It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of Trump Supporters.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The hypocrisy of Trump and his supporters is the biggest reason in my view why political debate has become so heated. Granted there has and will always be some degree of political hypocrisy from everywhere in the political spectrum. Since the start of the 2016 election campaign however this has reached new heights. Now it is only one small part of the problem, its only one of the reasons that I think political debate has become some heated and in this thread I want to discuss this further in the hope this might lead to more civilised discussion.

This hypocrisy manifests itself now on just about every online debate on Trump and his actions and policies. There are examples of this everywhere, prime example, just days before the election Comey then FBI Director, publically announced reopening the investigation into Hilary Clinton, he was praised and Trump used it to boost his campaign. Yet now all of a sudden Comey is the bad guy in the eyes of Trump and his supporters mostly because of his handling of the Russian investigation (although the exact reasons don’t seem so clear. This is just one example of the hypocrisy that is now the signature of Trumps time in office a few months ago Comey is doing a “good job” a few months later he is fired and flamed by the alt-right press.

Trumps time in office is littered with such hypocrisy; during the election many Trump supporters and Trump himself cast doubts over Clinton’s health, yet those same supporters refuse to acknowledge the possibility of Trump having dementia. During Obamas time in office, if you called for Obama’s impeachment you were a patriot, now if you call for Trumps impeachment you are a traitor. Trump and his supporters tried to paint Obama as being Kenyan born, yet they have no problem with Trumps wife not being American nor do they seem to care much for the possibility that Trump’s administration may have been compromised by the Russians.

And that really is the biggest hypocrisy in my view. If in 2009 there was as much investigation and allegations of Russian collusion and interference in the Trump campaign and government then those who support Trump today would have been calling for Obama to be executed for treason. They may deny it but let’s face it, if the kind of investigations going on in the Capitol today were going on back in 2009 then these threads would be looking very different.

It’s not just the hypocrisy however, it’s the excuses and deflections. The question is always asked by Trump supporters “would Hillary have been better?” Its such a flawed question for so many reasons. Firstly it assumes that the individual who the question is directed at is a Hilary supporter, there seems to be this strange idea that anti-Trump = pro-Hillary when nothing could be further from the truth. Secondally the question is also entirely hypothetical, nobody can say if Hilary or anyone else would have done a better job because she is not POTUS, Trump is. It does not matter if Hilary would have done a better job or not, all that matters now is the quality of work Trump is doing, the time for asking the question if she would have done a better job or not was during the election.

There is another hypocrisy that Trump supporters are guilty of, and that is making excuses for Trumps outrageous behaviour. Trump actually said that it was ok to grab a woman by the genitals and rather than denounce this, Trump and his supporters make excuses. Trump might call a war hero a coward for getting captured, he might make sexist tweets, he might even make false accusations such as Obama and GCHQ “tapping” his phones and his supporters make excuses for it. It is very difficult to have a meaningful debate with an individual who refuses to acknowledge why these things are wrong.

Finally, the other hypocrisy that takes away from the validity of the Trump supporters that has kind of been touched on throughout this thread is that of challenging hypocrisy with hypocrisy. You can be guaranteed that there will be more than a few Trump supporters who will respond to this thread by making the accusation that the left is just as hypocritical if not more so than them. There are a few problems with this, firstly it assumes that it’s somehow ok to be a hypocrite if the other side is also a hypocrite. Secondly a lot of the time it is not true. I am a leftist, but I am universally critical of politician’s, I might have “supported” Obama but I was also critical of him where I saw fit. The same I think is true of lots of others with a left leaning ideology in my experience.

Anyway just a few thoughts.

It is very difficult to have a meaningful debate on topics in my view with this much hypocrisy, it is very difficult to take a Trump supporters argument that Comey deserved to be fired yet he was a hero when he announced reopening the Hilary investigation. This hypocrisy undermines your arguments and views.

Please stop the hypocrisy, Trump is human he is flawed, you better start accepting it.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
And that really is the biggest hypocrisy in my view. If in 2009 there was as much investigation and allegations of Russian collusion and interference in the Trump campaign and government then those who support Trump today would have been calling for Obama to be executed for treason.

This is your assumption. It may or may not hold water.

Please stop the hypocrisy, Trump is human he is flawed, you better start accepting it.

No one is perfect. Trump doesn't get much done because of Democrat obstruction. Trump's today is the next Democrat president's future. GOP will remember this and won't let the next Democrat president do anything just like GOP didn't let Bill Clinton do anything.

edit on 5-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

And that really is the biggest hypocrisy in my view. If in 2009 there was as much investigation and allegations of Russian collusion and interference in the Trump campaign and government then those who support Trump today would have been calling for Obama to be executed for treason.

This is your assumption. It may or may not hold water.

I am not saying that it holds water.

I am saying that if a similar situation were to have faced the Obama administration then those who are now supporting Trump would have been calling for Obama's impeachment, its a hypocrisy.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

A lot of racist whites don't accept having a non white person in the White House. Don't give me the crap Tea party protested Obama solely because of policy.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

A lot of racist whites don't accept having a non white person in the White House. Don't give me the crap Tea party protested Obama solely because of policy.

I never said this had anything to do with race only that a lot of Trump supporters and Trump himself refused to believe that Obama was even American. I actually never mentioned race, you did, might say more about you than me......

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

They said Obama was not born in America because they are racists, white supremacists basically. Trump included. Trump is German. Germans are hella racist.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Germans are hella racist.

