It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of Trump Supporters.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think hypocrisy is the wrong word. It implies a rational choice.

The die hard knee jerk Trump supporters have a huge emotional investment in the man and cannot - cannot - see him objectively without shaking their entire world view.

They are like the Stalinists who took forty years to get over Khruschev's denunciation of their hero and all the evidence that came out with it.

They are like the people who insisted and insisted that Saddam had WMDs years after the invasion found nothing beyond circumstantial evidence.

This is a normal, human thing.

It's not healthy - if Trump gets dumped by his party, they will be torn apart from the inside - but it's human.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It doesn't, I just find it strange that a group who were so upset at the mere idea that obama might have been Kenyan dont care that the first lady of the United States of America..... is not American. There is nothing wrong with it, its only a observation on my part.
If Obama was Kenyan, then even you should have a problem with his presidency. It is written in our constitution that in order to qualify for POTUS one must be a natural born US citizen. Now while it isn't specifically defined in the constitution exactly what a natural born US citizen is I do think it's pretty self-defining. Even if Obama was born in Kenya, which he very well may have been despite all this potentially contrived Hawaii junk, I think his mother being a US citizen is what makes him a natural born citizen.

Still, there is a very big difference between the first lady's natural born citizenship status and the POTUS because no such law is written about the first lady. Therefore, there is no reason to care.

IS that not kind of what I said during the OP?
No. At least not with the same sentiment.

not even worth responding to sorry.

You said responding to it.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Please stop the hypocrisy, Trump is human he is flawed, you better start accepting it.

Unfortunately, not an easy thing for authoritarian followers to do.

We know enough about authoritarian supporters from research, and history, to know it will be very hard to change their minds about the leader they adore.

They are extremely ethnocentric, dividing the world sharply into people in their in-group, and automatically disliking all others. They feel politicians who promote minority rights and immigration discriminate against them. Donald Trump tells them they are right. He is their champion.

They are highly dogmatic. They get their ideas from others in the in-group, especially from their leader, not from evidence and logic. They say there is no evidence that will make them change their minds. They’re quite comfortable believing “alternate facts.”

They get great satisfaction from being part of a large movement. Being in a cohesive crowd at rallies thrills them because they silently tell one another, just by being there, that they are powerful and right. They create an echo chamber that reinforces the belief that all the good people think like they do.

They severely limit their sources of information. They get the news that they want to get. This also produces an echo chamber when the news sources they trust are copying each other and relaying Trump’s message.

They have highly compartmentalized minds. When an unpleasant truth forces its way into their awareness, they do not try to integrate the other things they believe with it. Instead they put it in a box and isolate it from the rest of their thinking, which proceeds as if the truth never existed.

Put all this together and you get an idea how hard it will be to change their minds about Donald Trump.

Article by John Dean Altemeyer on Trump’s Supporters

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join