It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grass Roots Talk of a Preemptive Strike on North Korea is Reaching Critical Levels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Anyway, my intention wasn't to come in here and start a discussion about you, it was merely to point out that your tactic of talking down to people just because you can ( ie, the Muddpitt) does you a disservice.

Then you should have just sent me a PM, if it meant that much to you. No more of this please, as we are going way off topic and derailing the thread.

My intent with this thread was to report what I have been witnessing out there in watching videos and opinions and comments of people that have over 100k subscribers. A canvassing of opinion if you will. And I honestly feel like there is serious grass roots support at this point for a preemptive attack on NK. I feel like that support will grow, because more and more people are seeing no other way out- unless China puts a muzzle on that... idiot.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
It's time to liberate the North Koreans. They are incapable of freeing themselves. For generations they have lived with oppression, slave labor and starvation, and no one does a thing. This is a serious issue, in addition to the threats against the US, Japan and South Korea.

As Trump said: "The era of strategic patience with the North Korean regime has failed"

The entire world has tried patience and negotiation for long enough. It does not work with North Korea.

You guys are unreal.

Take your buds, play some plane tickets, and do it yourself if your bleeding heart can't stand the oppression any longer.

There are starving men, woman, and children in this nation.

But we should go and liberate North Korea because we're the world police force?

LOL. Like I said - unreal.

I've seen many, many comments regarding how we have no obligation to help refugees because it's "none of our business," but when it comes to outright invading, occupying, and liberating a sovereign nation (North Korea, at that) we should - because it's the "right thing to do."

Lolololol the propaganda campaigns have worked very, very well.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I wouldn't myself consider Alaska the "very heart of America". Perhaps I'm wrong.

The US definitely does have options, unfortunately they're all rather terrible. However the worst by far is war, because it means nuclear. I can't envisage a scenario where the US make a preemptive strike (nuclear or otherwise) because of the consequences, especially for South Korea and Japan. Korea will go nuclear, that's pretty much guaranteed. If North Korea strikes first however (wherever it may be), the US will retaliate tenfold, but I can't see either of these scenarios playing out.

It means the end, literally the end of North Korea and the end of Kim’s regime. Why would he force that, when he’s winning posturing war games? Any real war, he loses (though he goes down fighting I’m sure). Currently he’s respected within North Korea and feared worldwide.

I think the US will wait. Of course they will play the games too, fire their own missiles and scream for sanctions, but I think the odds on North Korea striking first, versus the consequences of the US acting preemptively, means the current tension will remain even if it escalates.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Without more sabre rattling from the North and some proof, I don't think a pre-emptive strike is going to work. You'd also need support from China, and from Russia on a lesser level, in order to ensure they don't see it as an act of aggression towards their borders.

China won't allow the US to occupy North Korea. The US won't allow China to do it. South Korea and Japan are really the only two that could do that without much international hublah.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
But I'm much more concerned about Pakistan's arsenal than NK's.

Agreed.Pakistan and India wiping each other out is higher on my list than NK.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
South Korea and Japan are really the only two that could do that without much international hublah.

~Tenth

Interesting.I know that Japan is no longer what they once were,but do you think that China would let them get that close irregardless?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Trump will put mobile nukes all over Japan, let's see how China likes that for increasing economic activity by 40% with N Korea since they lied and told Trump they would crack down on N Korea.
edit on 5-7-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

And so it is, as the public perception is manipulated by way of mainstream media and other propaganda tools. The public is being convinced that a flea has become an elephant charging.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

If you rely on China to deal with North Korea, China is gonna ask for the takeover of Southeast Asian Countries like Vietnam, Philippines, etc. without the US interfering with them.

Unfortunately, China recognizes it has major leverage. Accounting for around 75 percent of North Korean exports — the equivalent of $1.1 trillion to the U.S. economy — China knows that if it tells North Korea to do something, Pyongyang's leaders have a vested interest in listening.

And here's the catch: China also knows that the U.S. government is aware of its prospective influencing power. And from China's perspective, that's an opportunity.

Because nothing is free. In return for altering North Korean behavior, China wants the U.S. to yield to its quest to dominate Southeast Asia. It's a quest with two strategic parts. The first is the Asia Investment and Infrastructure Bank. Offering tens of billions of dollars in grants and loans, the AIIB allows China to buy, bribe, and coerce other states into accepting its economic domination. By crowding out alternate rule-of-law based investments from the U.S., China wins a monopoly of regional political influence.

The second element is military. It involves constructing artificial islands in the South China Sea, and the militarization of those islands so that China can deny vessels transit through those waters. If China can control access to these trade-going waters, it will put immense pressure on states like Vietnam and the Philippines. They will face a choice between kneeling to China's rule or enduring economic depression.

