It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pig Demonstrates Yet Again That He Is More Equal Than the Rest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Is that adjusting for population???

Is that adjusting for how many people were unlicensed hunters??

I grew up in Mississippi and very few had actual hunting licenses.. well say about half did..

Everyone hunted and I was kinda weird fir not.. my whole family are avid hunters.. and I mean every season including muzzleloader season..

Now 10% of the people I know are avid hunters maybe.. 10% and almost none of those are from the generations after mine.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Imho hunding is in decline not because of some moral imperative.. just to clarify.

It is simply harder and more expensive to find good hunting grounds..

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So it is a little bit foggy, but it seems like you are maybe trying to say that President Trump is a narcissist.

Well, maybe not too foggy in that you used some variation of the term at least 10 times in the OP.

I would say that it is a fairly safe bet that a very high percentage of highly successful people also have high opinions of themselves...so the question would be, "...and your point is?"

Trump...self-made (largely) billionaire, and now President of the United States..sure. How about Steven Jobs, Mohammad Ali, Ricky Henderson, the Kardassians, Bill Clinton, Barak Obama, George Clooney, Madonna, Mark Cuban, Prince, Mark Zuckerberg, Martha Stewart, Vladimir Putin, Angela Merkel, Bill Nye the Science Guy (ad infinitum)?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Blarneystoner

2 wrongs don't make a right and allowing logical fallacies into the correct argument is stupid and provides fodder to be twisted by those pushing actual propaganda...

Wait... hold up. You said that "throwing it back at them is an act of defiance... a rather human response." Don't you think that's exactly what the OP is doing with the title of this thread? Your POTUS has been spewing hate filled rhetoric from the beginning of his campaign and now you want to whine about the title of the OP? And then you have the effin nerve to say "2 wrongs don't make a right", when I point out to you that your own President is "trite, useless and devoid of intelligent criticism"? Man you sound like an idiot. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not calling you an idiot, you just sound like one.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

First off it maybe human trait, but it is still counter productive as can be...

Take Black lives matter ...

Police not being accountable for their actions and either cops who are jumpy and/or bullies harming civilians is not a black only issue...

That is an issue that should concern everyone.

By selling it as a black only issue you tell 86% of the population (those not African Americans) ..

"This is not an issue that concerns your children. Police shootings and accountabilitu only effect black children. Nothing to see here..."

It is lazy and inaccurate messaging that provides easy fodder for groups like the heritage foundation to twist into opposition propaganda such as "all lives matter" and "blue lives matter."

Allowing logical fallacies in your argument, hurts your sides argument..

At least to anyone who actually has a brain in their heads.

Point 2..

Your potus?!?!

I'm as anti conservative as they come...

I think in most cases the left has the logic the right has logical fallacies and propaganda tactics..

Don't muddy the correct side with garbage ..

The ops point is valid without the "pig" part.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Can't tell what your point is other than wanting to throw ad-homs around.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

First off it maybe human trait, but it is still counter productive as can be...

Take Black lives matter ...

Police not being accountable for their actions and either cops who are jumpy and/or bullies harming civilians is not a black only issue...

That is an issue that should concern everyone.

By selling it as a black only issue you tell 86% of the population (those not African Americans) ..

"This is not an issue that concerns your children. Police shootings and accountabilitu only effect black children. Nothing to see here..."

It is lazy and inaccurate messaging that provides easy fodder for groups like the heritage foundation to twist into opposition propaganda such as "all lives matter" and "blue lives matter."

Allowing logical fallacies in your argument, hurts your sides argument..

At least to anyone who actually has a brain in their heads.

Point 2..

Your potus?!?!

I'm as anti conservative as they come...

I think in most cases the left has the logic the right has logical fallacies and propaganda tactics..

Don't muddy the correct side with garbage ..

The ops point is valid without the "pig" part.

What in the world are you going on about? Your response is just about the most in-comprehensible thing I've read in a long time... and I've been on this site for over 7 years now.

You have missed my point entirely. So, I'll make it again so that even you can understand. Like it or not, your POTUS has set the tone for his Presidency and it is mean-spirited, name-calling, juvenile and foolish. He has made this country the laughing stock of the world. Frankly, I'm ashamed that he sits in the White House.

edit on 5-7-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

You have a good point.. using " pig" only cloudiest it and makes you look like a partisan hack.

The person with the logical point doesn't need ad hominem attacks, adding logical fallacies to your argument only hurts your argument.

I am just demonstrating my literacy.

Read Animal Farm.

Still not sure if it's really fair to call a pig Trump. You do realize that pigs are quite intelligent creatures ....

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

And they will eat you because they are a pig.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I have come to my own conclusion about this last election. It was all about punishing the nation for allowing a black man to make his mark. Hence, repealing everything Obama signed. It was never about policy. Not when they had other decent candidates to choose from.

Wow...you really seem intent on Trump winning a second term...

...because it's racially-exploitative rhetoric, like that, that caused people to want to run far, far away from the Democratic party. Exploiting the plight of black Americans to score partisan political points is repulsively racist. I'm disappointed to find that you are like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I provided an example of allowing logical fallicies into the argument , backfiring.

He is not my president.. I am not a trump fan. I am not a republican. In fact I am constantly called a left wing shill on here.

Reguardless we have 2 options..

Everyone act like a jack @$$ or Let trump be the only one acting like one.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I am private individual who has observed and made my own conclusions. After listening to Nikki Haley today, Trump may be last president.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I am private individual who has observed and made my own conclusions.

Well, yeah...I am sure a lot of racists say that.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I don't get the connection.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Good example of a butthurt liberal posting his thoughts, can't help but resort to name calling and personal attacks.

I hope you never get into power again, we need adults in charge.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BitterRoot

Good example of a butthurt liberal posting his thoughts, can't help but resort to name calling and personal attacks.

Said the guy who used the word "butthurt".... SMMFH... do you not see the irony here?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. I figured Trump would use the presidency to his monetary advantage.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

originally posted by: BitterRoot

Said the guy who used the word "butthurt".... SMMFH... do you not see the irony here?

Difference being, the OP is obviously butthurt whereas Trump is not a pig.
Nothing wrong with stating the truth.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

While I understand your metaphor and allusion to an Orwellian theme, even as I am not a supporter of Trump by any means; in order for your metaphor to make any sense whatsoever, the "pig" would have to be in support of a true communist society in which everyone is equal.

Thus with your failure of metaphor, your title is very misleading at best and simply ad hominem at worst.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I don't get the connection.

"I am private individual who has observed and made my own conclusions."

I am certain that is exactly what most racists say when they stereotype groups of people. I am not sure why you don't get the connection. It can't be made any more clear.

I supported Hillary over Obama in 2008. I got called a racist for that alone.

I left the Democratic party and will never vote for anyone running as a Democrat again.

Keep on exploiting racism to prop up the Democratic party (not because you care about the plight of black Americans)...keep up the finger-pointing and stereotyping...and I am sure you will find it's the Democratic party that will suffer.

And then watch Trump win a second term.

It's racist to walk on the backs of black Americans to try to prove your favorite party is the bestest ever. You aren't fooling anyone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join