It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon becomes 1st US state to offer gender-neutral driver’s licenses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

if your going to backlash then gimme something real and related to this topic.

LOL I'm not backlashing just pointing out the hypocrisy

But dont compare something we created to something by nature

The State creates fiat money, the State created gender identification. You said it was not real.

your words were...

but its the fact a state body is recognising something that is not real!

Money is man made, gender is chosen by nature, the state is recognizing something fake. We can choose to give the dollar value, we do not choose our sex, gender, xx or xy, etc... do i need to break it down more for you to understand? Money has nothing to do with gender, fiat money is a completely different topic. Why do people relate reality with stone age laws to, pfffft, pathetic

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Great job, canada.

Cheers for legislation for people on the dysphoric spectrum.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

By the way, Super Saiyan's only exist in the Dragonball universe.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I used to like Oregon. It seems to me that there's only two genders male & female. Bible thumpers will tell you that all day long. They tell you it's written in their book. I being an atheist, simply know that there's men there's women and that's it.

Now to all men on here that are still single and looking to marry one day and plant some roots. You been dating this "girl" for at least 3 years, you two have been doing the nasty for quite some time. Problem is your future wife hasn't told you she used to be a he. Brenda hadn't broke it to you she used to be Bert.

So she/he finally set's you down just days before the wedding and tells you the truth. Do you still go thru with it or no? Would you not feel sorta "cheated" lied too. IMHO....the % of men that would continue in this relationship would be extremely low. I know I would want my woman to have been one since the womb. Not one that decided in their teens to be something their not.
edit on 5-7-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Any virtuous human would disclose right up front, and still have hundreds of prospective straight men in courting.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Any virtuous human would disclose right up front, and still have hundreds of prospective straight men in courting.

How many virtuous humans are there really?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Good question.

I learned I can't trust anyone so I no longer give people the benefit of doubt.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Virtuous human...lol. I think the last one died on a cross somewhere.a reply to: Mousygretchen

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sex is biological. Gender is cultural. Federer is biologically male. Even if he identifies as culturally female, he still not allowed to play on WTA.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

By the way, Super Saiyan's only exist in the Dragonball universe.

Thats the point, when your born a man you can't simply just become a female, its fantasy, not real.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I wonder what the "Pastafarians" would think?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's a pointless exercise. You're male or female. end of.

Genetics baby.....

How anti LGBTJUIOPMCXZASW+-# of you!

My gender is Apache helicopter and no one will tell me otherwise!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's a pointless exercise. You're male or female. end of.

Genetics baby.....

How anti LGBTJUIOPMCXZASW+-# of you!

My gender is Apache helicopter and no one will tell me otherwise!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Just more batsh**t crazy millennial cuckery.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

if your going to backlash then gimme something real and related to this topic.

LOL I'm not backlashing just pointing out the hypocrisy

But dont compare something we created to something by nature

The State creates fiat money, the State created gender identification. You said it was not real.

your words were...

but its the fact a state body is recognising something that is not real!

Money is man made, gender is chosen by nature, the state is recognizing something fake. We can choose to give the dollar value, we do not choose our sex, gender, xx or xy, etc... do i need to break it down more for you to understand? Money has nothing to do with gender, fiat money is a completely different topic. Why do people relate reality with stone age laws to, pfffft, pathetic

Just playing devils advocate here but in the context you provide in the above reply, you are in fact placing a value on gender, or st least how someone chooses to identify their gender.

Another point of interest, as the" nature determines gender and not who or how a person feels" line of reasoning seems to be the rallying cry throughout this thread, in Homo Sapiens Sapien (and I could provide dozens more examples were written by include reptiles and rspedially amphibians) it really isn't quite as clear cut as you're either XX or XY. For the vast majority of humanity this is the case. But there are a number of little tricks that Mother Nature likes to pull on us. The SRY gene is far more fickle than most would like to acknowledge and different outcomes, from nature, include but aren't limited to-

A zygote with only X chromosome (XO) results in Turner syndrome and will develop with female characteristics.[6]
Congenital adrenal hyperplasia - Inability of adrenal to produce sufficient cortisol, leading to increased production of testosterone resulting in severe masculinization of 46 XX females.
Persistent müllerian duct syndrome - A rare type of pseudohermaphroditism that occurs in 46 XY males, caused by either a mutation in the Müllerian inhibiting substance (MIS) gene, on 19p13, or its type II receptor, 12q13. Results in a retention of Müllerian ducts (persistence of rudimentary uterus and fallopian tubes in otherwise normally virilized males), unilateral or bilateral undescended testes and sometimes causes infertility.
Male pseudohermaphroditism - Failure of androgen production or inadequate androgen response, which can cause incomplete masculinization in XY males. Varies from mild failure of masculinization with undescended testes to complete sex reversal and female phenotype (Androgen insensitivity syndrome)
Swyer syndrome. A form of complete gonadal dysgenesis, mostly due to mutations in the first step of sex determination; the SRY genes.
A 5-alpha-reductase deficiency results in an androgen disorder characterized by female phenotype or severely undervirilized male phenotype with development of the epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicle, and ejaculatory duct, but also a pseudovagina. This is because testosterone is converted to the more potent DHT by 5-alpha reductase. DHT is necessary to exert androgenic effects farther from the site of testosterone production, where the concentrations of testosterone are too low to have any potency.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

academic.oup.com...

Unfortunately, a large portion of the blame lies in factory farming and the drugs, Chemicals, steroids, antibiotics and on and on...that our meat supply is tainted with to maximize profit margins.

At the end of the day, who really cares though? Who is being harmed by a lack of gender identification on someone else's drivers lifense? Everyone seems to be up in arms because they view it as coddling transgendered people but from my experience, the transgendered people I know want to identify themselves as one gender or another so I'm just not seeing how a gender neutral ID even plays into it. Everyone freaking out over this is acting like a triggered snowflake and that's exactly what the people promoting this legislation are hoping for. They want people to make all sorts of noise against this because it raises the profile of their platform, whatever that platform may turn out to be. Hook, line and sinker... you've all swallowed the bait whole.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

How in the hell does this even affect you? It doesn't and by denying others feelings it makes you an insensitive bigot.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I like it.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Yikes. Harsh much?

I'm posting the story for all to contribute.
Why am I singled out by you?

You hit the nail on the head. "Feelings" that's all they are.
Physically, feelings have nothing to do with it. I could "feel" I was a million things, however, placing them on a identity card is another?

Are you Male or are you Female. You can't be neither? Fact.

So, get off your little horse of self righteousness and get with the program.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join