It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor teaches students about ‘the problem that is whiteness"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Is this instructor American or has he immigrated to the states. Just asking because most of the time their home countries contribute money to the University to spread and teach their Idea's. Which can be biased.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Hell will freeze over before for I say I'm ashamed to be white. Where's the course devoted to Blackness, or redness, or yellowness....It's just a bunch of Bullshot.

That isn't the purpose of the class:

Sealey said it’s helpful for her students to see that their time in the classroom isn’t about existential conversion or evaluation of one’s character, but rather “the goal is to understand the role of the white gaze in the confiscation of the black body.”

the goal is to understand the role of the white gaze in the confiscation of the black body

Does not sound like an informative class------confiscation of black body-------???

link   
Time to burn down the whole system and start over? I think that's the underlying goal.

Did this black 'associate' professor earn their degree? Probably not. It was likely awarded as a gesture of Political Correctness. However, if one person has achieved its possession ... not a damn one of them is worth the lambskin they're printed on.

link   
Sealey....a scholar of advanced stupidity and a racist.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So basically this professor isn't teaching anything. Just ripping off gullible kids/parents to listen to this professor spew their bias opinion. I hope the college gives refunds to students that disagree with the class, because I'd be asking for one. This is also a perfect example of why so many of our younger generation become swamped in debt with no useful way of digging themselves out of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My mission statement would be equally full of crap and self serving caveats.

I would just add: we also reserve the right to change our stated goal according to scorn or praise recieved

If you like us, then we are rebel wild cat radicals seeding the next generation of resistance warriors.

If not we are humble lowly educators trying our best to bridge the divide and end racism. Dont be a jerk and resist us, thats what nazis do.

edit on 7 5 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Hell will freeze over before for I say I'm ashamed to be white. Where's the course devoted to Blackness, or redness, or yellowness....It's just a bunch of Bullshot.

Sealey said it’s helpful for her students to see that their time in the classroom isn’t about existential conversion or evaluation of one’s character, but rather “the goal is to understand the role of the white gaze in the confiscation of the black body.”

the goal is to understand the role of the white gaze in the confiscation of the black body

Does not sound like an informative class------confiscation of black body-------???

Sounds like you don't understand the meaning of that phrase to me. That isn't very insidious at all. That's just a verbose way of saying "help white people gain perspective on how the black population is mistreated by society".

link   
a reply to: seasonal

"Teach" whatever you like.

The domination of the world by Whites isnt an agenda or an accident.

Its a byproduct of their natural genetic abilities.

Whatever they put on the quiz at college will have no effect on that.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Looks like a class to get people to consider things from a racial perspective other than their own. What's the problem? People could use more perspective. Especially in regards to races other than their own.

Let's start courses on the problem that is blackness and get them to see the world from the white perspective. Good, right?

That isn't what this course is doing. This course is trying to show white kids the struggles of being viewed as a black person in our white dominated society. It isn't trying to make you feel bad about who you are, only give you perspective and show that things aren't as simple as we'd like to believe they are.

Yeah my life as a white person is so much easier oh wait it's definitely not. Seems like i clearly missed getting my white priviliges when i was born. Their inferiority complex is getting ridicilous. Obama really did a number on you. Try living as a east german in the 90's. People will attack you for all sorts of ridicilous reasons. Btw racism goes always both ways too.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm very proud of the innate superiority that comes with being who and what I am.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I was not taught to be racist and I love people of all race and gender, but in the last year or so, I realize that I am beginning to resent these people. Im sick of being accused of being racist when I clearly am not. Im sick of the attack on our police, our govt, our entire way of life.

Yes our country was paid for on the backs of slaves, and at the expense of the indigenous population. But, if we take a look at History we will see that that is just the way it happens.

So, I think these idiots are actually creating racism. I know they are making me reevaluate my whiteness and trust for the motivations of people of color and what they really want from their fellow citizens. They are the ones drawing the line in the sand, and expecting the world to treat them special.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
SMH

People FREAKING out...

IDEA

...learn to deal with your white fragility instead of projecting your FEAR as HATE.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Looks like a class to get people to consider things from a racial perspective other than their own. What's the problem? People could use more perspective. Especially in regards to races other than their own.

Let's start courses on the problem that is blackness and get them to see the world from the white perspective. Good, right?

That isn't what this course is doing. This course is trying to show white kids the struggles of being viewed as a black person in our white dominated society. It isn't trying to make you feel bad about who you are, only give you perspective and show that things aren't as simple as we'd like to believe they are.

Yeah my life as a white person is so much eassier oh wait it's definitely not. Seems like i clearly missed getting my white priviliges when i was born. Their inferiority complex is getting ridicilous. Obama really did a number on you. Try living as a east german in the 90's. People will attack you for all sorts of ridicilous reasons. Btw racism goes always both ways too.

Recognizing the struggles of a different race or admitting that another race or group of people have it worse than you doesn't magically mean that your own personal struggles aren't real.

The only ones using the word racism here are you guys. The class isn't calling white people racist.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
If my child went there I would be asking how this course would help my child in the working world?

I guess what I mean is how is this course teaching anything like math, science, history, biology, etc??
Should this course be listed on a resume? Will if give my child a leg up on getting a job??

What value does this course have for the youth of AMerica?

link   
Could some-one please enlighten me here. This is at a university, that in my area of knowledge is a higher school where you go to learn and gain a degree in a profession that you intend to work in. All other lessons out of that parameter is just padding and money for old rope.
Now tell me just what courses are these students on that requires them to attend these "lectures". If it's not in their purview for their degree then it's pure indoctrination.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I always love how these psuedo intellectuals try to sound all intelligent using big words and bullsh* phrases. She sounds like she is impersonating that Eric Dyson. WTF does this mean... "understand the role of the white gaze in the confiscation of the black body."?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Then IGNORE them.

BAM. DONE.

People make snap judgements about ME because I'm white.

I don't care and ignore them. Let those people LEARN they're WRONG in the end on their own. What OTHER people say about YOU is their opinion. Opinions aren't FACTS.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Could some-one please enlighten me here. This is at a university, that in my area of knowledge is a higher school where you go to learn and gain a degree in a profession that you intend to work in. All other lessons out of that parameter is just padding and money for old rope.
Now tell me just what courses are these students on that requires them to attend these "lectures". If it's not in their purview for their degree then it's pure indoctrination.

Believe it or not some people take classes in college for the sole reason to broaden their horizons. Shocking. I know.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You would think blacks would be tired of being told they are not smart enough to compete with whites.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I always love how these psuedo intellectuals try to sound all intelligent using big words and bullsh* phrases. She sounds like she is impersonating that Eric Dyson. WTF does this mean... "understand the role of the white gaze in the confiscation of the black body."?

I'd say it means this: "help white people gain perspective on how the black population is mistreated by society", but you could always take the class and find out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join