America mustn't play this game.

Were the U.S. to accept Chinese hegemony in return for pressuring North Korea, it would abandon the region to to 1930s-style imperialism. And as with President Barack Obama's Syrian red line, it would show American willingnesss to sacrifice her interests.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

And so it is, as the public perception is manipulated by way of mainstream media and other propaganda tools. The public is being convinced that a flea has become an elephant charging.

it's funny that they watch it on TV , read it in the news paper then come here parroting what they heard and calling anyone who can see through the charade an idiot. These people calling for war are somewhat unhinged.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: chr0naut
The US has done the same with Russia and China and even its allies (like Britain) for years.

Totally false. Fake news. We don't go around threatening anybody with nukes. It's one thing to have them, but it's another to verbally threaten the use of them, over and over, for years. Troll much?

America sails nuclear equipped ships and submarines into our harbours, despite popular protest and despite our government having banned their entry.

America is the only country in our vicinity with nuclear weapons at a deployable distance from us and maintains nuclear equipped military bases on many small Islands in the South Pacific.

Where there is popular and governmental opposition to American occupation, such as the Micronesian Islands, people with local political influence die, quietly, in unusual circumstances.

The Micronesians have signalled that they wish to end the Compact of Free Association with America next year. It was forced upon them in the in the hope that America would assist in the remediation of the human and ecological damage left in the wake of American nuclear testing and instead of assistance, they got military bases.

America is the most war mongering nation that has ever been on the planet! It goes into other countries, whose culture and technologies are practically stone-age in comparison (Vietnam & Afganistan as examples) and begins killing. List of wars involving the United States From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

America has a gun centric culture and this is evidenced in the worst gun death statistics in the world. It's government is openly carrying out surveillance of it's citizens in contravention of its constitution. It got caught out but now isn't even trying to hide it or stop it.
Face it, America are the baddies.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

China will want additional stuff, we will want additional stuff, but it's a negotiation.

The proposal is we will keep buying your goods only if you stop buying, or selling goods to/from North Korea. But we want the South China Sea! Sorry, you heard the deal.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A preemptive strike may very well be what is needed.

Oh, they are large and scary...
They are the ninth nuclear power in the worls...
china this and wants that, yada yada...

Enforcement can and will happen, when it does, we'll see then.

The ccp want something for N.Korea, but it won't happen because that would infringe on S.Koreas ability to unite itself. The ccp will side with N.Korea while obviously the US will align with S.Korea, known facts.

Now, will they risk business, capital and their manufacturing bases? All of which are located portside? Easy pickings if you ask me. Without a serious projection force, they will rely on Anti air and ground troops, their best assets. It will be expensive ans bloody, with the Western Powers up top.

So, the ccp will be better off managing the flow and try to beef up its border, maybe even push forward for a last minute landgrab.

The ccp will HAVE to accept the fall of N.Korea, which sets into a new agenda, buy/coerce and/or influence S.Korea by any means, ala Hong Kong and Vietname. Play dirty and buy them out economically, by doing so, they get a united koreas, ccp influence, of which it'll be a matter of time before corrupt diplomacy seeks the removal of all US Presence.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I've not heard that at all.

Some, yeah, but nothing like a growing crescendo. That time may, or may not, come, and I'd just as soon it not.

Unless we see incontrovertible evidence that the midget is about to launch a missile that, indeed, is carrying a nuclear payload...we need to be a bit more circumspect in our dealings with the midget.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Reply to - chr0naut

You do realize, or maybe you don't....that without dropping the 2 bombs on Japan, WW2 probably would have lasted a few more years with another million or more casualties on both sides.
Japan needed to be dealt a devastating and demoralizing blow to curb the fanaticism the Japanese had.
Even after dropping the bombs, there were still senior Japanese military officers that wanted to continue the war and tried to stage a coup of the Emperor.
Their mantra was "fight to the death", even if that meant the entire Japanese population would die.
The USA didn't start WW2, but the USA finished it.
The fanaticism of NK reminiscent of that and the entire world should be on alert with Kim's nonsense.

With the taking of the Islands of Okinawa and Iwo Jima, which Japan considered its mainlands, and the Russian invasion of Manchuria, the Japanese had realized that they had lost the war. Some within Japan's military have suggested that this was obvious as early as 1944, with the taking of the Mariana Islands, putting Japan within B-52 bombing distance.

It is a matter of record that on June 22 the Emperor Hirohito suggested to his cabinet that surrender be officially considered.

