It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why do Children attract Spirits?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Xianb

Children have endless imagination, that some adults feed off of.

You must have missed the fact that I said she couldn't talk. So that means 0 imagination for me to feed off of.

Adults have imaginations too.

And then you continue to ignore the fact that I saw her Eyes were Locking onto the same thing my Eyes were locking on to and tracking before it disappeared.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
well not all children do i am sure. i saw a light orb when i was in my preteens i think, it was red and lasted a few seconds before disappearing. haven't seen any since nor before then. but i guess some children are just gifted. as others have said it may also have to do with them being more open to these things and not so stressed out by life as adults are.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am very sceptical of ghosts, but very open to unseen planes of existence.

One definite spooky event I witnessed, as a 12ish year old, sat on my own upstairs, the door to his bedroom wasn't hung properly, needed planing off at the bottom an inch or so, it really dragged on the carpet and was hard to swing, at I was sat there gaming I think, and bang it just swung open,

It really scared me, I ran down stairs shook up, no draughts, not that that would do it, no windows open, no pets , very loud and creaky stairs so would hear anyone up or down, and I flew straight down them, as much as I don't like to believe it, something not "normal" did that.

And sometimes I feel them watching.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Or you are projecting your imagination/delusion on to a child as personal validation.

Maybe?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I seen some poltergeist stuff as a kid in the day time. This wasn't an active imagination or just waking up experience. Other than some rye mold mysterious being around and i was hallucinating, it happened. White noise still freaks me out if it's on long.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I could go on and pose the question could our imagination and creativity be a door so to speak to other worlds?

Our soul spirit whatever, the real us is right there, I mean here I mean you I mean can you imagine?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Or you are projecting your imagination/delusion on to a child as personal validation.

Maybe?
This right here. Putting garbage and lies into childrens minds is the worst kind of abuse. Adults believing this stuff is one thing. When will enough people let this nonsense go so we don't have to explain the difference between imagination and reality?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Maybe?
This right here. Putting garbage and lies into childrens minds is the worst kind of abuse. Adults believing this stuff is one thing. When will enough people let this nonsense go so we don't have to explain the difference between imagination and reality?

Anyone who says an imagination is abuse cannot be trusted. A healthy imagination is extremely important when young and can be maintained well into adulthood. It opens and bends the mind to think great things.

Anything less resorts to sheeple zombies.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Maybe?

At what point does one draw the line between imagination and reality? How is it that one can be sure that such a clear cut dichotomy exists? How can one parse through what is "real" and what is "unreal" when it is sometimes nearly impossible or impossible to distinguish between "normal" perception and a hallucination, "normal" memories and implanted memories, or even dreams and reality?

I believe that there are many instances where "garbage and lies" are spouted, although when it pertains to another beings' sense of perception, who am I to determine what is "real" and what is not for that being?

I think that just because an observation yields content that is outside the realm of "normal experience" does not mean it should be instantly disregarded, for believing 100% that something did not occur is as dangerous and believing 100% that it did.

I am saying that at this point in the evolution of our species, we gain knowledge through experience and the devising and testing of models that adequately explain the current paradigm of the belief of our past experiences. The only way to acquire new knowledge and shift the paradigm is through experiencing a "new" or otherwise "unexplainable" event that fits not into the current paradigm of explanation and devising a new paradigm of thinking that allows that previously contradictory piece of the puzzle to fit in with all the other pieces we have already assembled.

If it cannot fit, then we need to analyze our previous pieces, for maybe they ostensibly fit together but upon closer inspection they actually do not. Of course, perhaps the contradictory piece we have gathered is not a piece of the puzzle at all, and is an entirely separate framework of yet another, larger framework, ad infinitum. Or maybe it isn't any of these options. The only possible way to understand is through intense study, and even then one may never find out.

