It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grass Roots Talk of a Preemptive Strike on North Korea is Reaching Critical Levels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I see it everywhere around the internet. On youtube political talk videos, articles, and more. Even people usually opposed to any kind of war are rationalizing this and coming up with the same answer- that there is no way in hell we can let someone who keeps threatening us over and over, for years on end, continue along this path unopposed.

Trump just called for emergency, closed door UNSC meetings for a "measured response" to the crisis:

President Donald Trump called an emergency meeting on the Fourth of July to formulate a 'measured response' to North Korea's first intercontinental ballistic missile test, amid fears it could reach as far as Alaska.

North Korea declared Tuesday that it had finally achieved its dream of building an intercontinental ballistic missile, saying it would 'fundamentally put an end to the US nuclear war threat and blackmail'.

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson later confirmed the latest missile test was with an intercontinental ballistic missile.

And Tillerson says that’s a new escalation of the threat posed to the United States and the world by North Korea.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

That's what's happening on the diplomatic front, but I'm here to discuss what people are talking about on the web. And more and more I am hearing the same. Some very smart political analysts (not the kind you find on CNN) are all arriving at the same conclusion. I even find myself wondering if there is no other way out. If China won't put a nuclear muzzle on that little cluster****, then we are going to have no choice. China must either act now, or forever hold its peace when we obliterate his military. And collateral damage be damned. A lot of people are going to die.

But a lot more are going to die, and potentially in the very heart of America, if this nonsense is not stopped. There comes a very serious responsibility with owning nuclear weapons. And little Kim just doesn't seem to get that. Maybe he has no idea of the power of the US and its allies. He must NOT. Or why else would he dare such insane rhetoric?

How many more years are we supposed to put up with this? And how much more are we supposed to let this most vile of enemies advance technologically and put ourselves in a position of having a major city or two wiped out?

He is forcing the issue with his own rhetoric. Military planners cannot, and must not, EVER allow that to happen. Because little Kim is too much of a hot head whiny boy. Just the kind of person that should be nowhere near the power he currently has. I seriously believe he'd gladly sacrifice himself and his entire country just to be able to go to hell saying "Look what I did to America, haha."

It's one thing when your neighbor says, "I'm going to burn your house down" in a fit of rage.

But it's a whole other matter when he says that for years, and then starts piling kerosene cans one day outside on his lawn, looking at you with an evil eye.

I mean seriously. The time for talk is over. You just have to do something. And especially when calling the cops, or calling China, doesn't help one bit.

edit on Wed Jul 5th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

The nuclear "threat posed to the US" is a tiny fraction of the nuclear threat that the US has posed to the rest of the world for decades.

Going on 'use of nukes against actual people', it's US 2 , the rest of the world 0.

(Actually it's more than two if you count the nuke testing that just happened to irradiate islanders and fishermen of other nations - repeatedly).

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I agree completely, but things could be worse. Could be trapped on a mountain top with fire balls raining down. lol

I think China will come around. Her economy would be destroyed if the US wasn't purchasing her goods for any reason.

edit on 5-7-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
For a long time now, NK has blustered and bluffed, to get aid for the country. Oil, food, medicines, etc. Now, Lil Kim is upping the game. The threat of actually targeting the US with a nuclear weapon is insane on his part. He has started believing his own propaganda, that he can wipe us out and walk over the bodies to plant the glorious flag of NK in Washington.

The reality is, he's making a lot of very powerful people, very nervous. The kind of people who have the ability to send their own very real nuclear message... "Launch one at us and we'll make your whole country glow in the dark".
I don't want war. With anybody. But Lil Kim has gotta go.

ETA : China will be no help. They intervene of NK part, against sanctions brought by the US. They are also supplying them with tech to develop the nuclear weapons. For China, it's worth the risk to have an ally on their Southern border. I get the distinct feeling that, were we to launch a preemptive strike against NK, China would respond in kind.
edit on 5-7-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That has absolutely no bearing on the current situation, even if that is true. And I am not advocating the use of nukes, either. But we cannot, at all costs, even if it means some American lives, let this nutcase get better delivery systems. He's already threatening Alaska. I guess it's going to take threatening Washington, DC first, huh, before anything is done? No. Hell no. Your smart ass little comment means nothing. Not in context.

But more importantly, let's stick with the story here. And the story is that that's what I am hearing. A preemptive strike is well on its way to having grass roots level support. And little Kim better watch out if the American people get overwhelmingly behind that notion.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

lol, ok, so my book was referenced. Thanks for reading it, if you did.

And funny you should mention it, but I literally just watched a youtube video of a guy with an economics degree stating that if NK gets the ability to deliver to any mainland USA, and particularly California, he will personally lead a campaign to boycott Chinese goods, and the public buying any more of China's goods. But my point is we should never ever even let it get that far. Because we can't take the chance. Not with crazy Kim. No way.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: chr0naut

That has absolutely no bearing on the current situation, even if that is true. And I am not advocating the use of nukes, either. But we cannot, at all costs, even if it means some American lives, let this nutcase get better delivery systems. He's already threatening Alaska. I guess it's going to take threatening Washington, DC first, huh, before anything is done? No. Hell no. Your smart ass little comment means nothing. Not in context.

But more importantly, let's stick with the story here. And the story is that that's what I am hearing. A preemptive strike is well on its way to having grass roots level support. And little Kim better watch out if the American people get overwhelmingly behind that notion.

Threatening is not killing.

