It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathy Griffin Reportedly questioned for an hour by Secet Service.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wow, Okay that is kind of strange. trump cant honestly believe she is a threat to him. I know she screwed up, but I think she is paying her dues. What About Ted Nugent about Obama and Jonny Derp about trump? Those were pretty damn serious Ted Nugent more so, only because he did it a couple of times....

Let it go. I put this in the gray area, because I would kind of like it not to be over the top politics Just want to see what others think.

www.yahoo.com...
edit on 5-7-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I dont think anything will come off it, its high profile now and the Secret Service need to be seen to be doing something, I think thats all it is.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That is what the secret service does. No matter who the president is.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I dont think anything will come off it, its high profile now and the Secret Service need to be seen to be doing something, I think thats all it is.

I think you are right, but she was tweeting about it, I did not know that she would be investigated. Her tweets are pretty harsh. I did not want to post em, cause it would cause too much conflict.
edit on 5-7-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ted Nugent did get a visit!

So now what?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Ted Nugent did get a visit!

So now what?

Wow man, I did not know that, why so harsh. If he got a visit that is good, Depp should get one too. NO president should be threatened, I don't care who he is. Now I have to go look up the Ted Nugent visit, that I didn't know about...See I educate myself when corrected.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Secret service knows why they are doing this, you don't. The word "secret" seems irrelevant for you.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

trump cant honestly believe she is a threat to him.

Trump has no say in the matter.

It's the Secret Service that do. It's kind of their job.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yes, Ted Nugent was investigated and questioned in person.
Rolling Stone
He was not charged because he did not actually threaten the President, according to the Secret Service.
edit on b000000312017-07-05T14:04:51-05:0002America/ChicagoWed, 05 Jul 2017 14:04:51 -0500200000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Wow, Okay that is kind of strange. trump cant honestly believe she is a threat to him.

There may not be a threat of her attacking Trump, but in a country with some severe headcases, a TV-personality proclaiming her hatred for 'the evil Trump' while waving his severed head about might constitute a thread.

I am not saying that she would be responsible if someone were to attack the president because of her antics, but I can certainly understand if the secret service would pay her a visit.

Of their own accord.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I think anyone who makes what could be construed as a threat to our President should be visited. However, people in entertainment and Hollywood more so!

With the amount of people who worship these so called godz of entertainment and the amount of people who are on psychotropic drugs, people on television should be held to higher standards. When someone loses their mind and commits murder, have you ever wondered why it is never mentioned what prescription drugs they were taking? Mind control and worshiping idols is no joke. These people have power, and they know they can manipulate those weak enough to do their bidding with words.

Something to think about Kurt.

Also I wasn't trying to be harsh, just playing with you using your own game.

edit on 5-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Why are people so harsh. I just asked what your thoughts were. I wonder what kind of questions they would even ask. I mean to talk to her about it for over an hour, they had to have a ton of questions. OR She may have gone rambling on, like she did during her press conference....

link   
Might be to protect her while shes picking up the idiot of the year award

link   
Just wondering who drew the short straw to have to go and interview that miserable creature.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Why are people so harsh. I just asked what your thoughts were. I wonder what kind of questions they would even ask. I mean to talk to her about it for over an hour, they had to have a ton of questions. OR She may have gone rambling on, like she did during her press conference....

Here is Mike Huckabee's explanation about what happened with Kathy Griffin:

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee took a swipe at Kathy Griffin, saying Secret Service agents needed additional time to interview the comedian, but couldn't "stomach" her. His comments came in a tweet on Tuesday morning: Secret Service interviewed Kathy Griffin for 1 hr; they needed more time, but that's all they could stomach; Agents in de-tox now. — Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee) July 5, 2017

Newsmax

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Because no one has time for idiocy! You put some half arse bait out there and expected what exactly?
edit on 5-7-2017 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Wow...the Secret Service was sure on top of this!

Not. It's been more than a month. If the SS are concerned about Kathy being a threat to the POTUS, then they sure took their time questioning her. That's unacceptable, IMO.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Why are people so harsh

My guess is the typical
tone you always use, and now when you want to be calm or serious, people can only remember the

It's a strange dynamic and something to consider moving forward.

On topic - an hour is not long at all when it comes to an investigation/interrogation, especially when you consider it's the president we're talking about. I don't think anyone is worried about Kathy Griffin, but rather the rhetoric and influence it can have on others. This goes to all crazy celebs.

edit on 5-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Wow...the Secret Service was sure on top of this!

Not. It's been more than a month. If the SS are concerned about Kathy being a threat to the POTUS, then they sure took their time questioning her. That's unacceptable, IMO.

I thought that too, But when you think about it, they knew SHE would never have the ballz to do it, she was just projecting her visions to those already deluded that just might pull it off?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

As others have said, the POTUS has no say in how the Secret Service addresses any "threat." This chat with Griffin was written in stone when she made a childish, bone headed choice. In fact, if she'd done this with a mock up of a living FORMER POTUS' head, she likely would have received the same level of SS visit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join