It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wanders off again. What is the reason for Trump's confusion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
Let's say he is "hyper focused" as you are suggesting. Just like yourself? Yet, you are able to focus on what you are doing here and put your thoughts to words in a way that I can easily understand - even with English being a second language to me. Much of what Trump says doesn't even make sense to those around him - Twitter being one of the biggest culprits of the confusion. ... Even with your apathy or "hyper concentration" you are still a highly functioning individual, and from personal experience I know you are a very intelligent person whom I have nothing but respect for. I'm sorry, but from where I'm sitting I simply cannot say the same about Trump with a straight face.

bold mine

and this....

The younger Trump sounded intelligent and coherent compared to most of what we see of Trump today...

There is a difference. And we must keep in mind that the effects of aging are not the same for each individual, both physical and mental. A younger senior can appear older than one might expect, just as an older senior can be sprier/more mentally engaged than one a decade+ younger.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Looks like absolutely nothing but out of context Trump hatred. Did you also give the same treatment to Hilary? Or are we just being hypocrites?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
And next on the Libtards agenda: Did trump wander off on purpose because of gas or a leaky depends ?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I will say that perhaps he was a deep thinking in his younger years, but something is not right now. Perhaps it was always there and just now he's in the limelight...i dont know.

Also, millionaires are not automatically smart. He had money to hire smart people to do all the work for him.

edit on 5-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf
What makes Trump wonder off, my guess is some pussy needed to be grabbed and bigly.

Its going to be fun watching this guy get more and more paranoid and delusional during the next 4/8 years, thank heavens for the vast amount of water that seperates us.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

if Hillary had wondered off looking for her car that was literally right in front of her?

OMG, would have been a top story within minutes with trumps chumps staring and flagging in glee. we saw it when she coughed once. lol

remember she had a secret medical care unit set up in "Chelsea's apartment". LOLOLOLOL

edit on 5-7-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

That didn't make it ok then, it's not ok now.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

The guy is 70 years old! (and I'm not defending him but come on Gemwolf)

Age is no excuse if he is mentally unfit then he shouldn't have the job.

Everyone keeps harping on him for acting this way or tweeting that way. CNN mocks him daily, and each political "journalist" finding errs in everything the man says.

Don't blame the news because Trump gets on twitter and acts like a idiot.

How many 70 years olds do you personally know are running the USA?

None how about you? If you think Donnie is running anything the you are clueless on how the government works.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

With that in mind take a look at the video OtherSideOfTheCoin posted.

Yes, it is pretty obvious he is more coherent in the younger clip. However, consider the circumstances surrounding the two speeches. In the younger speech, he was comfortable, in his element (aka in control of his surroundings), talking on a subject he was well-prepared for, to someone he considered an ally. In the older speeches, he is in a new position he is still learning, unable to prepare for 'gotcha' questions that are far too regularly thrown at him, facing someone he considers to be an enemy. That's two totally different circumstances.

I have no doubt his eloquence has waned with the years. I just don't see enough evidence to say he is having cognitive difficulty. If more evidence comes to life, I reserve the right to adjust my opinion.

Perhaps you wanted to say he's trying to put complex language in simple language for the press? Because, what you're saying, we're not seeing. Surely you don't actually believe your argument to be true?

Perhaps I wasn't clear... English is my second language as well... my primary language is Mathematics.

As an example, let's say someone wants a specific type of communication network. I recently spoke with a fellow about a network that would accept inputs from a controller and communicate with a worn apparatus. I considered it a moment and said "Bluetooth." That was the answer. Use a smart phone for the controller and simply include a Bluetooth receiver in the apparatus. He was thinking about incorporating joystick controllers, microprocessors for the data manipulation, layered communication protocols... and it took several times of me saying "Bluetooth" until he finally realized that one concept would cut his production time and cost by a couple orders of magnitude and expand his ability to improve his concept later on with a simple app.

He expected a much more intricate solution, and the best solution didn't match that expectation. I probably repeated "Bluetooth" 50 times before he realized the implications. The solution was so simple he had trouble accepting it.

Let's say he is "hyper focused" as you are suggesting. Just like yourself? Yet, you are able to focus on what you are doing here and put your thoughts to words in a way that I can easily understand - even with English being a second language to me. Much of what Trump says doesn't even make sense to those around him - Twitter being one of the biggest culprits of the confusion.

