It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simpsons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
While I find this show absolutely hilarious and quite entertaining, I often see a lot of mockery and disrespect towards religion and religious figures. Aside from that there are a lot of other big time evil things that go on in this show. And I wouldnt be surprised if there is hidden simbolism within. Im currently watching the new episode that was after the Super Bowl and I think I saw 666 when they scored michelle kwan on her skating but Im not sure because I didnt think to look until after I realized that most of the scores were sixes. I think it went something like: 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, and then 5.9. and then another 6.0 or something from the judges. Sorry if I sound stupid but I just want to see what other people think and if they have noticed it as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You realize figure skating is scored out of 6, right? Like, that's the best score you can get?

Maybe figure skating is secretly evil?

Simpsons = generally witty social commentary. It's not evil.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well, skating has a 6 point instead of a 10 point rating system.

I agree the Simpsons mock religion, but like in the episode Homer the Heritic, they don't mock faith. They go after legalism in faith hardcore and make fun of the steriotypes, but the overall message tends to be sound and in sync with Judeao-Christian morals. I was actually eating lunch with my small group from church after church today and we were talking Simpsons. Good times!

I haven't seen too many recent episodes, tho. Really bad at hitting the tv at the right time. Just own a lot of the DVDs

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Simpsons is nothing compared to South Park, They make fun of every race,religion and culture.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
dont diss the simpsons, the world world be a darker place without it

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Fox
Simpsons is nothing compared to South Park, They make fun of every race,religion and culture.

lol And that's why I no longer watch South Park.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I love south park to I love how they can just make fun of everything it's really refreshing in a world of political correctness and that seems crazier every day.

Team America made me laugh so hard

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Make no mistake; I am not condemning South Park. I just choose not to watch it these days. Keep on pumping out the hate, Trey and Matt, sadly this country needs that to counter the PC movement.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I read a long time ago an interview with Matt Groening, that they always
drew God with 5 fingers instead of the usual Cartoon Character 4,
out of respect. I'll post it if I can ever find it again, it was from about
5 years ago.

Bit Of Trivia for you.

And yes....The world would be a darker place without the Simpsons.

new topics

top topics

join