It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread will be my observations on the current political climate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Irishhaf

You spelled it out in the OP:

As a disclaimer I am a conservative

If you check my posting history you will see I routinely defend Trump...

I am not a republican...also as I stated Veterans Party member, registered Independent before that, republicans are not my side, if the Democrats or the wackadoo left that keeps slinging mud would do something silly and show up with I dont know evidence, I will change my posting manner.

As of this point we have over a year of mud slinging and precious little in the way of actual evidence of any wrong doing, but no end to the speculative stories from anonymous sources.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You're good in my book

I'm centrist too. Let's all unite under the battle cry of, "I don't necessarily disagree with your points!"

All we need now is a business to print up the T-shirts and badges.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I didn't call you a republican. I called you a conservative.

As of this point we have over a year of mud slinging and precious little in the way of actual evidence of any wrong doing, but no end to the speculative stories from anonymous sources.

Yeah, Trump is TOTALLY innocent from all the # he gets... None of it is his fault or because of something he did or said. /sarc

PS: Complaining about the dearth of stories from anonymous sources just shows an ignorance to the history of the profession of journalism.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Out of 300 million people you chose Trump and Hillary....Literally a douche and turd.

You got the government and political climate you deserve.

I won't disagree. it's almost shocking which clown is put on the ballot. Seems as though the president doesn't really matter in the big picture of what goes on in the country anymore.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So again then.. which is my side then..

I never said he was 100% innocent... care to show me a quote where I stated it?

As for journalism... I have no problems with an anonymous source that provides evidence, and context to go with the evidence, probably 90+% of the stories this year have been anonymous sources with their opinion on how something occurred... or their opinion on a story. That is crap journalism..

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Anonymous sources are a legit thing. It's largely how journalism works. It's only suddenly a problem now?

I agree about Pelosi, Schumer... he's okay for a Dem. I'd like to see the party's abolished. All of them.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I don't see you calling Trump or the conservatives out for anything. Where are you remarking on how the Republicans have black-balled the Democrats in the health care debate, not letting them help with the bill crafting in the slightest (all while bitching that the Democrats won't help)? I just see you bitching about the democrats and liberals like they are the sole group responsible for the political divisions in our country. It certainly paints a clear picture of bias.

As for journalism... I have no problems with an anonymous source that provides evidence, and context to go with the evidence, probably 90+% of the stories this year have been anonymous sources with their opinion on how something occurred... or their opinion on a story. That is crap journalism..

Really? I never see types like you ever look at evidence or context. It's always, "anonymous source? Fake news!" I don't believe you for a second.

To me, this thread is just another conservative bitch/blame fest and not really a sincere attempt to analyze the problems with the country. I'm tired of reading arrogant threads from conservatives like yourself telling me that Liberals and Democrats are the sole cause of today's problems and never address a single issue their own political side is doing.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Couple of thoughts... that may be pertinent, regards the "body politic" and the last election.

1. If you think about it... Trump IS a "3rd party candidate"... he was reviled by BOTH the mainstream Dems and Reps.

2. Not entirely sure Trump's campaign, itself, set(s) up the media, and then beats their a** when they take the bait. But... Trump is more of an entertainer than a business man. He's basically an entertainer who is also a business man. He knows how to "play" to the public.

The other day, another poll came out that put "trust of the media" at 30% of Americans... and trust of Trump at 37% of Americans. Now... Trumps numbers don't beat media by that much... but, there is another way to consider this.

70% of Americans DON'T trust the media... and they have a reason for feeling that way. When they see Trump "beat down" the media... it makes them VERY VERY happy.

Simply put... a majority of Americans don't trust media... and love seeing Trump beat their asses.
edit on 5-7-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie white tailed deer...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I don't see you calling Trump or the conservatives out for anything. Where are you remarking on how the Republicans have black-balled the Democrats in the health care debate, not letting them help with the bill crafting in the slightest (all while bitching that the Democrats won't help)? I just see you bitching about the democrats and liberals like they are the sole group responsible for the political divisions in our country. It certainly paints a clear picture of bias.

