It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Campaign Trail ‘Running for President’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What kind of president would you be if you ran for president of the United States of America?

Will you represent the Republican the Democrats or Independent?

What are your beliefs on foreign policy?

How will you fix the economy?

Jobs, education, trade and the security of this country.

What will be your legacy?

You have five choices.

A President.

A seat in the Senate.

The News Media/Reporter.

The Populace.

The 1%

In the left-hand corner or where ever you would like put what you are so that everyone understands what you are representing.

If you are on ATS and you are from another country, you can be president of that country, just represent and hopefully, all continents can be heard from and represented.

You can choose if you decide a running mate, but it is not necessary. Let us put the Clintons and Trump and any other political figures aside.These are your views and your opinions and your presidency, run your campaign.

I hope that management can declare a winner a little later.

The populace and the reporters are to ask as many questions as possible.

The Senate can strongly agree or disagree on any subject matters.

The presidents should sole focus on each other as your on the campaign trail but if you would like to say something in defense it's welcomed.

The 1% should focus on whatever makes them richer, see if you can throw a little bride in their or something, your job is to convince the presidential candidates and the Senate to whatever your money goals are.

If you want to represent Denver, as a Republican in the Senate, then let it be known which state and party your representing same goes for all.

Good Luck : cheers:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527
I will be the President, and my primary focus will be individual empowerment of the citizens. I want to run on a platform of better education that empowers American citizens to have the pertinent knowledge available to them as they grow and mature in grade school that will be relevant to them in the modern adult world they will grow up in. I also want to focus more on the schools emphasizing the Bill of Rights, and that teaching kids that a lack of participation will sell their future to those who want to steal from them and their heirs.

Will be running on a Republican ticket, but as a Green Party sleeper! Thats right, mandatory Federal plastic bag tax of .02 cents per bag! A penny is too irrelevant, but a nickel is too high. But my $0.02 cents is juuuust right.

Air and water quality will be mandatory concerns and priorities. But I don't really give a # for endangered species, so no protection by me when pipelines are at stake.

The rights to self-defense will be a big focus. I would continue to loosen the restrictions on the second amendment. Particularly, the only people who would be denied a sale of firearm would be citizens who have actually committed a crime with firearms. But I will give them an opportunity, only one more chance after a ten year period to restore those rights. If they commit a second crime with firearm, no more. LIFETIME ban on firearm ownership. I don't care if you stabbed your ex-wifes lover though, I won't stop you from buying a firearm as long as you served the time and are no longer in state supervision (parole, probation etc...). Even if you own a firearm and committed a felony, you can have it back when the probation or parole is satisfied. BECAUSE, you did not do it with a gun, so why should I restrict you of that??

I want firearm education from K-12, to be left to the states to decide on the curriculum through an ascending scale. I would prefer it though if most of America's children can pass standardized safety tests by 6 and are damn good shots and marksmen by the age of ten. Raising a generation or two of Americans like this would could really fix things for the better.

Some key highlights:

• k-12 firearms safety and training curriculum
  • national plastic bag tax of $0.02
  • may close down some bases in Europe to help divert more funds towards education initiatives
  • encouraging Americans to grow food
  • prevent states from restricting firearms rights
  • null

Thats where I am at right now. Did I do it right?? Have I won the internet??

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I would be the kind of President who went back to the Constitution, repealed income taxes and left people the hell alone.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

What kind of president would you be if you ran for president of the United States of America?

Probably an ineffective one. I would love the job, but so much of politics revolves around mass market ideas and hot buttons, and very little around truly new and unique approaches to things that I don't think my somewhat out of the box thinking style would go very far.

Will you represent the Republican the Democrats or Independent?

It depends on the year. I'm a lot like Trump in this regard, if I were seriously running I would run in whatever party has the weakest primary. In simple terms that means whoever has the biggest primary, because that's the easiest to win. I'm not really an ideologue of any specific group, so I don't have team loyalty to anyone.

What are your beliefs on foreign policy?

Increase trade, reduce overseas military. Let the allure of getting rich by working with us and leveraging our high GDP do the bulk of the work.

How will you fix the economy?

Remove Reagan's CPI changes.
Remove every tax except for personal income tax.
Remove all tax deductions.
Remove all welfare programs.
Remove minimum wage.
Establish a basic income.
Fight unions.

Jobs, education, trade and the security of this country.

Jobs: Let the market handle it. A universal basic income would once again give workers meaningful leverage against corporations by allowing them to say no to a job. Low end jobs wouldn't have to pay a wage higher than the employer feels it's worth, but at the same time employees could simply refuse to do the work if it doesn't pay them enough for it to be worth their time.

Education (compulsory): Add two more years of compulsory education after high school. In those two years teach an entry level job skill similar to a trade skill, negotiation, more math, personal finance, and a couple other things that are rarely even seen as electives these days.

Education (college): Remove education grants aside from those for low income people. Get the government out of loans. Get the banks out of loans. Make colleges provide financing for their classes. Successful graduates will get jobs and be able to repay the loans. Unsuccessful graduates won't. Schools will compete with each other to offer better terms. Allow bankruptcy on loans again, just like any other debt.

Security: Increase the size of the military, pay for it by having military that's not on active duty overseas work to build national infrastructure as their day job.

What will be your legacy?

It wouldn't matter to me. Being successful at any of the above, or even at something else of note would be enough. A legacy isn't really the sort of thing that I care about.
edit on 6-7-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Hopefully a democrat will come on here and challenge you maybe they are afraid they will lose,will wait and see.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I would be the kind of President who went back to the Constitution, repealed income taxes and left people the hell alone.

