It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wanders off again. What is the reason for Trump's confusion?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I'm sure every Russian pundit saw that too... it's called "bias." Same as we have here.

Putin got the POTUS he wanted.

So did the American people. Does Putin's personal preferences change that? And are you certain how Putin views Trump? I can't read minds from someone in the same room, let alone on the opposite side of the globe.

And Xi sees Trump as a paper tiger, a malleable businessman. And both nations see American democracy as a failure, a weakness. We'll remain a sovereign nation, just a nation no longer able to be a post-WW2 world leader. It's a new world order.

I doubt Xi sees Trump as a 'paper tiger' since he casually informed Xi during desert that 59 Tomahawk missiles just decimated a Syrian airport at his order. Probably didn't miss a chew saying it. If that's a 'paper tiger.' I'm using the wrong kind of paper.

But in some ways you're right: we'll get to be a sovereign nation again, a strong sovereign nation, and maybe we'll stop leading the world... because our idea of leading the world seems to be paying for everyone else and trying to force American policies on countries that don't want them. That's a good thing IMO.

In a way, because T seems to go with whoever gets to him last, I feel that Tillerson, Mattis etal are really in charge, not T.

In every organization, people are in charge of different things. Tillerson and Mattis are in charge of the DoS and the military, respectively. Trump only makes general policy decisions; his staff implements. That's the way things work, and the way things have always worked. So yes, you may be technically correct, but it's nothing unusual like you insinuate. No one can make every decision in the US Executive Branch individually... it's just not possible.

And let's not forget, both T and P are highly skilled at public theater.

As was Obama, Hillary, Bill Clinton, Reagan, Bush (41 and 43), Carter, Nixon, Pelosi, Ryan, Schumer, Cruz, Rubio, McCain, Warren...

As Homer Simpson would say... "D'OH!"

I still would like to see an official White House Physician report. Exactly what is going on with him physically and mentally.

You did, during the campaign. Remember when his doctor, the funny-looking one, gave a report? If there's an exam, guess who gets to appoint the official 'White House doctor'?

Hint: Donald John Trump, President of the United States of America.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Trump kept the last Physician to the President, Rear Admiral Ronny L. Jackson. Fortunately, Trump didn't ask for his Dr. Bombay!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: F4guy

Short term memory?

How about the fact the President has no authority when it comes to drafting / repealing / replacing / changing laws, like Obamacare?

I know that and you know that, but did he know that when he made numerous campaign promises to repeal and replace? Or maybe he did know that and was bald-faced lying. Again.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Re Xi, what I read day after election

Trump is also exactly the kind of businessman who is most easily taken in by China — credulous, focused on the externalities of wealth, and massively susceptible to flattery. A single trip, with Chinese laying on the charm, could leave him as fond of China’s strongmen as he is of Russia’s Putin.

Foreign Policy, Nov 9, 2016

Seems to have worked. Trump's tough talk on China changed.

This "laying on the charm" with Trump is exactly what world leaders have come to learn as part of the kabuki dance that state negotiations are. No matter what one thinks of Henry Kissinger, he could negotiate, "make deals", on the world stage. Here, he explains about "deals"

KISSINGER: It's a difference between commercial deals and foreign policy deals. Commercial deals are usually between entities that have one particular objective that they share or some crisis that they want to reduce. They deal with that, come to an agreement and never see each other again.

ZAKARIA: It's a single transaction.

KISSINGER: Exactly, it's a single transaction. In foreign policy, you meet the same people over and over again. And so you have to build not not only for one deal, you have to build for a deal that produces an impetus for further deals along the way.

CNN transcript, Fareed Zakaria, GPS, 11-20-16

Trump is in a completely different kind of deal making arena. If he cannot understand nor have the physical/mental temperament for deal making in foreign policy, then he may be open to undue influence. If he is unable to digest national security information or is handicapped by cognitive or emotional problems brought on by declining physical/mental health, then he is not capable of acting in the nation's best interest.

It could be we need a clean bill of health from the White House physician. to allay concerns.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

A thousand apologies. I wasn't clear about who brought the dog to a meeting with Merkel. It was Putin who brought the dog. Psyching her out Find someone's fear or trigger for anger, etc, and use it against them. Putin could have purposefully used a lengthier meeting to play with T's short attention span and focus, using those against him, psyche him out.

Ah, that makes sense. I know I hadn't heard about President Trump using a dog in a meeting, but I accepted your statement at face value.

