It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when did CNN become a Police Organization?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

I think CNN would be thriving in North Korea. Like North Korea, CNN hates freedoms and would try to silence anyone who opposes them.

If CNN were to run this country, Han would be in a gulag.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I guess the guy had made threatening/hateful comments about CNN staff before "the meme". They found all this out once they went to T_D, saw him getting praise from the members there, went through his post history.

IDK. Reading more since last night I still think CNN shouldn't have contacted the guy...

Still, I tried a thought experiment:

Imagine someone hit a baseball through my window, and I went to investigate who did it, found out where they live and rang the bell. The guy doesn't answer. A bit later, my doorbell rings. It's a guy claiming to be the one who broke my window with his baseball. He says he's sorry and he doesn't want to involve the police or the insurance company. He apologies, says he won't whack balls in my houses's direction ever again. I agree not to report him.

Am I blackmailing him in that case?

Part of me thinks the internet communities were primed like a tinderbox for this, and CNN just clotheslined themselves into something waiting to happen.

But then again on the other hand...be a racist bigot online, win prizes IRL ...There's no denying the guy was spreading some pretty foul stuff, things I can't even post in the mudpit because it clearly violates the terms and conditons of the site. We're talking specific genocidal commentary about Muslims and black people, Jewish people were also targeted.

CNN is wrong on this. We already have a POTUS acting like a child, someone has to do the adulting, and clearly CNN wasn't up to the task.

It does, however, expose a lot more people to the vile crap being pushed/spewed on places like T_D and their loosely affiliated "friends" over at Stormfront, The Daily Stormer, ect...
edit on 5-7-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

CNN got caught with their pants down plain and simple. Nothing justifies their actions, they moved to quick and it's all out in the open now.

The internet is fair game, you can't try and police words or thoughts.

And as for the guy "threatening" CNN employees, they invoke more ideas than some redditor could ever dream of.

Their audience is huge and lately they've been taking a very obvious biased at the expense of their "news".

Nothing justifies their actions, but as you'll see from my above posts I won't defend this guy either. This dude would be rich if he didn't say dumb stuff for anyone to see.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

How about imaging this instead of your baseball story.

You were on ATS and you were SNIP posting for whatever reason and you were exercising your 1st amendment rights and ATS allowed you to do so.

All of a sudden, a HUGE MULTINATIONAL CORPORATION some how tracks you down and basically threatens to DOXX you because you made a MEME and the President used it? They want to expose you because you did something that pissed them off.

No need to over think it, it is what it is?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I don't know how the hell you come up with your analogies, but you are 2 for 2, in 2 days.

You also keep mentioning his posting history when it has absolutely zero relevance.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It looks like CNN even got the identity of the meme poster wrong. Looks like the he/she meme post was from Mexico.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

It looks like CNN even got the identity of the meme poster wrong. Looks like the he/she meme post was from Mexico.

The the guy they talked to on the phone lied to CNN?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ok.

I guess we're supposed to suspend disbelief and forget the user was doxxing CNN employees before the meme and CNN investigating.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
"I vish I cuod haf owned CNN !"

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

It's rather worrisome that I got all that first time through...

What ever happened to telling people without any authority to go do something unpleasant to themselves? Is it just that I'm growing old? Or am I just not a nice person? I think I am...

CNN a/k/a Thought Police wanna-be.

George Orwell knew of what he wrote. Unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

Yeah I didn't vote for them and if they do have ANY power that belongs to the government then we federalists and antifederalists, no matter the political affiliation, can all agree on one thing. Whether its a big federal government or a small independently administered one, IT NEEDS TO BE PART OF OUR GOVERNMENT and ratified under the constitution.

These people kind of aren't, are they? They sure do have allot of power. They hold lots of influence over our lives through media monopolies....Where are the Antitrust laws?

What happens when one of those leaks they love to illegally request from federal agents doesn't come so willingly? What if our government officials start to honor their oaths again? The audacity....

What if they one day decide to threaten to DOX an active asset or blackmail someone in a sensitive position? What if they start to rent this little muscle out to the highest anonymous bidder internationally? Anyone think they wouldn't because they truly care?

You think that hasnt happend to an extent already?

I say blackout the power grid from frying them.

edit on 7 5 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

CNN a/k/a Thought Police wanna-be.

George Orwell knew of what he wrote. Unfortunately.

They operated in bad taste. That being said, look no further than the NSA if you want to see George Orwellian.

The dude had public posts that could be used against him, any half bit private investigator could find his identity..

Save the feux outrage, many on this site hate CNN, but the points get muddied if you exaggerate their actions to make someone defend them.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Faux outrage? why? I agree with every word you just said...

The NSA should be torn out of the ground and the roots poisoned, along with the vast majority of the US intelligence apparatus.

I dislike CNN. True. I also dislike msnbc, fox, abc, nbc, cbs. Except on Saturday and Sunday during football season.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Sorry, you have no quarrels with me.

Continue on sir.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't have quarrels with anyone. Arguments, perhaps, even disagreements. The occasional temper fit, perhaps...OK, likely.

But quarrels? Perish the thought, good sir.

(post by JewWorldOrderAtS removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Thank ya kindly. It's hard these days, many people are invested tha we keep eyes on players and not the ball.

Even I get distracted frequently. My mind on trying to get people past partisanship, I myself have my own angle.
edit on 6-7-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Has Yellowstone exploded yet?

I want to see a gif of the intense explosion, with a CNN logo on it. Would be close to what they're doing now. Mag 10 !!

Someone give them an umbrella.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: seeker1963

Ok.

I guess we're supposed to suspend disbelief and forget the user was doxxing CNN employees before the meme and CNN investigating.

How does making a Meme equate to DOXXING?

You have done lost your marbles in defending CNN!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join