I do not claim to know what this individual has seen, and sometimes I do not even know myself what I have seen. All I know is that it would be foolish to instantly dismiss new, seemingly contradictory information under the false pretenses that the current paradigm of thinking already explains everything, as it clearly does not.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

can you imagine?

I don't think I can do anything else other than imagine.

everything stems from thereon.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

When will enough people let this nonsense go so we don't have to explain the difference between imagination and reality?

when Imagination is fully understood and can be replicated in a lab.

When the reasons for why we dream are know.

Its imagination that has given us all we have.

To say reality and imagination are separate is denying the reality of imagination and whats its capable of.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Teaching kids that ghosts and gods are real isn't the same thing as cultivating a healthy imagination.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

How do you know ghosts arent real?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: intrptr

can you imagine?

I don't think I can do anything else other than imagine.

everything stems from thereon.

Unless physical phenomenon and multi witness intercede on our imagination.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think as we get older the door just closes for us to experience it.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

When will enough people let this nonsense go so we don't have to explain the difference between imagination and reality?

when Imagination is fully understood and can be replicated in a lab.

When the reasons for why we dream are know.

Its imagination that has given us all we have.

To say reality and imagination are separate is denying the reality of imagination and whats its capable of.

So in your opinion, imagination and reality are the same thing?

Wait, wait. We understand imagination pretty well and i can replicate it anywhere. Lab or not.
edit on 6-7-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

just where does that burden of proof belong?

Because the source stories are made by people who are superstitious. Non superstitious people don't tell ghost stories. Belief in the supernatural comes with a slew of easily debunked claims. Most of them are contradictory in and of themselves.

Why is no one haunted by the billions of dead dinosaurs?
edit on 6-7-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

just where does that burden of proof belong?

Because the source stories are made by people who are superstitious. Non superstitious people don't tell ghost stories. Belief in the supernatural comes with a slew of easily debunked claims. Most of them are contradictory in and of themselves.

Why is no one haunted by the billions of dead dinosaurs?

this sounds very ignorant

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

a reply to: Xianb

I was a kid once. I never saw any spirits. I know lots of people, who used to be kids, and never saw ghosts. Maybe you are super special and have abilities beyond any other human alive or has ever existed. Perhaps you are the most important and special person ever.

Is this necessary. To calm your ego perhaps?

If you can't open your mind to possibilities that you personally haven't experienced then you really shouldn't be on ATS.

There are many things that you and I have not experienced but others report. Both full belief or full dismissal in these cases show ignorance. Deny ignorance.

That goes both ways though. One must also be open to the fact that they are wrong about what they perceive to be "real" or true. Pointing out to another individual that there are other possibilities is indeed "denying ignorance". Openly embracing a concept simply because someone else believes deeply that they experienced something profound that jives with their core convictions based on a preconceived notion is just willful ignorance. Besides, we are all posting openly in a public forum. If we aren't prepared to defend our position then there is t you point of posing in a discussion forum. You know, one meant to foster discussion? That means all sides of the scenario should be explored and not just sitting in a circle singing kumbaya with people that blindly echo our own sentiments.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xianb

Children have endless imagination, that some adults feed off of.

You must have missed the fact that I said she couldn't talk. So that means 0 imagination for me to feed off of.

But if she couldn't communicate to you verbally and confirm that you were both actually tracking something period, let alone the same thing thing (or anything for that matter) then you are making an assumption based entirely on confirmation bias.

Now before you jump down my throat, I'm in no way trying to say that I do or do not believe in ghosts. I live in a 135 year old farmhouse and have experienced things (sights, sounds and even smells) that I can not easily explain away. I've also had experiences that would in some way appear to support or corroborate other events but Could be given a rational explanation. In my case, there were multiple witnesses or separate accounts of similar events by people unaware of my homes history or my own experiences here. And I still wouldn't call that overwhelming proof that ky home is haunted. Your belief, in this specific case at least, is supported by how YOU interpreted this little girls responses and not her own explanation. That's not a terribly scientific or evidence based approach to the problem.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join