The US & NK are both playing brinkmanship games. The US has done the same with Russia and China and even its allies (like Britain) for years. What happened in those instances of threat?

You are suggesting an actual response where very many lives will be lost.

It doesn't matter what accident of birth put them on what continent, they are all people and the vast majority who would die would be non-combatants.

All to assuage your fears?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Thank you for writing it.

A boycott of all Chinese products for a couple of months would send a lovely message to them.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
The US has done the same with Russia and China and even its allies (like Britain) for years.

Totally false. Fake news. We don't go around threatening anybody with nukes. It's one thing to have them, but it's another to verbally threaten the use of them, over and over, for years. Troll much?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Reply to - chr0naut

You do realize, or maybe you don't....that without dropping the 2 bombs on Japan, WW2 probably would have lasted a few more years with another million or more casualties on both sides.
Japan needed to be dealt a devastating and demoralizing blow to curb the fanaticism the Japanese had.
Even after dropping the bombs, there were still senior Japanese military officers that wanted to continue the war and tried to stage a coup of the Emperor.
Their mantra was "fight to the death", even if that meant the entire Japanese population would die.
The USA didn't start WW2, but the USA finished it.
The fanaticism of NK reminiscent of that and the entire world should be on alert with Kim's nonsense.
edit on 5-7-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
double post

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It seems like reading your opening post you would love to believe your own thread title, but thank god there are not actually people that stupid with any kind of authority over the use of nuclear weapons.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's time to liberate the North Koreans. They are incapable of freeing themselves. For generations they have lived with oppression, slave labor and starvation, and no one does a thing. This is a serious issue, in addition to the threats against the US, Japan and South Korea.

As Trump said: "The era of strategic patience with the North Korean regime has failed"

The entire world has tried patience and negotiation for long enough. It does not work with North Korea.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I disagree on your point that NK is worth losing American lives over.

They are not. I have a lot of experience and training when it comes to nuclear weapons, who has what types and their state of delivery and guidance systems.

NK is a joke.

I fully believe NK is being harped up for ulterior purposes. What they are exactly, I don't know. But I'm much more concerned about Pakistan's arsenal than NK's.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Astroturf.

It's the same "weapons of mass destruction" line the military industrial complex always uses when it wants to boost it's bottom line. North Korea tests an ICBM that may be able to reach some remote Aleutian island and it might be capable of carrying a nuclear payload that North Korea doesn't have. So that's justification for spending billions, if not trillions, of dollars that we don't have along with the deaths and maiming of tens of thousands of Americans who have enough patriotic sense of duty to enlist in the military.

Best case scenario is international bankers and arms manufacturers get fat as the government borrows another 20 trillion that taxpayers have to pay back; the best and most courageous young people of another generation are sacrificed while the worst of that generation remain to bolster crime statistics; and in the end we wonder how we were stupid enough to get fooled by the same lies again.

I find it really hard to believe that average Americans are so concerned about North Korea that they are considering another genocidal invasion without being prompted by the US propaganda machine. Even if North Korea had as many nuclear weapons as Israel does, had attacked a US Navy ship like Israel did, committed acts of terrorism against Americans like Israel did, and was trying to genocide and entire group of people like Israel is, I think most Americans would still be focused on problems closer to home.

I think most Americans are more worried that some desperate drug addict will try to break into their house to steal enough for their next fix. Or that their children may be kidnapped and sold to some pimp. Or how they are going to be able to afford an average medical bill. Or how to pay for higher education. Or a thousand other real problems that can and do affect their daily lives.

I believe the people most concerned about North Korea are the ones that will make bank on another protracted military operation, and I believe they are the ones driving this "grass roots" talk of an invasion.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
how many times has being diplomatic with north korea done anything? they have repeatedly thrown every agreement we've had with them in our faces whenever they want money and they keep pushing us.

diplomacy will just keep this cycle going and get us nowhere again, every time we do this it just delays us and helps them further develop nuclear technology, they are clearly aiming for full icbm capability and we cannot allow it, north korea needs to stop underestimating us and blackmailing us with nukes, so what if they have nbc capabilities. we need to show the world that such things do not scare us and won't stop us if you push us too far.
i think it's about time the world needs to be reminded of who shaped nearly every aspect of these past 200 years.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

If I didn't know any better I would say you are itching for a fight .

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So basically when things get tough to manage just blow it up and justify it later? History says every time we've done something like that we've regretted it immensely in the long run. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well the talk I'm hearing is for more of an "extensive decapitation strike," more than anything- weakening them to the point that the South Koreans can move in and reunite the peninsula themselves after that.

All I know is this: We've been threatened repeatedly, for years, by madmen, who keep getting better and better delivery systems. And our leaders had better wake up to the fact that if one day we wake up to hear that a major city has been destroyed by a NK nuke, that there will be no forgiveness. None. Not when we had the chance for so many years to do something about it. The political fallout from that will be too much to bear.

I remember the past, when many swore that they would never allow NK to have nukes. Now NK has nukes. Then they said that they would never allow them to get delivery systems to hit the US. Now they can hit Alaska. So what else are they going to tell us? Come on, give us some more fake news. Right up until you can't give us any more fake news cause you're dead. And after that, you'll try to give us more fake news from your grave.

No. Stop. There is a time to act.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
"Grass roots talk" in this thread's title means "armchair generals wibbling nonsense on the internet."

If international relations were guided by the consensus among internet users, Israel and Palestine would have been an irradiated desert since 1998.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join