It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Inseparable' Couple Died Together in Plane Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
'Inseparable' Couple Died Together in Plane Suicide

After a couple was killed when their plane crashed into a snow-covered mountain in Alaska, their adult children found a silver lining. Cecilia Matter, 63, was suffering from cancer and didn't have much longer to live, they told KYUK at the time of the crash in December. It would have been devastating, they added, for her 62-year-old husband to live without her. After all, the couple was "inseparable."

Tough situation... I don't believe in assisted or otherwise suicide, on the other hand I can so understand this man's decision.

While there's no indication that the couple's children had prior knowledge of the suicide, one of the Matters' daughters afterward told KYUK that "Dad couldn't function without Mom … He couldn't fix himself meals or anything." Cecilia Matter, she added, "was the lifeline of the family."

Makes me wonder if he told his wife or took things into his own hands.

RIP

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Heartbreaking, but it's two of the burdens we bear or can't bear - Love and Death.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Well, they just #ed themselves out of any insurance monies...lol

Jaden

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Yeah...because that was the main concern...you have truly tapped into the heart of this story...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Not true, most policies have a thing about , no killing oneself for a year. It's true look it up, I asked my agent when I got mine in November and thought Hillary might win.a reply to: Masterjaden

PS, may God show mercy.
edit on 7 051705 1717 by WUNK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I was going to point out life insurance can cover suicide met life told me the same thing 15 years agaio when I read the small print and said what????
Up to that point i didnt believe any insurance would cover it .
strange isn't it ?
So if your suicide just get life insurance wate a year and loved ones get rich ?
Just sounds so like they would find a reason to NOT pay out to me .
So who has ever tested this lol ?
as for these two . Did the dude tell his wife ? my guess would be yes .
One last fly in the sky hun ? romantic and tragic at the same time .
Funny how heart broken every one gets over this kind of story and yet cheers over how many were killed in teh latest booming done by who ever .

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

I laughed.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Not true, most policies have a thing about , no killing oneself for a year. It's true look it up, I asked my agent when I got mine in November and thought Hillary might win.a reply to: Masterjaden

PS, may God show mercy.

This is true. I used to work in this industry and there is usually a one or two year period where the policy will not pay should the insured commit suicide. After that time period, it pays out. This makes sense, as the cost of insurance for everyone would rise if people could purchase a $1,000,000 policy, pay the first premium, then kill themselves.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: WUNK22

I laughed.

I smiled. I'm glad they went out together in a way they chose.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

If she chose it, she may not have been aware of what he was going to do, I really can sympathise though - we will all be tested like this in our lives, be strong, live long and healthy, and never fear because it really is just a ride.

new topics

top topics

join