It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of Trump Supporters.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

when the OP is this idiotic, addressing the issue is not an option. It's like if I started a thread titled "Why everyone in the UK has bad teeth". Think on that for a spell.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

But none of you so far have said, yeah ok this is hypocritical i can accept that and this is why.... none of you have addressed the issue.

That's because people in general seem to be dishonest.

Not only with others, but also with themselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

the biggest problem is when some idiot thinks that he can paint "Trump Supporters" with one nice wide brush. It's the epitome of stupid. There are quite a few varieties. But the one thing that will remain constant, is the more bottom feeders come up with dumbass ideas like this one, the more they will find people opposing their low information viewpoints.

There are 1 or 2 that are smarter than the others. Personally, i think all that post on this forum board are the smarter trump supporters bc you come on here knowing there are "others" who post on this board that do not think like you. I know that most trumpitarians will only converse and share fake news stories with each other so to open your mind to converse with the lefties on this board takes a bigger brain than most.

However, the hypocrisy is still obvious in many posts on this board.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

When Trump supporter say that Hilary is not fit because of her health but then ignore similar points being made about Trump is that not hypocrisy?

Its ok to suggest Hilary is not physically fit enough to be POTUS but its not ok to make the same suggestion about Trump?

Is that not hypocrisy?

Call for Obama's impeachment for whatever reason, its patriotic, call for Trumps and you are a traitor, is that not hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

when the OP is this idiotic, addressing the issue is not an option. It's like if I started a thread titled "Why everyone in the UK has bad teeth". Think on that for a spell.

Again do you not see how you are actually enforcing the point I made before.

If you wrote a thread like that I would say you are wrong because of x,y and z or that you are right for other reasons.

But to basically say "nah your a idiot bye" is pretty pointless is it not?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

But none of you so far have said, yeah ok this is hypocritical i can accept that and this is why.... none of you have addressed the issue.

Again I think this is a big part of it.

It creates almost a degree of cognitive dissonance, they might now that supporting Trump in some aspects is hypocritical but its so at odds with hard held beliefs that they just dismiss it and ignore it.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

When Trump supporter say that Hilary is not fit because of her health but then ignore similar points being made about Trump is that not hypocrisy?

No.

Its ok to suggest Hilary is not physically fit enough to be POTUS but its not ok to make the same suggestion about Trump?

Is that not hypocrisy?

Nope.

Call for Obama's impeachment for whatever reason, its patriotic, call for Trumps and you are a traitor, is that not hypocrisy.

No.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No, just no. The title of this thread is spot on!!! None of trumps supporters seem to acknowledge their own hypocrisies. Here is another hypocrisy, Tweet anti-violence, and then tweet a gif of yourself kicking the crap out of CNN.....

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

LesMis is arguing that since "Trump supporter" never claimed to be impartial he can do these things without being a hypocrite.

Of course, many do claim to be fair and still do this so they would be acting hypocritically and most people would understand that that is what you mean but not LesMis.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

"trump supporter". What about, "defender of stupid"? You don't have to be a "trumpite" or "trumer" or a Trump supporter to read the golden shower bull# and call it out for what it was, but if you do, you are a "trumpster" or some other dumb# term. Having names thrown at you time and again, from people who from their very words, are "anti-trumpettes" gets old and a bit annoying. Watching the left show their inner two year old has been a very sad thing to watch. temper tantrums, crying, flailing, none of that will make Trump go away. And if the boneheads who are so damn afraid of what he might do or say, would STFU for a few minutes, he would likely do or say something stupid, but he doesn't have much of a chance with all the lies and projecting going on.

If you are unhappy, be sure you show up at the polls in 2020. But my advise would be find a decent candidate to run, When your side gets beat by "The Donald", well, you really didn't have a very strong team to start with.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

LesMis is arguing that since "Trump supporter" never claimed to be impartial he can do these things without being a hypocrite.

Of course, many do claim to be fair and still do this so they would be acting hypocritically and most people would understand that that is what you mean but not LesMis.

