It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wanders off again. What is the reason for Trump's confusion?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: markosity1973

did you miss all the Hillary health threads? don't know how you could have, lol.

she dare cough on camera and there were multiple threads on ats that she was close to death. LOLOLOLOL

I think its so funny how one side slams Hilary for coughing and the other side brings up a very valid point with more than 1 clip of evidence and we are splitting hairs.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

the amount of times he says 'very' in a sentence drives me crazy! lol

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

where are all the armchair doctors that diagnosed Hillary with TB and strokes after her "strange" behavior during the campaign?

Trump supporters are the most hypocritical political camp out there, hypocrisy is in everything with them. When Comey announced a reopening of the investigation into Hillarys emails just days before the election he was a hero, when he refused to budge on the Russia issue he was a traitor. If you said let's impeach Obama you were a patriot, if you say impeach Trump you are a traitor. It was wrong when Obama was bombing the Middle East but it's ok for trump to do it. They went mental over the slightest suggestion that Obama might have been born in Kenya, yet they say nothing about Trumps wife not being American or that Trump may have been compromised by the Russians.

I could go on all day, point is that hypocracy like this is just all part of the alt-right tool book. They screamed about who Hillary was physically unfit to be POTUS citing her alleged poor health but ignore all possibility that Trump may also have serious health problems that could compromise his ability to excecute his duties.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I sometimes have thoughts weighing heavily on my mind too and take a longer walk than intended...this is NOT what he is doing.

Maybe you're not as deep into those other thoughts as he is.

It depends on the personality. I have literally walked into walls, into other people, even directly into a display in a store once. I tend to concentrate that hard. It's a good thing when I manage to work out an answer to the problem that's on my mind, but not so good when I have to perform some mundane task at the same time.

Be thankful you don't concentrate that hard. I'm kinda thankful Trump does.

TheRedneck

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Agree. There is a White House doctor (official title, Physician to the President) who issues public statements on a POTUS's health. It's about time the American public is finally made aware of the true and honest health condition of T. This latest wandering off is not a good sign.

Iran Contra was run out of the White House under Ronald Reagan. While many at the time were incredulous that R declared 88 times , "I don't recall" or "I can't remember" in one testimony alone, it was only years later that we learned his presidency overlapped with his Alzheimer's. It is thought now that R really was unaware of what was going on around him at the White House, that he honestly was unaware of Iran Contra.

Because much of current history stems from Iran Contra and US involvement in Central America, it would be good for anyone who wasn't an adult in the 1980s to read up on IC. Here is an interesting 2014 article, especially for those of us who remember.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think Trump is on some heavy medication and perhaps ......

Many presidents have been drunks!

www.11points.com...

Or as we say around the holdem tables...."he's a donk!!"
edit on 5-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You forgot to mention Twitter though. And Fox and friends. Very important.

It's quite possible those are on his mind. I have said it before, and I'll say it again, Trump uses Twitter as a weapon against his detractors... very effectively, I might add. He's very good with media projection as well. All those years on reality TV, I suppose.

However, I've never sat with another world leader during a photo shoot and simply got up and wandered away or simply ignored them. Nor have I ever given an important speech and said "things" and "very" a dozen times in the same sentence or paragraph.

It would depend on how important he considered the other leader. If you're referring to Merkel, that dismissal can easily be explained by a recent thread where locations in Germany are literally confiscating private property, charging the owners for forced renovation, and providing the result to immigrants. That right there indicates an unbridgeable gulf between Germany and the US philosophies.

As for the words... he's trying to put simple concepts (to him) into more complex language for the press. Sometimes the answer is dirt simple, but people don't typically like simple answers... especially from DC. We want long, convoluted, twisted government programs that Einstein couldn't unravel on a good day.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

We do? Who is we?

"We" is society in general in that context. This entire thread is predicated upon the visual impressions of President Trump's actions day to day as reflected in the media, and how it is inconsistent with expectations.

I do not speak for all Americans. I speak for me, concerning observed human behavior that I have witnessed in society, and incidentally, which is emphasized by your responses. As a member of society myself (like it or not), the pronoun "we" is more accurate than "you."