On the 6th of July 1945, the Potsdam Declaration said that if Japan did not surrender then it would "face prompt and utter destruction" by the allies. The declaration also defined the terms of unconditional surrender.

On 21st July, Japanese Foreign Minister Togo relayed to the allies that an unconditional surrender was unacceptable but wished to explore the possibility of a conditional surrender where the Emperor would remain as head of Japanese government (and, by implication, the Japanese Imperial government structure would also be retained).

On August 6, the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, which was a mostly a civilian population centre. It head-quartered the 2nd Army, but had little military manufacturing or military infrastructure. The same day, the Japanese Foreign Minister and Prime Minister relayed that the war should not continue because surrender was in process.

On August 9, the second bomb was dropped on Nagasaki, which was a military target being a large port with significant industry.

The same day (August 9), Russian troops invaded and made significant inroads into Manchuria. The majority of historians suggest that this invasion had far more impact upon Japan's surrender than the atomic bombings did.

Japan didn't offer to surrender to the allies until six days later on August 15.

The Soviets, who were not part of the Potsdam agreement, continued assaults into Manchuria until August 20.

The signing of the surrender, accepting the Potsdam terms, wasn't until September 2nd and was conditional with the Emperor remaining (as was previously suggested in the surrender negotiations).

What is clear is that Japan was defeated and was in the process of negotiating surrender before the Hiroshima bomb and that the war was not ended immediately just because of the bombs (it went on for a couple of weeks, after).

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: chr0naut

Why would he need a tissue after pointing out that America is the bully in this whole mess?

You must be confused.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
I see it everywhere around the internet. On youtube political talk videos, articles, and more. Even people usually opposed to any kind of war are rationalizing this and coming up with the same answer- that there is no way in hell we can let someone who keeps threatening us over and over, for years on end, continue along this path unopposed.

Trump just called for emergency, closed door UNSC meetings for a "measured response" to the crisis:

President Donald Trump called an emergency meeting on the Fourth of July to formulate a 'measured response' to North Korea's first intercontinental ballistic missile test, amid fears it could reach as far as Alaska.

North Korea declared Tuesday that it had finally achieved its dream of building an intercontinental ballistic missile, saying it would 'fundamentally put an end to the US nuclear war threat and blackmail'.

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson later confirmed the latest missile test was with an intercontinental ballistic missile.

And Tillerson says that’s a new escalation of the threat posed to the United States and the world by North Korea.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

That's what's happening on the diplomatic front, but I'm here to discuss what people are talking about on the web. And more and more I am hearing the same. Some very smart political analysts (not the kind you find on CNN) are all arriving at the same conclusion. I even find myself wondering if there is no other way out. If China won't put a nuclear muzzle on that little cluster****, then we are going to have no choice. China must either act now, or forever hold its peace when we obliterate his military. And collateral damage be damned. A lot of people are going to die.

But a lot more are going to die, and potentially in the very heart of America, if this nonsense is not stopped. There comes a very serious responsibility with owning nuclear weapons. And little Kim just doesn't seem to get that. Maybe he has no idea of the power of the US and its allies. He must NOT. Or why else would he dare such insane rhetoric?

How many more years are we supposed to put up with this? And how much more are we supposed to let this most vile of enemies advance technologically and put ourselves in a position of having a major city or two wiped out?

He is forcing the issue with his own rhetoric. Military planners cannot, and must not, EVER allow that to happen. Because little Kim is too much of a hot head whiny boy. Just the kind of person that should be nowhere near the power he currently has. I seriously believe he'd gladly sacrifice himself and his entire country just to be able to go to hell saying "Look what I did to America, haha."

It's one thing when your neighbor says, "I'm going to burn your house down" in a fit of rage.

But it's a whole other matter when he says that for years, and then starts piling kerosene cans one day outside on his lawn, looking at you with an evil eye.

I mean seriously. The time for talk is over. You just have to do something. And especially when calling the cops, or calling China, doesn't help one bit.

The US can't just obliterate N Korea. They couldn't do it in the 50's just like they couldn't obliterate N Vietnam.

The US wont use nuclear weapons casue that's INSANE.

And a conventional war, well they couldn't beat them in the 50's what makes you think they could do any better today

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Its the US that refuses to negotiate.

Amazing Americans were succors for the lies in the Iraq war are again being succored into war fever

The US has beat the weak ass Arabs but HAS FAIRED VERY BADLY AGAINST ASIANS.

So people better chill out with all thjs war fever OR

You'll be very very sorry

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

And you think we'd gamble on our ability to detect a launch, once we knew for sure he had the delivery systems to reach Anywhere, USA? Surely our military planners are not that stupid. Although after the Iraq/WMD fiasco, one has to wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join