Democrat or republican.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

So your only real goal is to expose people to guns? What are people supposed to do about employment? education? savings? income? health care? Is a gun magically going to fix all of this?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
I like the way the economy works for now. Those planned 7-10 year boom/bust cycles make it easy to inflate our portfolios when we pay attention. I will make sure it is taught in schools too so people can stop pretending they had no idea when corrections are imminent or even what market corrections are.

But yes, more guns for everyone! Maybe withhold all federal dollars from states like Illinois and California that deprive their citizens of such basic fundamental rights guaranteed by the constitution! I'll throw out ammunition at my rally's like rice at a wedding. I really like that idea actually, let me write that down...

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I like the way the economy works for now. Those planned 7-10 year boom/bust cycles make it easy to inflate our portfolios when we pay attention. I will make sure it is taught in schools too so people can stop pretending they had no idea when corrections are imminent or even what market corrections are.

But yes, more guns for everyone! Maybe withhold all federal dollars from states like Illinois and California that deprive their citizens of such basic fundamental rights guaranteed by the constitution! I'll throw out ammunition at my rally's like rice at a wedding. I really like that idea actually, let me write that down...

So why would anyone ever vote for you if another candidate is also gun friendly but has positions on other issues too?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think a 3rd party is in order.

The National Deny Ignorance party. Our slogan...AND campaign promise!

"A covfefe in every pot and a twitter in every garage."

2 scoops of icecreme for the adults and snowcones for the kidooos.

To save the economy....only public education starting at 19 yrs of age focusing on Animal husbandry with pygmy goats our main export.

Strict National dress codes will be inforced by the Ministry of Decency. No brown shoes!!!! AND no sleevless dresses for the ladies.

All farm animals will be required to wear Tshirts or Diapers so the children won't be embarrassed.

That's about it...

edit on 7-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

They would vote for me because I would not support some crazy communist principal like Universal Basic Income?? Are you effing kidding me?? Only the lazy and willfully unskilled and ignorant would even entertain such a notion. Try getting the small business owners and independent contractors to check mark your name when you peddle that nonsense. I on the other hand, will make sure their states can no longer cut their nuts off with anti second amendment resolutions that inhibit a citizen's ability to protect their property businesses and employees.

A National Concealed and open carry bill that will preempt and replace all state regulation in regards to that right will also be on my agenda. Open carry anywhere that is not Federal building or airport, the states can still add restrictions such as parks and other structures, but cannot ban open carry in general public. Concealed carry rules can still be made by the states, but every state would require reciprocation in recognizing out of state permits.

That should can land me 20 million votes easy on that merit alone. Open carry another 5-10 million. Anytime we can make it easier for Americans to exert their right and duty to self-preservation and the protection of their community will see positive results at the election booth.

We need to fix the mindset in the schools and eliminate the guns=bad narrative that has been getting rammed into the youth for the last 25 years. Turn it into a culture of ownership and responsibility instead of blind fear and rage. When whole generations have been raised with intimate knowledge and experience with our modern defensive and food production tools, their mindsets will be more empowered and independent in adulthood. Then they can take action to force the change needed like getting Monsanto/Pfizer and other bio-tech/pharma interests out of the FDA and USDA. We can force the big media and telecomm interests out of the FCC, and get Goldman Sachs and the privately owned fed out of our Monetary policy and financial oversight.

But we need to raise generations with the balls and backbones to do it first.

Thats why they would vote for me, and not for a policy guaranteeing a luxury wage for obese slobs who whine about wanting to go home the moment they clock in and sluggishly move around during the day with an attitude and unwillingness to actually do a job they voluntarily agreed to be compensated for. A UBI would just empower all those types to flood the marketplace, and then service goes to # all across the board from fast food to retail and phone sales as well.

I like this game, lets keep it going!
edit on 7-9-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Universal Basic Income isn't some crazy communist notion. We could pay for it now without a single increase in taxes merely by cutting all of the welfare programs it would replace. Most estimates suggest it could even lower the federal budget.

Also, a UBI wouldn't suddenly flood the workplace with unqualified workers. Instead it would give citizens an alternative to work. Of course, if you wanted to work you could still do so, but only those who were motivated would get hired. When paired with the idea of also eliminating minimum wage, it could also alleviate the issue of needing to make low level positions pay more than their value, it could be purely market driven.

Gun laws on the other hand don't actually do anything. I'm not against people carrying firearms, but carrying a gun isn't going to get you a job, teach you a skill, or allow financial planning.

Also, what you seem to be suggesting is to arm an entire generation, and then turn them on the government and private corporations to force change at the point of a gun. Would you like to clarify, or did I get it right?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Who me
I merely suggested a future with an empowered America that would rid itself of swamp vipers the elected continually fail to do. Maybe they just need a little nudge

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Who me
I merely suggested a future with an empowered America that would rid itself of swamp vipers the elected continually fail to do. Maybe they just need a little nudge

What are empowered citizens to do with those weapons then? Threaten government and corporations, or actually use them?

It sounds to me like you're trying to advocate an armed revolution despite the fact you previously said you're happy with the economy and political system and as such have no stance on those issues. If you have no stance, then what do you suggest come after this glorious peoples revolution?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I give the people the power to make the choices they want. Thats all I would be doing. If other PAC's and grassroots movements take actions on their own, so be it. All I would be doing is to teach them everything they need to keep their country in check for the eight years I would be in office. No more no less.

top topics

join