It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of Trump Supporters.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: daskakik

I didn't say anything about what you claimed. I pointed out what your argument is.

It wasn't my argument.

what is it then because you seem to be the only one who knows

The wrong word is being used, thus the accusation is false.

So what would you prefer?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

There is another term or phrase that is more fitting for your examples.

Yes it is semantics, and for that I apologize. But when people are accused of something it is important, I think, to get the accusation correct.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You can be guaranteed that there will be more than a few Trump supporters who will respond to this thread by making the accusation that the left is just as hypocritical if not more so than them.

As should they!

'The other side' being hypocritical too, points to hypocrisy being a trait not of a trump supporter but rather of a supporter. That is pretty relevant when you try to paint hypocrisy as a trump supporter trait.

If someone said that women have a HUGE carbon footprint, it would be perfectly reasonable to point out that men does too, and that it might be more reasonable to say that people, rather than 'women', have a huge carbon footprint.

The same applies here.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

You can be guaranteed that there will be more than a few Trump supporters who will respond to this thread by making the accusation that the left is just as hypocritical if not more so than them.

As should they!

'The other side' being hypocritical too, points to hypocrisy being a trait not of a trump supporter but rather of a supporter. That is pretty relevant when you try to paint hypocrisy as a trump supporter trait.

If someone said that women have a HUGE carbon footprint, it would be perfectly reasonable to point out that men does too, and that it might be more reasonable to say that people, rather than 'women', have a huge carbon footprint.

The same applies here.

It's easier to put those whom you oppose into a small box, so when your realize you are intellectually incompetent, rather than face that fact, you can just close the box.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Politics is making everyone sick in the head.

SnF
edit on Rpm70517v34201700000005 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

As should they!

The same applies here.

Its just very obvious that one political side is much more hypocritical than the other. Its possible to slice and dice the evidence right here on this board for proof.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

That's a really long post for really not having said anything.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Citizens that don't accept that their candidate lost and Big Daddy Trump is the President are the problem.
Do you know how many times I've heard people say 'oh HRC won the popular vote?"
Buthurt liberals are the problem, with them it's their way or the highway, but in this case, it's them that have to take the highways, cause their candidate is a LOSER.
Get over yourself libs, you lost, and not only that you've went 0-4 in special elections and are going to get slaughtered at midterms.
Both sides of this coin have Trump on them, this is the beginning of a political dynasty, and the dwindling number of liberals still out there are screaming mad.
People are coming to their senses and getting red pilled with the truth. More and more people are seeing the light, that this country can be made great again, if you keep the power out of the hands of liberals.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BitterRoot

Citizens that don't accept that their candidate lost and Big Daddy Trump is the President are the problem.
Do you know how many times I've heard people say 'oh HRC won the popular vote?"
Buthurt liberals are the problem, with them it's their way or the highway, but in this case, it's them that have to take the highways, cause their candidate is a LOSER.
Get over yourself libs, you lost, and not only that you've went 0-4 in special elections and are going to get slaughtered at midterms.
Both sides of this coin have Trump on them, this is the beginning of a political dynasty, and the dwindling number of liberals still out there are screaming mad.
People are coming to their senses and getting red pilled with the truth. More and more people are seeing the light, that this country can be made great again, if you keep the power out of the hands of liberals.

^ First rate thinking

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Bluntone22

The hypocrisy to me is not giving him a chance to fill his campaign promises before calling him a failure

Explain?

how is it hypocritical to call trump a failure? you could argue its incorrect or premature but hypocritical....?

Obama was given years to blame bush "some rivhtly so" for the problems of the country. Trump has not been given the same grace and that is hypocrisy.

Obama blamed Bush for starting a war and tanking the economy. If Trump wants to blame Obama for the middle east ... oh wait he already does. If Trump wants to blame Obama for the economy... oh wait he is taking credit for it.

So what grace do you want to give Trump? What equivalent do you wish to make between administrations?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think Trump supporters are just dealing with insane asshats that are too used to getting everything they want.

I dont care. Hate me, I love it.

*Bat Man voice...

"We arent the Trump supporters you deserve, we are the Trump supporters you need."

edit on 7 5 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I think your examples are closer to describing "Partisanship". But using that term wouldn't be very muddy.

It is very difficult to have a meaningful debate on topics in my view with this much hypocrisy, it is very difficult to take a Trump supporters argument that Comey deserved to be fired yet he was a hero when he announced reopening the Hilary investigation. This hypocrisy undermines your arguments and views.

Changing one's opinion based on two different events is not hypocrisy.

Touting the need for civil debate and then calling your opposition hypocrites in a mud pit thread is hypocrisy... unless you were just kidding about that part.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Untrue again.

That is just your opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This thread just highlights why I can't stand either of the two-party paradigm partisan #fest or the flabbergasted fangirls who drop to their knees to praise their "team."

Both liberals and conservatives alike think that them voting along their partisan-allegiances are what is best for the American populace. They both believe their candidate(s) will bring in "hope and change," and will "make America great again."

Every four years, a new face emerges with a fancier and extravagent (propaganda) speech. Whether it be Obama closing Gitmo and ending the wars, whether it be literally a world Hillary Clinton has to say, or Trump saying "lock her up," - objectively - they are entirely the same.

But alas, for "this time it's going to be different, it's the lesser of two evils," or whatever excuse may be pandered for generations to come.

Republicans and Democrats have done more damage to this nation than an American-hating terrorist living thousands of miles away in an area that doesn't have sustainable clean water let alone Netflix and Starbucks could ever hope to do so.

And they will continue to do so, and the American people will continue to vote for them.

And the best part of it all, the partisan-shills, diehard "never can do wrong," cultish-like fanatics, and overly optimistic will continue to remind us all that what I, and many others, have to say should be ignored and that we should continually vote for more of the same.... because "X," or "Y," is going to save the day.

It's amazing. I still read comments about how people are "upset," over how Obama was "able," to blame everything on Bush but Donald isn't "given the grace," to blame his failures on Obama....

.... it's incredible. The level of intellect is.. well, no wonder why people continue to vote in-masse for people who directly go against their best interests.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Zarni!!

LOL

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

That is just your opinion.

It's your opinion that it's my opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It's your opinion that it's my opinion.

No, actually it is fact that it is your opinion.

Whether your opinion is correct or not is another matter.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Disclaimer...I haven't made it to the end of the thread yet.

That said, I couldn't wait to post this...
I think the phrase the OP intended by hypocritical is really "double standards". Hypocrisy doesn't fit as was pointed out, however using context from the OP double standard does fit pretty well.

As to the rest of the thread and OP...I think you have your priorities mixed up. You (as in everyone participating) need to look inward and not outward. All these threads painting broad strokes and trying to blame others for this or that fault are only going to further a divide that makes for some pretty worthless debate and site content. That's just my take on it. I also don't just mean the left or right but literally everyone...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

No, actually it is fact that it is your opinion.

Whether your opinion is correct or not is another matter.

It is a fact that it is your opinion that it was an opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I think the phrase the OP intended by hypocritical is really "double standards".

Bravo.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join