It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread will be my observations on the current political climate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There will be a couple thoughts in this thread feel free to answer all, some or none and just mock me. (yes it is multiple thoughts, I decided on 1 thread rather than spam the forum with multiple threads that boil down to my own thoughts and observations)

As a disclaimer I am a conservative (in my opinion) but I am not A republican... I was a life long registered independent until I finally chose a party and went with the Veterans Party of America. If you check my posting history you will see I routinely defend Trump... its not because I am a huge fan as much as 90-95% of the stories about him are so patently absurd they deserve to be denounced by everyone at all times. I voted for the only third party candidate allowed on the ballot in my state.

It was brought up in the CNN Reddit debacle that this could all be a form of manipulation and that got me wondering if Trumps entire campaign was not predicated on media manipulation. I do not know if it was trump or someone on his team that realized the more they spin up the press, the more they get attacked, and that relentless barrage of hit pieces could begin to sway undecided voters in his favor. As information came out that the majority of the media was pushing Hillary as the savior of all and everything, and that the DNC rigged the game as much as possible in Hillary's favor during the primaries... the crazy guy that angers the media starts to look like a better option.

Think about it, pretty much everyone that was not a paid shill had some moment during his campaign where you just went... What the deuce... but after the first few times the media whipped itself into a frenzy and could not be bothered to cover anything other than Trump. Heck I had the thought at one point.. they are attacking him so rabidly maybe I should give him a chance!

So what do you think has this all been a careful manipulation of the media's lack of journalistic integrity?

======================

The democrats... After losing a presidential election that should have been a walk in the park victory, primarily because of no real message... poorly run campaign... and a media that could not get out of its own way. They face plant 5 times in a row... they could have made up ground for taking back control at the midterms.. instead they went 0-5 because as far as I could tell their message was we will spend lots of money and stop trump... trump is bad.

My personal preference in this current situation would be for the democrats to have the house or senate... so the two sides have to sit and talk to each other... one party rule rarely benefits the people.

But at this point with no change in leadership looming... why should I think the democrats are going to gain any ground in the midterms... I mean can someone give me real reasons beyond hopes and dreams. 6 times in the last year they have failed to deliver a coherent message for the majority of the people, why should I expect Pelosi and Schumer to suddenly come up with an idea beyond Trump is bad... we are not trump vote for us???

What truly saddens me is the Democrats have some amazing people on their side that could do a lot of good unifying the nation, but they are rarely acknowledged... or if they are acknowledged they are considered to "right wing" to be a true democrat.

News flash clowns... the majority of the People in the country are centrist.. with issues that they lean left on and others they lean right on. I honestly believe we are closing in on a rise of the third parties... if for no other reason than the people are fed up with the useless children bickering in DC and screwing up our lives!

In a perfect world we would have a number of parties to choose from, like it used to be... instead we are stuck with two sides of the same turd sandwich.

I am honestly curious about what folks think on both thoughts... has the Trump team manipulated the press in a masterful way... and what the heck Democrats give me a reason to think your going to get your stuff together.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Finally... someone who abhors commas as much as I do...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is my observation of American politics.

Trumpkins: Derp

Democrats: Herp

American politics in general: herp derp.

Out of 300 million people you chose Trump and Hillary....Literally a douche and turd.

You got the government and political climate you deserve.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

yup.. they should all die in a burning ring of fire...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

And it burns, burns, burns,
The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Star and flag for another alt right circle jerk. We need more of them as it's now a daily ATS ritual. Good job.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

There is another thread that is alt left circle jerk, do you care to go to that thread as well and state this.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Star and flag for another alt right circle jerk. We need more of them as it's now a daily ATS ritual. Good job.

What is your opinion...Did trump and his team figure out a new way for someone to get elected?

Or do you really feel Pelosi and Schumer are going to be able to craft a message that reaches voters?

I want a healthy Democratic party, because until a third party rises up they are the only check to the crazy the republicans like to hide.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

And it burns, burns, burns,
The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

Very glad someone chimed in with that... or I would have felt like a bigger dork than I am.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Bottom line, I'm going to vote for the person who wants to lower my taxes, not take away my guns, protect our borders, not socialize my healthcare, and promote more freedoms not less.

Don't care if that is a man or a woman or something in between.
Don't care if that person is white or black or somewhere in between.
Don't care if that person is a republican or democrat or somewhere in between.
Don't care if that person is Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew, or somewhere in between.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

What is your opinion...Did trump and his team figure out a new way for someone to get elected?

Or do you really feel Pelosi and Schumer are going to be able to craft a message that reaches voters?

I want a healthy Democratic party, because until a third party rises up they are the only check to the crazy the republicans like to hide.

It's fine with me if ATS becomes a total right wing conservative circle jerk alt site. I supported Gov. Gary...long time libertarian here.

Both parties could have broken ranks and voted third party just like I did and we wouldn't be in this stinking pile of covfefe. Why did you assume I was a democrat?

I completely expect Trump supporters to blame everything and everyone for Trumps F+++ ups. Cult love is powerful....believe me.

The GOP used to be the party of family values and personal responsibility...now it's blame Obama, blame Clinton, blame msm, blame blame blame.
edit on 5-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

If you check my posting history you will see I routinely defend Trump... its not because I am a huge fan as much as 90-95% of the stories about him are so patently absurd they deserve to be denounced by everyone at all times.

What stories are patently absurd? Or did you just throw that line in as some kind of subtle subliminal.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

How about the Dossier..

Take your pick from the literally hitler freak outs...

Of the two, Pence is much more likely to walk down some of the same steps hitler did... but that seems to be who the left wants in charge.

eta: Russia... you can probably make a strong argument that somebody on his team was in communication with Russia at some point on the campaign trail... but that is not the narrative that is being pushed... I will cheerfully and happily stand up and say I was a dumb Arse... if it is proven that Trump colluded with Russia like the narrative that the MSM is pushing says.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Nah Pence needs to go with Trump but it's unlikely to happen. The dossier could be legit, we don't know.
edit on 7/5/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Nah Pence needs to go with Trump but it's unlikely to happen. The dossier could be legit, we don't know.

I would be afraid to have Pence sitting in the big boy chair...

The dossier may or may not be true, we will never know because of the non-stop (for awhile it may finally be petering out) "anonymous" source stories have more than likely forever muddled the truth.

The democrats need to oust pelosi and schumer, they have a number of people that could do a more effective job leading the party.

I really do want a healthy Democratic party, I just do not see it happening with the current leadership.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

the majority of the People in the country are centrist.. with issues that they lean left on and others they lean right on.

Heretic! Show your sources! No science links from the Liberal elite and no right wing think tanks allowed. No MSM sites either. Prove your claim!

Prepare for a flogging from Left and Right.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Sounds like Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I got some money 'cause i just got paid
How I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

A thread where a conservative talks about the failings of the Democrats/liberals and accepts no blame for his own side? Well this is certainly new and exciting! /sarc
edit on 5-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Since I am not a republican... which side would that be?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You spelled it out in the OP:

As a disclaimer I am a conservative

If you check my posting history you will see I routinely defend Trump...

edit on 5-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join