Firstly, thank you for the compliments, Gem. I definitely return the respect.

Right now, I am completely focused on analyzing Trump's speech. The only other thing going on is the Game Show Network (mindless drivel) on TV. That is my focus. My wife is leaving me be for a little while, because she has learned that no matter how important something is, talking to me about it right now will get a blank stare and probably cause me to do or say something absolutely incomprehensible. It takes a moment to switch focus.

If I had a dime for every time I wrote an absolutely stoopid post for ATS that I wound up deleting because my mind was elsewhere, I could afford to hire Eric Trump to lick my shoes clean. Luckily for me, I am in full control of when I make myself visible to those outside a very small circle of friends/family who at least try to understand. Trump doesn't have that option. If I didn't, chances are I would be confined to a mental institution. Compared to me under certain circumstances, Trump is a golden-tongued genius.

Listen to some of the old ATS Live! Internet radio shows... I would start trying to explain a simple concept, and it would come out closer to "derp, derp, derp"...

I should also mention that I am dealing with a step-father with advanced dementia. Not just watching, but dealing with him closely; I am caretaker for my mother (who has her mind, but is extremely feeble). I have watched the disease progress, and was actually one of the first to raise a red flag about it. Donald Trump, in my experienced opinion, does not show evidence of dementia. Dementia is much, much, much more than confusion... it debilitates and destroys people to an extent I honestly don't think most people can imagine.

I actually consider the existence of dementia as absolute proof there really is a Devil.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

In other news, I heard he tripped once.

How dare he?

Trip? That's paramount to nuking the wrong country.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Im 55 , a few days ago i went to the ATM ( 20 feet ) . Walked back and couldn't unlock the car . Yep wrong car . It happens .

Was it the only car in the parking lot? Did it have a big logo on the side that tells you it's your car?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It would be interesting to note that the videos you mentioned showing Hillary and her litany of ills last summer were some of the propaganda attempts by Russia to sway voters minds in last year's election.

If trump slept at night his performance would probably improve.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Also, millionaires are not automatically smart. He had money to hire smart people to do all the work for him.

True, some very wealthy people are born into money and apparently don't have two functioning neurons to rub together. Others are in the right place at the right time (Bill Gates). But I will disagree that Trump had the money to hire 'smart people' to do all the work for him. A million dollars in New York City is enough to get an appointment with a financial advisor so he can laugh at you.

That said, I'm sure Trump had plenty of good luck and instances of being in the right place at the right time as well. He's not God. He's an egotistical, megalo-maniacal, Yankee tycoon. I have a feeling if I ever met the man face to face, we would despise each other. But I didn't vote for a friend; I voted for someone to do a job and get results. I am not arguing that he's a nice guy; I'm arguing that he's still capable of doing that job.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'd say gas he didn't want to let go in the plane or limo it might set off gas attack alarms. But maybe that's just me when I fly!!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

And vids of her slipping on icy steps or a moment where she's joking with a reporter and her goofy face making became a seizure. What did one trump pundit call it?? Oh yeah Ephasia. She just made up some brain disease and announced that Hillary was a sufferer.
I don't remember her name. A younger dark haired woman who disappeared when Kellyanne Conway came on board. If anyone remembers her.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Trump looks burnt out in some of those videos. He is not forty anymore, he cannot keep burning the candle at both ends. He needs to rest more. Probably not with his wife though, I would never get much rest sleeping with her. Maybe that is why they have separate beds. I would be in hers all the time if my wife looked like that. Poor Trump, he is doomed to be tired all the time.

I hope the wife doesn't read this

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Looks like absolutely nothing but out of context Trump hatred. Did you also give the same treatment to Hilary? Or are we just being hypocrites?

I can't speak for everyone else but yeah, I was pretty critical of Hillary and obama at times.

I am a little fed up of the comparisons, Trump is POTUS, it is him who is now in the limelight. This constant distraction of "what about Hillary" or "what about obama" is getting a little annoying. Start addressing the issues and stop making the "what about Hillary/obama?" Excuse, we are not talking bout them this is about Trump

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

So let's ignore where the guy takes his arm to lead him back to the car and he's all "oh over there ? Ok"...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

He's 71. As of two weeks or so ago.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

My dad was in Vegas two weeks before he passed away last summer. Made his own travel arrangements and hotel reservations. He was 89.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join