It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Earhart Survived Plane Crash, History Channel Documentary Claims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm still wondering why there are no military personnel in the photo, but rather a bunch of civilians. You would think somebody as famous as Earhart would warrant some kind of special attention. Which makes me think that maybe the photo is misidentified from the beginning, and nobody knows where and when it was actually taken.

I've tried to see an airplane on that barge, but just can't do it. And again, if it was recovered (that was probably quite an operation, if so), you'd think there would be a lot more attention paid to it.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That is a possible explanation regarding his upper torso...though the angle of lenses in pic is quite off angle. I am still wondering about the lower figure of Noonan looking awkward and mid level blurred. Certainly shadows could be playing tricks on me...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's a really good documentary with eyewitness accounts. Eyewitnesses on Saipan Amelia Earhart youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

If I look at his waist and legs it looks like he is leaning on the electrical pole and his right leg maybe cocked and his left straight supporting his weight.
It is a really poor picture or scan. I wonder how much better a photo would be?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
If I look at his waist and legs it looks like he is leaning on the electrical pole and his right leg maybe cocked and his left straight supporting his weight. It is a really poor picture or scan. I wonder how much better a photo would be?

The larger, better scan I used can be found here:
peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
My opinion is this picture doesn't look like much proof for Amelia-but maybe for Fred Noonan?

In my completely unprofessional opinion, it's not a very good match. Noonan had huge ears. Also the eyebrow and cheekbone doesn't match up well. Maybe somebody else can match it better than I can, but...

edit on 6-7-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

Usual hearsay

No hard evidence - like piece of aircraft or artifacts from her or Noonan

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The talk of them ending up on a Japanese held island has been out there for years. There was a story a few years ago of an arm bone being recovered that was a close match to the length of her forearm. It makes sense honestly.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm still wondering why there are no military personnel in the photo, but rather a bunch of civilians. You would think somebody as famous as Earhart would warrant some kind of special attention. Which makes me think that maybe the photo is misidentified from the beginning, and nobody knows where and when it was actually taken.
a reply to: Blue Shift

Figure if Earhart and Noonan were alleged to be spies would be under guard - no soldiers or police visible anywhere

Most likely would have been turned over to feared KEMPETAI to be tortured

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

The eyewitness describes the US military bulldozing the electra and other planes into a huge pile to burn. That airport would be a good place to start. The Japanese soldier said that he buried their belongings in a cave. Some good metal detecting experts are needed.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The talk of them ending up on a Japanese held island has been out there for years. There was a story a few years ago of an arm bone being recovered that was a close match to the length of her forearm. It makes sense honestly.

I agree that it makes more sense that they landed and/or crashed near the Marshall Islands where the Japanese were setting the stage for war with US. The tokyo citizens celebrating the early rumors would have no clue that their government was about to go to war and thus, thought this was a big thing for Japan.

My misgivings are with the picture itself. I cannot help but think someone wants the truth to come out so bad that this photo was manipulated. It may be the truth...but one should not use fakery to embellish fact.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I agree. The picture is a little convenient. I can see bone and even aircraft wreckage, but a picture suddenly surfacing is really convenient.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The photo is very sletchy in spots. It seems as though the questionable spots are three in number.
The airplane.
Noonan.
Earhart.
More questions,
Why wouldn't there be a photo with Noonan and Earhart as the center of attention? As in having her at least facing the camera for a photo?

There are supposed eyewitnesses that saw Noonan with a broken leg after the crash and the one guy says that he helped a Japanese doctor set the broken bone. This photo, if real, would ruin that guys story.
I might watch the show on Sunday night, but I don't expect to see any real proof of anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

indeed the more i look at this picture the more it looks fake

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
July 9, 2017

If this is true, the Amelia Earhart mystery is solved...

""Four bone-sniffing dogs that were brought to the remote Pacific island of Nikumaroro to search for traces of Amelia Earhart have identified a spot where the pioneering aviator may have died 80 years ago.

The dogs — four border collies named Marcy, Piper, Kayle, and Berkeley — arrived on the island on June 30 as part of an expedition sponsored by The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR) and the National Geographic Society.""

Full Story here: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hmm, we have a Japanese blogger claiming the photo was actually published in 1935.

A Japanese military history buff has found library records showing a photo supposedly depicting Amelia Earhart survived a crash landing in 1937 was actually published two years before the famous aviator vanished.

a Japanese military history blogger, who goes by @baron_yamaneko on Twitter, found evidence the photo predated Earhart's famous disappearance. The History Channel is aware of the evidence, and says it is investigating.

In an English-language post, the blogger explains that "the photograph was first published in Palau under Japanese rule in 1935, in a photo book ... So the photograph was taken at least two years before Amelia Earhart disappear[ed] in 1937 and a person on the photo was not her."

The photo book in question was digitized and published online by Japan's National Diet Library. The publication date is listed in the traditional Japanese style as "Showa 10" — that is, 1935.

The blogger also identifies the ship in the image as the Koshu, which the Japanese seized in World War I, rather than the Koshu Maru, which was launched in 1937.

NPR

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

hmm - your source seems to have made an astounding leap from :

" our dogs have identified a location where bones are present "

to

" we has found miss earhard "

because - of course she is the only person who evar [ alledgedly ] died on the island < sarcasm

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: carewemust

hmm - your source seems to have made an astounding leap from :

" our dogs have identified a location where bones are present "

to

" we has found miss earhard "

because - of course she is the only person who evar [ alledgedly ] died on the island < sarcasm

If those are not her bones, we are back where we started...because the photo being discussed in this thread was actually taken YEARS before Earhart's disappearance, according to this NewsWeek article today.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Hmm, we have a Japanese blogger claiming the photo was actually published in 1935.

A Japanese military history buff has found library records showing a photo supposedly depicting Amelia Earhart survived a crash landing in 1937 was actually published two years before the famous aviator vanished.

a Japanese military history blogger, who goes by @baron_yamaneko on Twitter, found evidence the photo predated Earhart's famous disappearance. The History Channel is aware of the evidence, and says it is investigating.

In an English-language post, the blogger explains that "the photograph was first published in Palau under Japanese rule in 1935, in a photo book ... So the photograph was taken at least two years before Amelia Earhart disappear[ed] in 1937 and a person on the photo was not her."

The photo book in question was digitized and published online by Japan's National Diet Library. The publication date is listed in the traditional Japanese style as "Showa 10" — that is, 1935.

The blogger also identifies the ship in the image as the Koshu, which the Japanese seized in World War I, rather than the Koshu Maru, which was launched in 1937.

NPR

Interesting. If true, then it's a real photo, but of someone else.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just saw this on my fb feed. World War II vet claims to know what happened to Amelia Earhart

In short, world war 2 vet Curtis Knutson tells of what he was told about Earhart.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join