No. I'm claiming the wrong word is being used, thus the accusation is false.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

LesMis is arguing that since "Trump supporter" never claimed to be impartial he can do these things without being a hypocrite

I love that you have been able to explain it better than him with a simple line.

Basically then because they are Trump supporters they cannot be hypocrites when it comes to Trump regardless of what views or actions it concerned because they are only acting out of political support.

If we take Hypocrisy to be the idea of having one rule for one and another for others then this entire mindset is hypocritical is it not?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Again do you not see how you are actually enforcing the point I made before.

If you wrote a thread like that I would say you are wrong because of x,y and z or that you are right for other reasons.

But to basically say "nah your a idiot bye" is pretty pointless is it not?

in this case, I'm going to go with no. I fully stand behind my original assertion that you are very correct in your last sentence.

Stupid is as stupid does.- Forrest Gump

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Yes, but you have also altered a thread title from the title of the quoted article, to imply demos against trump were worldwide when your own quoted article said otherwise.

You can not credibly complain of other's bs and twisting stuff when you are a recent and blatant culprit yourself.
edit on 5-7-2017 by skalla because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2017 by skalla because: Tiepose

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I love that you have been able to explain it better than him with a simple line.

But... that was completely wrong. Are we really this daft?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: introvert

Again I think this is a big part of it.

It creates almost a degree of cognitive dissonance, they might now that supporting Trump in some aspects is hypocritical but its so at odds with hard held beliefs that they just dismiss it and ignore it.

I have invented a term, and it may already be known with a different term ...1st rate thinking.

For example...I won you lost, quit whining...type exclamations that you would hear on a 3rd grade playground.

These mentalities are incapable of thinking ahead to deeper thinking, they stop at..."Abortions kill babies!!!!" "No, I dont want to pay for birth control for women"....even though its proven that Obamacare's free birth control significantly declined the abortion rate, they gloss over that fact and still elect to push for the "NO BIRTHCONTROL!!!, close your legs".

and they also do not think about after the baby is born..."NO EBT, NO HEALTHCARE FOR THE POOR"

The same mentality is heard throughout the deep republican/trump supporter stances not bc its neccessarily the best decision...but the easiest to comprehend to a 1st rate thinker. Republicans in office bank on this and use it to draw up tears and votes. The left does it too, just not as easily. MOst 2nd and 3rd rate thinkers do not care for or agree with 1st rate thinking policies (for example Abortion) and that is why they identify more with Liberal views.

There is alot going on here with politics and psychology.

edit on 5-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

But... that was completely wrong. Are we really this daft?

Well you are basically refusing to believe that Trump supporters are being hypocritical because you dont like the use of the word.

So are we really this daft?

you tell me.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

a reply to: veracity

"trump supporter". What about, "defender of stupid"? You don't have to be a "trumpite" or "trumer" or a Trump supporter to read the golden shower bull# and call it out for what it was, but if you do, you are a "trumpster" or some other dumb# term. Having names thrown at you time and again, from people who from their very words, are "anti-trumpettes" gets old and a bit annoying. Watching the left show their inner two year old has been a very sad thing to watch. temper tantrums, crying, flailing, none of that will make Trump go away. And if the boneheads who are so damn afraid of what he might do or say, would STFU for a few minutes, he would likely do or say something stupid, but he doesn't have much of a chance with all the lies and projecting going on.

If you are unhappy, be sure you show up at the polls in 2020. But my advise would be find a decent candidate to run, When your side gets beat by "The Donald", well, you really didn't have a very strong team to start with.

as long as there are no derogatories in it, trumpster or 4-ever trumper is just a name...I wouldnt mind if anyone called me an obamite or obamineer.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well you are basically refusing to believe that Trump supporters are being hypocritical because you dont like the use of the word.

you tell me.

I never said Trump supporters aren't being hypocritical. I said that your examples aren't examples of hypocrisy. Based on your evidence, your accusation is false.
edit on 5-7-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

you tell me.

I never said Trump supporters aren't being hypocritical. I said that you're examples aren't examples of hypocrisy. Based on your evidence, your accusation is false.

so you agree, trump supporters can by hypocritical!! ??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join