It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer killed in new york in unprovoked attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Poor officer, RIP.

The relationship between cop and pedestrian is already off balance and acts like these will only make them more tentative. I hope it doesn't escalate to something much more worse.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

a reply to: RAY1990

Sorry folks, but I tend to not jump to baseless conclusions until facts are presented to make the think otherwise.

@notsure1: It's not that I'm offended, per se, but I just don't understand the need to introduce yourself into such a conversation with the approach that 'she "might" have had it coming'...this is a human being who was murdered. But, to each their own. Have at your opinions, and I will respond with my own.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Interesting. They found and killed the perp just a block away from the scene of the crime.

I wonder why all crimes in NY aren't handled with such efficiency.

Probably because multiple officers aren't on the scene of every crime.

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 5-7-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

edit on 7/5/2017 by fomalhaut because: mistaken identity

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Karma usually has a way of being right, and we reap what we sew.
What seeds of bad karma did she plant? If you know something not stated please tell us.

Seemed like a good family person, and a cop who took the oath serious.

If she had done something crooked, there is a system in place for that. Street justice has little place in our society.

Most of our cops do a good job for what it consists of and the politics often involved. None deserve this.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

. . . entry requirement for an organised group . . .

We even get that here in rural Gloucestershire, UK. It wasn't a cop that was killed, it was a man reputed to be an informer. He was lured to a place where he was killed as part of a job interview, to prove the interviewee could do it.

It backfired in a way I hope the OP will approve. The body wasn't efficiently disposed of. The killer was prosecuted and imprisoned. The spirit of the victim visited the killer in his prison cell, appearing as clear as a living human telling him he had done wrong.

The killer served his sentence and now lectures youth on knife crime.

Maybe off topic but this one's for you, Woodcarver.

RIP to the killed cop and condolences to her loved ones, karmically justified or not.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
With all this talk about karma, it seems to me to be unbelievable. Born into a world with karma debt and eventually enslaved by material debt. I just can't accept that God is a creditor.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Interesting. They found and killed the perp just a block away from the scene of the crime.

because we cant use wild west punishments anymore because the bleeding hearts. When you got convicted of major theft or killing someone they used to hang you. now we put them in jails where they do not even try to change and become worse.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I never jumped to any conclusions, in fact the opposite. I stated it would be difficult to know if or how this woman may have wronged him.

Innitial investigation shows no links, I'll assume that this includes past arrests and LEO's involved in those arrests.

I also stated that murder isn't justifiable, we have the law for that, court rooms too.

I didn't jump to any conclusions. Merely pointed out facts. The us VS them mentality that is known to happen by LEO's and people from rundown areas culminates into sad poignant incidents such as this.

Would you agree that this is a problem in the "hood" and the police force?

Because I've seen it, police brutality and brutality against the police. In fact, I've had personal experience of police aggressiveness without reason... I know my arrest wasn't documented properly either, because their is no evidence of my wounds other than scars.

It's screwed up stuff man hahaha, I still abide by the law though and I'm still respectful, most coppers are... Most.

Apologies for the long post for a simple point.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I never jumped to any conclusions, in fact the opposite.

Ray, I didn't say that you jumped to a conclusion, I specifically pointed out that I/me/personally don't jump to conclusions. I wasn't insinuating that you do. I included you because you employed the logic that just because we don't know something doesn't mean that it isn't a fact. I think the opposite way, hence my comment.

The us VS them mentality that is known to happen by LEO's and people from rundown areas culminates into sad poignant incidents such as this.

Would you agree that this is a problem in the "hood" and the police force?

Sure it is, and often times for good reason, other times, not so much. But there are also many voices of reason in the "hood," both on the side of officers and residents.

It's screwed up stuff man hahaha, I still abide by the law though and I'm still respectful, most coppers are... Most.

Apologies for the long post for a simple point.

Yeah, that's the point: Most officers are decent LEOs and decent human beings, and until I'm shown otherwise, that is my default assumption. I'm not saying that it might not be your default stance as well, just sharing my own approach to the situation.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
A lot of posting on his facebook page today.facebook

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

All right man, cool beans

I guess I was just exploring possibilities, again I'll assume avenues were explored in regards of possible connection, via past cases or elsewhere.

It seems it wasn't personal. That being said, something triggered his actions and I hope whatever that is comes to light. For this woman's family, the NYC community and for peace of mind.

Because such incidents can have people edgy.

Kind regards,

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Karma usually has a way of being right, and we reap what we sew.

You sicken me.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
With all this talk about karma, it seems to me to be unbelievable. Born into a world with karma debt and eventually enslaved by material debt. I just can't accept that God is a creditor.

Just keep mating.

Eventually we'll debase the currency and the bank of God will collapse.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Karma be damned. This was just a clear case of someone being a pos Glad her brother officers offed the perp. a rare bit of justice in a bad world.

RIP Officer Familia.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Karma be damned. This was just a clear case of someone being a pos Glad her brother officers offed the perp. a rare bit of justice in a bad world.

RIP Officer Familia.

Actually... what we call justice isnt nothing but revenge. Needed but we need to actually call it what it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Probably because multiple officers aren't on the scene of every crime.

Just a thought.

Another thought is that the same motivation is not put into solving all crimes.

edit on 5-7-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Well, yes. Best we can manage in this imperfect world though.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: Grambler

I call BS. Using violence against groups that have declared war on you is the only sane move.

The psychpaths have even spread to ats.

Please seek help before you hurt someone and throw away your life.

Killing anyone is wrong for any reason.

There's a lot of folk here calling for a nuclear strike on North Korea. That's just as concerning as someone being insensitive towards the murder of a cop they don't know.

The really concerning thing is how many mass murderers have actually been members here and the number of people that are suckling on violent, divisive bull#.
edit on (7/6/1717 by PistolPete because: added a thought

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join