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'm no fan of his. I know that overworking can cause muddled thinking and messes with reaction times. He's an old guy who won't be used to the workload of a president. It's always been on his terms before and now he's on schedule for other people.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think he knew the Meme war was coming and was just trying to find a safe spot to watch the fall out.

I mean this is my speculation.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

i wouldnt say that trump thinks deeply and I dont...just my opinion but I dont think he thinks too terribly deeply.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

As for the words... he's trying to put simple concepts (to him) into more complex language for the press. Sometimes the answer is dirt simple, but people don't typically like simple answers... especially from DC. We want long, convoluted, twisted government programs that Einstein couldn't unravel on a good day.

With that in mind take a look at the video OtherSideOfTheCoin posted. Specifically from around the 4 minute mark where a recent speech is compared to his speaking capabilities a couple of years ago when he was much younger. And I think a good comparison would be to compare more of his older interviews - his manner of speaking - with the way he speaks today.

The younger Trump sounded intelligent and coherent compared to most of what we see of Trump today...
If he is trying to put "simple concepts" into more complex language "for the press" he is failing miserably because he is using the simplest words possible... Perhaps you wanted to say he's trying to put complex language in simple language for the press? Because, what you're saying, we're not seeing. Surely you don't actually believe your argument to be true?

Another recent example: "the space security we need to protect the American people. At some point in the future, we're going to look back and say, 'How did we do it without space?'"

Let's say he is "hyper focused" as you are suggesting. Just like yourself? Yet, you are able to focus on what you are doing here and put your thoughts to words in a way that I can easily understand - even with English being a second language to me. Much of what Trump says doesn't even make sense to those around him - Twitter being one of the biggest culprits of the confusion. I'm very tempted to cofveve right here, but I won't. Even with your apathy or "hyper concentration" you are still a highly functioning individual, and from personal experience I know you are a very intelligent person whom I have nothing but respect for. I'm sorry, but from where I'm sitting I simply cannot say the same about Trump with a straight face.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

this is actually very sad, im watching this happen with my mother.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Billionaires don't make mistakes?

Good to know.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

I know that overworking can cause muddled thinking and messes with reaction times. He's an old guy who won't be used to the workload of a president. It's always been on his terms before and now he's on schedule for other people.

Exactly! His adult life and his family business (real estate and self-promotion) were under his control. The job of public servant is not the same. Trump has already admitted to not understanding the complexity of one domestic topic, health care. The super complexities of international topics must seem daunting to him. He has wandered off here, at an EO signing in the White House, as well as overseas, onstage in Israel.

Other POTUS's with business background also had years of public service with which we could judge fitness for office. There was no such yardstick with Trump, only belief at worse and hope he'ld change at best. Sadly for all, Trump may be unable to carry out the complex duties of POTUS. His White House physician should give us a report on his health.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Well, we have a difference of opinion then.

I will say this: the man is impressive whether one likes him or not. He turned a $1M loan into a multi-billion-dollar franchise in one of the toughest real estate markets in the world, and has expanded it internationally from there. He has succeeded in creating a TV personna that is well-known across America. He managed to beat out a dozen or so traditional Republican candidates for nomination, despite having no direct experience running a campaign. He then beat the arguably best-known Democratic candidate, the most experienced as well, in the general election. And he did it all in the most unconventional ways.

He's doing something right... either he's a deep thinker, or he's got the blessings of God Himself all over him!

I'll go with deep thinker.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Democrats are just as insane though.

Dems and Reps have ruined America.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

i wouldnt say that trump thinks deeply and I dont...just my opinion but I dont think he thinks too terribly deeply.

heresy.....

In Trumps own words.

‘Trust me, I'm like a smart person’

www.nydailynews.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 5-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Anyone who says "Trust me" a lot cannot be trusted.

Trust me, I'm like a psychoanalyst.
edit on 7/5/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Democrats are just as insane though.

Dems and Reps have ruined America.

I am not saying that dems are better than repbubs, I just think America needs better than Trump

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join