It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grenfell Tower Block Fire 12 Month Immigration Amnesty For Survivors Announced

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Denying Ignorance for everyone's sake. Let's now face up to the fact Britain is host to numerous undocumented migrants who are often living in properties illegally sublet by fraudsters during a crippling financial and housing crisis.

www.theguardian.com...

The Home Office has announced a temporary 12-month immigration “amnesty” for survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire.

The shadow home secretary, Diane Abbott, welcomed the announcement but said the 12-month amnesty did not go far enough.

The amnesty must be indefinite to be truly effective.”

The message here is get burnt out and stay forever.

The next step is obvious, but I can't say it.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It would have been political suicide to have deported them.

Not saying i agree or disagree only that this has been done for political reasons not moral reasons.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

You can't say it but everyone's thinking it.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They are just the indicator. It's the thousands more, here and yet to arrive that I'm concerned about. Do they really want to be here? Have they been misled for political reasons?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Of course you can say it.

I'll say it.
You're concerned that asylum seekers will burn down buildings they're staying in for this same amnesty.

That is a possibility.

First thing that came to my mind when I heard this was "arson"...

It's ok to say it.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I'll say it.
You're concerned that asylum seekers will burn down buildings they're staying in for this same amnesty.

That is a possibility.

It's ok to say it.

What worries me more is with 180 odd buildings failing tests so far.. terrorists seeing this as an opportunity to cause carnage..

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yes. I've seen the small scale equivalent often enough to know it's the first port of call for some minds.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Totally. And crazy arsonists can only see the gap left by panels taken for testing in one way.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I understand the position of the government and the fact that deporting them Would cause alot of unrest.. but they were in this country illegally.

They had broken uk law and we're living illegally in social housing.. paid for by this country. I don't know the answer but a 12 month amnesty seems to be middle ground in appeasing those that demanded they were given instant citizenship.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think this is a very humane decision. The idea that the displaced residents should be given indefinite leave to remain is just ludicrous. What problems would that solve? A year is enough time for these poor sods to at least recover a little from the disaster, so it's not heaping fresh shock upon existing shock.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Humane, yes.

Trauma is something many of us have to live with.

The extrapolated reasonable assumptions are the issue that I feel has been exposed and must be acknowledged for everyone's benefit.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
The extrapolated reasonable assumptions are the issue that I feel has been exposed and must be acknowledged for everyone's benefit.

Not sure what you're on about, there. The assumptions appear to be that illegal immigrants will burn down their own homes (which has not happened, probably because it would be a stupid thing to do) or that terrorists will set light to buildings with cladding similar to that on Grenfell Tower (and this hasn't happened either).

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I mean tower blocks and other accommodation throughout Britain are accommodating a huge number of undocumented immigrants put there by fraudsters who screech racism if challenged.

It would be one hell of a coincidence if it was only that one.
edit on 5 7 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I mean tower blocks and other accommodation throughout Britain are accommodating a huge number of undocumented immigrants put there by fraudsters who screech racism if challenged.

Yeah, but that's not exactly a revelation. I think there was even a reality TV show that followed the UK's immigration control officers round the country busting these little nests. Countries with a relatively high standard of living, or even with a good reputation for one, will always attract these people and their schemes.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

or that terrorists will set light to buildings with cladding similar to that on Grenfell Tower (and this hasn't happened either).

Yes but who knew 3 weeks ago these building would ignite and burn in such a way.. A shock to everyone including engineers and fire officers..

I can just imagine these evil little bastards minds ticking away with this knowledge..

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I'll say it.

That is a possibility.

It's ok to say it.

Going by my experience of home grown students in dorms and HMO properties, if it isn't falling asleep on the sofa with a burning spliff in one hand, it's going to be forgetting to turn the cooker off, preparing Cous-cous while forgetting to add water, a cheap toaster with a broken spring, turning the kettle on while forgetting to add water, playing with fireworks and flares, tight coils of electrical cable, leaving a crystal ball or mirror on a sunny windowsill, never mind dodgy fridges and freezers.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Yeah the thought crossed my mind too, and at a guess it was probably a factor in the rushed evacuation of the other blocks with this cladding. But - thank God - no such attack has happened, and it looks like the opportunity has passed.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The amnesty was declared so that they can work out who is who in the bodies they have taken away from the Tower.
There was a family of 40 in one flat celebrating Ramadan...they never got out.

However, I know I wouldn't like to be living in one of the 180 odd that have failed 100%, regardless if they have appointed a 'Fire Warden'. As one of the firemen told me...fat lot of good they will be if a fire is set....given everything else that was wrong with Grenfell let alone the cladding.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I see a new chapter coming in the "Praise be to Allah terrorist handbook".....

I see a ban on Bic lighters coming any day now in the UK.....
edit on 5-7-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Kick them out and jail the people who was illegally letting the flats
#e when we have to pay for all this #

top topics

<<   2 >>

join