It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of Trump Supporters.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Anyone can be hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The big lie is that "all politics is all about "hypocrisy"."

The same people who defended Obama are attacking Trump.
The same people who are defending Trump, attacked Obama.

But what are we actually defending, and what are we actually attacking? If they were the same, then it would be hypocrisy.

As I posted in another thread;
Bottom line, I'm going to vote for the person who wants to lower my taxes, not take away my guns, protect our borders, not socialize my healthcare, and promote more freedoms not less.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Anyone can be hypocritical.

YES, i am sometimes as well. However there are HUGE SWATHS of people being obviously hypocritical right here on this message board.

Also, when I am wrong or hypocritical...I always admit it to myself "(my name), you were being very mean and hypocritical...apologize and change for the better"...

I think that if everyone talked to themselves like that...lessons would be learned and hurdles overcome.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I don't think people should really worry about what others post on a message board, unless you've been elected hall monitor.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not everyone who's all in for one side is a hypocrite. Inconsistent, maybe irrational but not necessarily hypocritical.

If I espouse a belief that all marriages should be monogamous then have multiple affairs, I'm a hypocrite.

If I espouse all marriages should be monogamous, remain monogamous, call out some for blatantly violating the sanctity of marriage but not others, I'm not a hypocrite I'm inconsistent.

By the way, I don't care what any of you do, so bottom line I'm apathetic.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I didn't say anything about what you claimed. I pointed out what your argument is.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
well im really in a bad spot because i think almost ALL politicians suck.

i didnt vote for Trump but i was glad Clinton lost. that doesnt make me a Trump supporter.

i routinely criticize Trumps policies (not trivial BS like tweets) like Syria and the war on drugs.

I think Trump is routinely underestimated by his enemies and that puts them at a significant disadvantage when he has proven time and again he is a MASTER troll, the latest CNN debacle yet more proof of that.

I think others who have pointed out we may be being played by all sides here have a point. As long as Trump and the media are going at each other and nearly everyone on both sides are cheering on their team we will be blind to whats really going on. I see all this as a distraction from more important things therefore i simply cannot support or get involved in this low mentality nonsense and i consistently call out those who have big media platforms who are obsessively reporting on what amounts to childish playground taunts and insults like Alex Jones, Cernovish, PJW and others.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I didn't say anything about what you claimed. I pointed out what your argument is.

It wasn't my argument.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ha ha haha haaaaaa

"Nazism is bad but Islam is good"

A liberal calling normal people hypocritical, funny.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I don't think people should really worry about what others post on a message board, unless you've been elected hall monitor.

but thats just the thing, i feel like its my mission on Earth to be the eternal Hall Monitor, to help people to and from realities and fantasies...and to help them find the way to truth.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Not everyone who's all in for one side is a hypocrite. Inconsistent, maybe irrational but not necessarily hypocritical.

If I espouse a belief that all marriages should be monogamous then have multiple affairs, I'm a hypocrite.

If I espouse all marriages should be monogamous, remain monogamous, call out some for blatantly violating the sanctity of marriage but not others, I'm not a hypocrite I'm inconsistent.

By the way, I don't care what any of you do, so bottom line I'm apathetic.

Your examples of "inconsistency" are also hypocritical examples...to me. None are good to be tho.
edit on 5-7-2017 by veracity because: typos, weird verbiage

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It wasn't my argument.

what is it then because you seem to be the only one who knows

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

but thats just the thing, i feel like its my mission on Earth to be the eternal Hall Monitor, to help people to and from realities and fantasies...and to help them find the way to truth.

Physician, heal thyself.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It wasn't my argument.

what is it then because you seem to be the only one who knows

The wrong word is being used, thus the accusation is false.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Not exactly, trump supporters can be hypocrites if they claim a virtue and then act in opposition to that virtue but it would be something particular to an individual.

If coutse, something's are said and understood to apply to groups because ilthere seems to be a consensus seems but lesmis doesn't seem to accept that.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That is the claim not the argument.

The argument was the dictionary definition doesn't fit the examples given.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If coutse, something's are said and understood to apply to groups because ilthere seems to be a consensus seems but lesmis doesn't seem to accept that.

No, I accept generalizations. I generalize all the time. What I do not accept are false accusations.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That is the claim not the argument.

The argument was the dictionary definition doesn't fit the examples given.

Untrue again.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Your examples of "inconsistency" are also hypocritical examples...to me. None are good to be tho.

A cat can have kittens in an oven. That doesn't make them biscuits.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Hypocrisy is demanding the the election results be accepted but then doing anything but that when the results didn't go your way.

The left crying "hypocrisy" is completely worthless considering the self righteous posturing they were doing on election eve. They were having fits over Trump's reticence to comply with their demands to "honor the results". Yeah yeah, "but Russians!" - pathetic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join