It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I had a hard time celebrating the 4th of July

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Sound familiar?? "minorities" felt oppressed by the government. I get it I can see how in today's world it can be misconstrued as a racist issue when it's really about the rich vs the poor. With limited upward mobility and the sheer cost involved in starting a business and the massive block into entry into the middle class (college) I get why they think it's us vs them when it's really the wealthy people who get to enjoy freedom in this country and not the poor.

This is it right here. It's how we're kept divided. By splitting the middle and lower classes up by race it breeds hatred toward one another. It's the incredibly wealthy that are #ing all of us.

Even if your household is making six figures your tax burden is way too much and you're being treated like part of the underclass whether you realize it or not.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
There are so many steps we can take, already built in to the constitution, long before we have to start a revolution.

I was once of that mindset. But after studying the history of revolutionary wars in the last 5 centuries the fact that so many ended in dictatorship, or worse, is extremely worrisome.

There is no guarantee any form of seizing control wouldn't become violent. There is no reason to believe that any revolution could take place in the US without someone shooting at someone else.

History has proven that nearly all revolutions lead to far worse consequences. All things considered, I think the US did alright. But we are an exception, not the rule. There is no guarantee we'd have the same outcome as the founders. Many would like that to be true, but the reality is that society is filled to the brim with little Hitlers waiting to happen.

Some of those little Hitlers are smart enough and violent enough to seize power in a power vacuum situation. The US remaining a constitutional republic is an existential issue, not just for the people, but for the whole world who relies on the fact that the US is largely a stable nation.

There are a lot of issues that can be advocated for at the policy level now that do not require any sort of revolutionary acts. I understand the anger, but it is not the time to call for desperate measures, right now is the time to educate and keep a watchful eye.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So this 4th i decided to stay home with a nice thick ribeye and some good ol American lager and watch some American revolutionary war themed cinema. I started with "The Patriot" which I admit was mostly just for the action sequence's and was easy to watch while distracted with devouring my perfectly cooked bovine. I then moved to something with more substance in the HBO series "John Adams" which commanded more of my attention as I wanted to soak it all in and try to understand and relate with what it must of been like in those times being powerful and important men with so much riding on every decision made and action taken.

If anyone would like to understand more about what it means to truly be free and just how far we have fallen from that concept then I may suggest looking more into the writings and ideas of Thomas Jefferson. That man was so far ahead of his time, well all of the founding fathers were really but Mr. Jefferson really had it figured out in terms of how to avoid too much centralized power.

It was also a reminder of one of the biggest differences between then and today in terms of revolutionary leadership.
See back then it was the well established and accomplished wealthy land owners that led the charge against tyranny and oppression. These men were pillars of their respective communities and well connected and affluential so people listened when they got up on soap boxes and echoed the same thoughts as the rabble though obviously more articulated and eloquent. They were natural born leaders that also happened to be wealthy, well spoken, educated, connected and popular.

We don't have anyone like that fighting for us nowadays. Now once a person reaches a certain level of wealth and or fame they are approached and invited to "join the club". If you join then your wealth and fame will exponentially grow but in exchange your absolute loyalty is expected and betrayal of that will mean your destruction. If you refuse to join then the system will scratch and claw at you until you are ruined or have no choice but to join. If you are super talented in a way that could be dangerous to the system and beneficial to the people then you are also approached and recruited or destroyed.

We are too locked in at this point that the only way to peaceably change it would be to raise an entire generation of children with the purpose of being groomed to infiltrate the establishment and change it from the inside. This is after all what TPTB have done over the course of generations and so far it has worked like a charm because "they" control everything.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join