It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pig Demonstrates Yet Again That He Is More Equal Than the Rest

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

No reasonable person would say one who didn’t vote for Obama is a racist.

Of course, some didn't vote for him for race reasons just like more people than we think didn’t vote for Hillary because she was a woman, that’s downplayed but no doubt it had something to do with her losing to Obama and Trump. Of course not the main reason.

Keep in mind that Democratic voters didn't vote for Hillary, in 2008, either. Misogyny/Sexism, no doubt, played a role, eh?

Well, I am sure it played some role. But, now many of those that voted for Obama over Hillary decry Trump for being a sexist/misogynist...and racist.

It's all just a really crappy, exploitative bunch of finger-pointing and usually from hypocrites, IMO.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

How about actually citing constitutional violations, not works of fiction?

How many Supreme Court decisions went against Obama? Vs Trump?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Huh?

ETA: I *think* I get what you meant...it's not very clear though.

I keep seeing these statements that racist people voted for Trump, or Trump's victory was a "whitelash" etc...and it makes me wonder why anyone can even suggest such statements since both candidates were white..lol

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well, I think Trump is a bad guy. What turned me against Trump, though, was when he mocked that fellow with that disability.

That to me is unforgivable and demonstrates his character.

Of course, he also blatantly uses racial division, imo, to get votes... We're use to people, both sides, exploiting racial divisions.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Eh, they are all crap, IMO. Some are just groomed to keep the crappiness more private. For whatever reason, Trump's image hinges on being crass.

I don't like him either, but I am also not fooled by an 'apology' when one of the others loses their filter. For example, Obama joking that his bowling is as bad as a Special Olympian.

Behind closed doors, they all think they are better than everyone else. If they are a D or an R...it's a guarantee they suck.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

How about actually citing constitutional violations, not works of fiction?

How many Supreme Court decisions went against Obama? Vs Trump?

It's a little hard to make that comparison in all fairness. We have barely started Trump's presidency and we're comparing against a full eight years of Obama.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

You have a good point.. using " pig" only cloudiest it and makes you look like a partisan hack.

The person with the logical point doesn't need ad hominem attacks, adding logical fallacies to your argument only hurts your argument.

I am just demonstrating my literacy.

Read Animal Farm.

Nobody's impressed

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well, it’s pretty well established that the narcissist thinks that he is so privileged that the laws, rules, regulations and standards that apply to mere mortal men simple do not apply to the narcissist.

lol I thought you were talking about Obama

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

Well, it’s pretty well established that the narcissist thinks that he is so privileged that the laws, rules, regulations and standards that apply to mere mortal men simple do not apply to the narcissist.

lol I thought you were talking about Obama

Double the sentiment.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox
I got the reference right off.

It's not really wise to make the assumption that people on ATS are not well-read enough to make the connection. I think it's pretty safe to say that people on ATS are very well read, very intelligent, and perfectly capable of being reasonable. Are there those that are highly reactionary? Sure. But those are not the majority.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Hence the moderate part lol.. that is the average politician. Obama made some massive blunders.. but was given some crappy decisions to make. Iraq wasn't his fault, but pulling out was..

Which helped lead to isis.

Iraq is weird because we were lied into it and they pretended we were still fighting the people who did 911. Rather than just starting something new.

If you were given that fiasco.. what part of the blame do you deserve afterward??

It's a hard question.. but he didn't have to pull out .. and once you went in I think you were screwed and gonna have to stay.

But reguardless of obamas actions being anti war is the left wing position.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Hence the moderate part lol.. that is the average politician. Obama made some massive blunders.. but was given some crappy decisions to make.

Oh, ha ha ha ha ha! I get it, now. It's "lying, cheating, and stealing" for republicans to hold him accountable...errr..."discredit him" for his "blunders," which are usually just examples of Obama lying, cheating, and stealing.

I knew Obama was a liar back when he claimed to be against the war in Iraq, even though he was really just a community organizer at the time. And once he was a Senator, he actually voted to fund the war in Iraq.

He promised pulling the troops out would be his number one priority, if elected. (But actually, selling his former seat was his number one priority.)

He's so dreamy and charming...*swoon*

Don't worry...I think I can still place my p*ssy hat on my head even with my weak knees!
edit on 7/6/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Your right. Though these politicians are very smooth and silky, personality wise.

Trump and Obama won because they offered some dynamic message, and that usually works. People don't like pedestrian messages in the presidential elections, that's why Bill Clinton beat Bush, Obama beat McCain and Romney, and Trump beat ordinary no-message Hillary.

That's the one good thing about the electorate, though, their prone to the con. In their defense they usually have bad choices. Our hope is that maybe one time an honest person might slip through and win, though that person might end up like JFK.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Our hope is that maybe one time an honest person might slip through and win, though that person might end up like JFK.

True. If they aren't dodging bullets, I probably won't believe they are the real deal.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Kennedy was the real deal even though he had issues with power and womanizing.

Kennedy was going to stop the Vietnam war, make peace with Russia and Cuba, break the CIA and believe it or not, put breaks on the war machine and the oil industry--things where just one of them could get a president shot, and according to some reveal the alien UFO story.

We don’t need a saint just an honest person who isn’t a puppet of the one percent.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You had me at JFK.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

There are plenty of well read people who have never read animal farm...

Seems to me your saying that anyone who hasn't read animal farm isn't well read...

See how easy that was...

I'm pretty sure that is on the logical fallacy list somewhere.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

And I bet it wasn't in the 1950's and 60's Mississippi.

I was not allowed to go to school or church with black people. It took a lot for me to leave my home state and heritage behind and go north in 1968.

If you are not aware of deep south race relations, you are a fraud.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Oh I am aware that some people, like you, were raised to be racist. Yes, the South has a distinct history.

Just because you admittedly were raised to be a racist, and decided that you somehow overcame all of that, it doesn't mean you are in a position to point your finger at other people. Simply "not voting Republican/Trump" isn't enough to declare that you are so far above others, as far as racial harmony goes, that you can borrow from black Americans' experiences to try to win an argument for your political party/side.

And that's exactly what you tried to do .

Honestly, your side has stunted the national conversation on race. It's all about being dishonest, hypocritical, and finding the "gotcha "moments.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I think the subject of race relations makes you uncomfortable . So it's been easier for you to make me the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join