Really? I never see types like you ever look at evidence or context. It's always, "anonymous source? Fake news!" I don't believe you for a second.

To me, this thread is just another conservative bitch/blame fest and not really a sincere attempt to analyze the problems with the country. I'm tired of reading arrogant threads from conservatives like yourself telling me that Liberals and Democrats are the sole cause of today's problems and never address a single issue their own political side is doing.

really you want to bring up the healthcare... ok how about this... they still did not need the republicans... they did not have to compromise at all, they went ahead and let the republicans have a say so they could do exactly what you are doing... blame the republicans for it not working.

Without seeing the exact numbers you want to know how I can say that.. no Republicans voted for it and it still passed, so I do not buy this lie that the democrats had to work with the republicans... this is one of the time the democrats should have nutted up and said it.. F it.. we are going to pass what is right.

I do not give a rat spit whether or not you believe me, they could have caught hillary drinking baby blood from the corpse and you would have excused her behavior you have gone completely around the bend since your messiah lost to a reality tv star.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Anonymous sources are a legit thing. It's largely how journalism works. It's only suddenly a problem now?

I agree about Pelosi, Schumer... he's okay for a Dem. I'd like to see the party's abolished. All of them.

To give some extra point to my feelings about the politicians...

I desperately want Ryan out of office, I cannot stand the guy and hope like heck that the union guy running a grass roots campaign beats him.

Also Mcconnel needs to go, very little would make me happier than seeing him unemployed.

Much like the Democrats the republicans have some good young politicians that might still care about helping the people.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Greetings to all You ATS™ members- (typed sans any commas to observe the threads 'secret rules' )

With the bombardment of crap stories 3rd hand from an "anonymous source" I wonder what "They" are really doing??? Personally I don't think Herr Drumpf will be residing in the WH by the end of 2018. I originally opined He wouldn't finish the year not because He would be impeached but quitting to devote ALL His time to Twitter™ Once He figures out He doesn't make any $$ on Twitter™ he'll invite all of His "fans" to check-out and subscribe to His new YouTube™ channel. You thought it was bad o'er at farcebook™ w/Your friends bugging the snot out of You to subscribe to their channel (1 of 517 views) Wait to see Snotty Donnie begging.

If You have to defend Him then he isn't worth a bag of snot.

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. I apologize for the snot references but I saw a quick clip of Mr. Trump where He did the quick w/draw of snot and then curled His lips (like a "cranker" or someone who did some illegal inhalants.... just like that guy from Germany in the 30s)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

A thread where a conservative talks about the failings of the Democrats/liberals and accepts no blame for his own side? Well this is certainly new and exciting! /sarc

OK, I'll take the plunge and be the first to accept right sided blame. As a conservative, I blame us fully for the failings of the Democrats.liberals. That actually wasn't that hard to do, really.
I'll do it again... Conservatives and the Republicans are COMPLETELY to blame for the many failures of Democrats and liberalism in America! WOW! Feels good, man. The Conservative movement in the USA shoulders 100% of the blame for every failure the Democrats and liberals have experienced in the US. Holy cow, is this what truthful liberation feels like? It's so incredibly empowering... I can feel the justifiable self righteousness coursing through my veins.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

70% of Americans DON'T trust the media... and they have a reason for feeling that way. When they see Trump "beat down" the media... it makes them VERY VERY happy. Simply put... a majority of Americans don't trust media... and love seeing Trump beat their asses.

Bold claims there cowboy. Got any reliable sources to back that up? Let's see em or else I'm gonna run up the BS flag again, and we wouldn't like that to happen, would we?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

www.npr.org...
30% trust media "a good amount" or "a great deal" while 70% "not very much" or "not at all." Trump admin actually fared very slightly better with 37% trusting it and 64% not.

That said, this poll reeks of something to me. I can't fathom 60% of Americans placing any trust whatsoever in the intelligence community that places ZERO trust in the American people or the court system that is so broken nearly every America craps themselves if they have to go before a judge.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, I wonder why all the big dog advertisers still stick with the MSm to sell their wares when they are so unpopular.