Irony.

Now please stop trying to hijack my thread making it a race issue its not, the issue at hand is the hypocrisy of Trump supporters.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Trump has many flaws, a major one is speaking before he thinks.
But I voted for trump for two reasons.
One, hillary was his opponent and had way to many issues for me to list.
Two, trump had the best chance in my mind to straighten out the economy.

Trump or Clinton
Those were the only two choices we had for president that stood any chance of winning.

The hypocrisy to me is not giving him a chance to fill his campaign promises before calling him a failure. I lost count of the times Obama blamed the previous administration. Trump apparently doesn't get that luxury.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The hypocrisy to me is not giving him a chance to fill his campaign promises before calling him a failure

Explain?

how is it hypocritical to call trump a failure? you could argue its incorrect or premature but hypocritical....?

link   

Didn't Comey literally just say he had a bad gut feeling about Trump or some nonsense? He could have eaten a bad burrito and had the same effect... Comey proved to be ridiculous on his own terms, not based on Trumps judgment of him...

Being ATS, a conspiracy site - Haven't we dived into at least some proofs that the Clintons and Obamas are actually the ones with ties to Russia instead? ... And we've also seen no proof Trump ever had ties in the first place - See top rated threads lately of CNN admitting this was a witch hunt.

His "Behavior" is something that is only bothering pansy-people. Us tougher-skinned people don't give a flying F*** if he's a bit callous and rough on the edges, if he's effective.

Isn't there some proof that he was being tapped and such during the election?

For the record, I don't care about Trump. President or Impeached, doesn't really bother me.

What bothers me is people getting their heads up their ass about so many things. People on both sides need to just chill and realize that progress for this country could happen if we would unify, rather than keep fighting.
edit on 5-7-2017 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

link   
Gee!, and I thought it was because of the DNC & Lamestream media corruption and the Libtards Butthurt.....

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

No one is perfect. Trump doesn't get much done because of Democrat obstruction. Trump's today is the next Democrat president's future. GOP will remember this and won't let the next Democrat president do anything just like GOP didn't let Bill Clinton do anything.

Okay, so, the republicans have the majority in both houses and could easily do whatever they want; how is that democrat obstructionism?

The GOP obstructed Obama for 6 of his 8 years, even if the democrats were purely at fault for trumps failures, why should the GOP remember and continue the obstruction - this partisan mindset is the very thing wrong with America, and anyone who acts this way, no matter the side needs to grow the # up.

I watched this happen with the birth of the Tea Party, people seem to think it was always just the rampantly religious right and wing-nut conservatives but it wasn't. Stop redefining history just to assuage your egos, and back your horses.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Isn't there some proof that he was being tapped and such during the election?

There was nothing, every US intelligence agency came out and said they had not evidence such a operation took place, Trump then blamed GCHQ and later backtracked on this. He basically lied, now when Hilary lied, which as we know she rather enjoyed doing, she was flamed by Trump supporters for it, yet when Trump does it, somehow its ok?

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Jesus Christ...where do I start?

#1 - What does it matter where Trump's wife was born?.....she wasn't elected, he was.
#2 - The question of whether Hillary would have been better was asked AND answered during the election....she lost, right answer.
#3 - Questions about Hillary's health were valid....coughing fits every time she opened her mouth....dragged into a van like a side of beef. Where is the evidence of dementia with Trump?
#4 - The Leftists denounced Comey on several occasions also. A president does not need a reason to fire a FBI director.
#5 - How long can you keep pounding a dead horse? With you Leftists, it appears like it could be forever.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

in this thread I want to discuss this further in the hope this might lead to more civilised discussion.

You're looking for civil discussion in the Political Mud Pit forum?

I'll have to think of a word for that.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I don't like when anyone lies - But every president and most politicians... for years, and years have lied. It's become the new normal.

Hillary lied ... too many times to count over the last 10000 years she's been alive.
Obama lied a lot, too.
Trump, sure, liar, probably.
Bush? Yup.
Sanders even lied when he pretended he was going to fight to the end, rather than endorse the type of person his campaign was literally about fighting against....

"Liar" is too broad and general of a term. Whether it's broken promises, lying under oath like the Clintons, or overall just spreading shi* around, everyone does it.

Do I like it or accept it? Not really.

Literally no one we could have elected would be any different in this regard, though.

link   
1st rate thinking is quite easy:

If it fits their agenda...its good. (doesnt matter who or what it is)

If it doesnt...its bad. (doesnt matter who or what it is)

If they are called out for being hypocrites...we are deflecting

If it is factual, but doesnt fit their agenda...its fake news

If it is rubbish...yet fits their agenda...its true.

link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

The hypocrisy to me is not giving him a chance to fill his campaign promises before calling him a failure

Explain?

how is it hypocritical to call trump a failure? you could argue its incorrect or premature but hypocritical....?

Obama was given years to blame bush "some rivhtly so" for the problems of the country. Trump has not been given the same grace and that is hypocrisy.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hypocrisy is demanding the the election results be accepted but then doing anything but that when the results didn't go your way.

Hypocrisy is crying that Trump may have had something to do with the Russians when your side did have something to do with the Russians.

It is hypocritical to complain about someone else's hypocrisy when there are as many, or more, examples from your own side.

In other words, you have no leg to stand on.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I think a phrase would be a little better

Maybe something like

"Shoveling shi* off the floor to clean it up, and discarding it into the fan"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join