It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile: US says it will use military force 'if we must'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thia is it.. north koria going to get proper bashing from Donald.... via twitter!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

I don't know if we're in the same thread...

But this one is about US officials threatening military action against NK...

Not the other way round. Nice try with the partisan jabs...

I'm glad you went there though because it pleases me to tell you, you sound like all the neocon warhawks before you...
Hillary included.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Because China and Russia want to see the US military weakened to an equal level to theirs.

NK is not the country to do that.

Secondly, we're bound to see new classified technology become unclassified during this attack.

I don't think we would have to bring out "new" toys to deal with NK.

Third, the US manufacturing is so depleted, that in the event of a war, Chinese factories will be working overtime to produce war materials for both countries.

That is a good point. One to consider.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If we didn't have those pesky little things called treaties, with both South Korea and Japan, not to mention several other nations in the region...fairly sure that would have occurred to someone some time ago.

Now, however, with them developing a missile, presumably, capable of reaching the continental US? That adds a bit of zest to what is an already interesting situation.

Having said all that? Unless someone is incredibly stupid, nothing is going to happen.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I wouldn't blame NK one bit for wanting to defend themselves. America seems to want to be world police, telling everyone else not to run with scissors while they themselves do it more than anyone else. Bunch of hypocrites if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

If we didn't have those pesky little things called treaties, with both South Korea and Japan, not to mention several other nations in the region.

Like the one with Ukraine hahaha.

Funny thing about our treaties, they're only honored when convenient.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It's funnier everyday when country sized compared to New Jersey is threathing the whole world.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: introvert

If we didn't have those pesky little things called treaties, with both South Korea and Japan, not to mention several other nations in the region...fairly sure that would have occurred to someone some time ago.

Now, however, with them developing a missile, presumably, capable of reaching the continental US? That adds a bit of zest to what is an already interesting situation.

Having said all that? Unless someone is incredibly stupid, nothing is going to happen.

With all due respect, Kim Un has already been "incredibly stupid" to test nukes and other missiles in violation of agreements, and also his constant threats against the USA when the USA has not harmed him. Or have we? I don't claim to know for sure exactly, but it seems Kim Un is doing all the things to cause this. Perhaps he, like most barbarically cruel tyrants, is quite paranoid and just following the voices in his head. Whatever it is, it is dangerous for everyone everywhere in the entire world.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: nwtrucker

So ignore defense agreements made with SK? With Japan? Force those immediate nations to develop their own nukes? Let 'er rip. Free for all. That's the alternative you ignore. If so, what is your solution to that very real scenario?

That's a different scenario than what I see in this case. This current issue is about a perceived escalation due to NK's missile tests. They have no attacked SK or Japan, in which I believe we have a duty to help those nations defend themselves.

When those attacks occur, I bet we will back our friends.

Puffing chests over a missile test is not the same thing.

www.telegraph.co.uk... .html

North Korea exchanges fire with South Korea Pyongyang threatens military action if propaganda broadcasts not ceased after firing initial shell at loudspeaker on South Korean side of border, prompting retaliation with "dozens of shells"

www.reuters.com...

North Korea fired scores of artillery shells at a South Korean island on Tuesday, killing two soldiers, in one of the heaviest attacks on its neighbor since the Korean War ended in 1953.

NK has been taking pot shots at the South for years, with little to no provocation.

link   
a reply to: seagull

I've already addressed that issue.

What authority do we have to dictate what another sovereign nation does? That is a serious question.

If NK is and has been such a threat over the years, why haven't we already intervened? We haven't intervened because we have no right or authority, nor can we prove NK is an imminent threat.

This is all political posturing.

I agree.

(post by boredhere74 removed for a manners violation)

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How is that different then any other era in history?

...go ahead, enlighten me.

Personally, I'm of the opinion it's past time for South Korea and Japan to haul their own freight. It certainly should be their decision whether or not a war happens, along with North Korea, of course.

Unless the midget dictator decides to start lobbin' missiles into downtown Anchorage, I'd just as soon ignore him. That happens? All bets are, of course, off.

South Korea and Japan are perfectly capable of dealing with North Korea. Probably easily.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And considering they say constantly they want to us them against the US...

You can quote them on that then, yes?

Not just their "we will fight back rhetoric" either...

A quote that basically says "we want to nuke the US for no reason other than sh*ts and giggles"...
I'll save you the time searching...
They haven't said that at all. Ever.

It's "Iranian nukes" all over again...
Would you let your neighbour decide what gun you can defend your home with?
I doubt that.

Here is a Washington Post article from 2015. Washington Post

North Korea has threatened to attack the United States many, many times before. Here's just a short list:

In May, Park Yong Chol, director of North Korea's Institute for Research into National Reunification, told CNN that the North has the capability to strike the United States with a nuclear missile, and would do so if the U.S. "forced their hand."
In February, officials warned that North Korea would cause the "final ruin of the US" with its "precision and diversified nuclear striking means."

In 2014, following an alleged North Korean cyberattack on Sony Pictures, a North Korean official threatened attacks on "the White House, the Pentagon and the whole U.S. mainland" if the United States retaliated.

In 2013, North Korea warned it could attack Guam, Hawaii and the U.S. mainland with rockets.

In 2009, North Korea announced that it had "tremendous military muscle and its own method of strike able to conquer any targets in its vicinity at one stroke or hit the U.S. on the raw, if necessary."

In 2005, a North Korean official said that if war broke out, the country would "first of all strike all bases of US imperialist aggressors and turn them into a sea of fire."

In 2002, following their inclusion in President George W. Bush's "Axis of Evil" speech, a North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman warned that "the option to 'strike' impudently advocated by the U.S. is not its monopoly" and that North Korea could "mercilessly wipe out the aggressors."

These threats pale in comparison to some of the threats Pyongyang has made against South Korea. Just this week, the North threatened the South with "indiscriminate" military strikes unless the joint military exercises were called off. Pyongyang has repeatedly warned that it could turn Seoul into a "sea of fire" — a threat that prompted panic buying in South Korea in 1994 when first used. Often, the language used to threaten South Korea has become inventively personal: "Let Us Cut Off Windpipes of the Lee Myung Bak-led Swarm of Rats," suggested one North Korean state media article criticizing the then-South Korean president.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

NK has been taking pot shots at the South for years, with little to no provocation.

Pot shots, as you said.

Nothing that would justify US intervention.

Or are we going to send the US military to get payback for a couple dead SK soldiers and a loudspeaker?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Actually, there's an interesting thing in there ...

NK doing 'stuff' doesn't favor anybody
they'e the thorn in China's side,
Russia's side and Iran's side too

NK is a buffer for China and Rusia
trading for Iran

At what point does the buffer become
useless and uncontrolable ?
How do you cut them loose ?

I'm more concerned that the US and Potus
could become stupidly embroiled
in actions of longterm consequences

All provoked by a hothead
whereas it could've been avoided

but we're not there yet ;p

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: boredhere74
a reply to: boredhere74 [SNIP]

Are you ok?
edit on 7/5/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: boredhere74
a reply to: boredhere74

suprised...no answer, just mpre nut if south korea....sigh, until you have been there, tried to help biut oh no might offend, done that, then piss off, and you wonder why? sad lil boys talk big, np way they have been there, but and still....flowers and seeds....seeds work..... ugh

Yeah....you're not ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join