You would think Alex would be selling Toyota's and toothpaste instead of BS vitamins and dried beans.

Gotta give Alex some credit to build a multi mil empire based on bravado and bull sh!t. I guess HL Mencken called it best when he said

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."

and my favorite.....

edit on 5-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I supported Gov. Gary...long time libertarian here.

I swear you have told us multiple times you were working with the republicans this past election.

I don't think Republicans are stupid as they were my employers during the Campaign and they were very astute and knowledgeable. But I am concerned that a president thinks they are.

edit on 5-7-2017 by thesaneone because: Quote added

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Yeah, I wonder why all the big dog advertisers still stick with the MSm to sell their wares when they are so unpopular.

You would think Alex would be selling Toyota's and toothpaste instead of BS vitamins and dried beans.

Gotta give Alex some credit to build a multi mil empire based on bravado and bull sh!t. I guess HL Mencken called it best when he said

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."

Why are you bringing Alex Jones into this? I don't trust him any more than I trust CNN, MSNBC, or FOX.

www.journalism.org...

According to Pew Research Center analysis of Nielsen Media Research data, viewership increased for cable news channels in 2016. In prime time, combined average viewership for the three major news channels (CNN, Fox News and MSNBC) increased by 55% to 4.8 million viewers.

4.8 Million average viewership.

There are roughly 245 Million Americans over the age of 18 who would have been the overall sample population from which the Pew study was conducted with. 4.8 million out of 245 million is just under 2 Percent pf the adult population... 30% of the overall population at large trusts the media. I'd guess, and mind you this is just me speculating here, that those 4.8 million Americans fall into the "I trust the media" camp comprised of a group about 15 times larger than the total number of cable news viewers. Hell, let's expand this to network nightly news...
www.adweek.com...
The three alphabet networks post about 22 million nightly viewers. So that's another group that almost certainly falls within the poor trusting bastards category from the Pew poll.

As to why the advertisers spend so much? I dunno... maybe the fact that 6 mega conglomerate multinational corporations own 90% of America's news companies AND also own the majority of the corporations advertising on them (creating quite a lovely little corporate tax sheltering scheme in the process, not to mention keeping a stranglehold on The Narrative™ ) has something to do with it all... www.truthorfiction.com...
You're being played. Turn off your TV and delete WaPo from your bookmark list and actually learn something useful instead of gobbling down the horsecrap the establishment is feeding you.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I supported Gov. Gary...long time libertarian here.

I swear you have told us multiple times you were working with the republicans this past election.

I don't think Republicans are stupid as they were my employers during the Campaign and they were very astute and knowledgeable. But I am concerned that a president thinks they are.

That's right....I worked for the GOP in their media center during the last campaign. You don't need to be a republican to work for them. I also worked for gov Gary in his media pool when he ran in 2012; That where I got my experience in writing/ producing/directing political spots.

The GOP paid much better than the Libertarians and were a union shop.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Finally... someone who abhors commas as much as I do...

yup.. they should all die in a burning ring of fire...

Commas have their uses, but I have observed that people don't understand what they are for. Either people don't use them at all, or they overuse them. Or, even worse, they sprinkle them randomly throughout the text apparently thinking they will have to get it right at least some of the time.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You're being played. Turn off your TV and delete WaPo from your bookmark list and actually learn something useful instead of gobbling down the horsecrap the establishment is feeding you.

I don't watch TV news but I hope folks will still watch the series like Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Longmier, In Plain Sight, Crash, Night Shift and Preacher, because I was either background, crew, or had a small part in all of them. Plus over 100 feature films.

SAG/AFTRA and IATSE Union proud, Union strong! I also have my own small Production company with my partners making commercials, festival shorts, features and hireing out to other production companies.

I'm in the studio now working on a screenplay. Thanks ATS for more inspiration, Ideas and themes, than I can ever use.

www.facebook.com...

Totally blessed to have been in the right place at the right time to start a new career here in Tamalewood.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join