I like the way you phrased that though, because it is exactly what Trump has been doing with the media: triggering their anger and getting them to show their own errors. I can completely understand why Putin uses the tactic, because I have seen it used so effectively by President Trump.

I imagine it was a very interesting discussion, with two world-class psy-op players going head to head. Would that I could have been a fly on the wall! At least a discussion between Trump and Putin would be on a much more level playing field than between Putin and Obama, who refused to use such tactics against others and thereby allowed most of the nations on the planet to take advantage of us.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Kissinger is exactly right about deals with foreign nations. One must maintain a working relationship. However, this is not at all unlike in the business world. The only difference is that priorities are measured in power, not currency. In business, relationships can span generations, while on the present political stage, relationships with the US are limited to 8 years at best.

I like Kissinger. He's tough, mean, and capable... which makes him very dangerous politically. Trump as well is tough, can be mean, and thus far, based on what I have seen, just as capable. His position change on China was a welcome one to me, because the fact that he softened his position means he got some concessions (or at least promises of concessions) from China. At least China knows he is not bluffing about using military action... with Obama's false lines in the sand, one could always figure they had a 50-50 shot at Obama backing down. Trump took the first opportunity Assad gave him to show he means what he said... and will even ensure that Obama's threats are followed through on.

That consistency is what we lost that caused us to become laughing stocks globally. From what I have seen, Trump is returning that consistency: work with us and we'll all have peace, but don't think you can start warlike actions without us retaliating... it ain't gonna happen. To others so used to the President rolling over like a trained dog whenever there was international uproar, that might seem reckless, but to those of us who understand negotiation, it makes perfect sense. Both in business and in politics.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Well, TheRedneck, we're gonna have different worldviews on all this, so no use wearing out our welcome on topics of this nature. As for me, I've been done with scratching my head on what Trump does, for fear my scalp would be in bad shape. I still believe we ain't seen nothing yet as to concerns over T's physical/mental health, as well as to what will transpire to change America. Ok, riding off into the sunset. I know there will be a sunrise, but i'm preparing for a long night.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: Gemwolf
Is there actually something behind Trumps apparent disconnection with his physical surroundings? Dementia or just an eye problem? Or is it just another case of out-of-context clips and Trump hating?

Hey Gem, just to cut past all the BS and politics and answer your question: He's losing it.

All the denials are just symptoms of kool-aid overdose.

No sht I'd rather have him demented than Hillary in good health.

If you had ever worked in an invironment w people who have onset dementia you wouldn't be saying that, not a hillllary fan here but this isn't good....the guy is showing and has been showing clear signs of it. Including his rambling speeches and why so many people have a hard time trying to decipher what he's trying to say...

I haven't worked with anyone medically demented but I have known family who have been. I didn't realize that people were taking this conversation so seriously and that they were trying to apply such rigid constraints on others' qualification to comment.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

A thousand apologies. I wasn't clear about who brought the dog to a meeting with Merkel. It was Putin who brought the dog. Psyching her out Find someone's fear or trigger for anger, etc, and use it against them. Putin could have purposefully used a lengthier meeting to play with T's short attention span and focus, using those against him, psyche him out.

Also, Putin (as an ex-KGB officer) understands T's psychological craving for appreciation, validity, love, so he would no doubt play as T's friend who understands and can offer what T desires. This is a way for Putin to get what he wants out of Trump. In reality, P is not T's "friend", he just plays one in world affairs. My God, even Reagan knew to trust but verify with Russia!

According to my Russian family members, Putin and his Russian oligarch buddies have taken so much money out of the Russian economy over the years, literally laundering it, finding places to stash it, all over the world, that the national economy has been weakened for the average Russian. Unemployment, lack of goods, increasing high costs of living. The money in the Russian economy disappears.

If dementia or early stages of Alzheimer's is acting on T, perhaps even increasing T's need for a "friend", then we need to know. It may be that his physical/mental condition has caused him to be compromised by Putin, not albe to act in America's best interest. We need to know how bad off Trump's health is.

You guys must think putin some super villain like lex luthor.

I bet you all believe he scores 12 unassisted goals in 1 game, against a professional russian goalie too.

I guess him walking all over obama for 8 yrs at will, can make one think he is Thanos.

Trump is not impressed at the reputation the left gives him.

Like Dutch said, "if it bleeds, we can kill it"

Anyway, I have a high school friend that came down with early onset Alzheimer about 5 yrs ago, we visited him a couple months ago.

He was pretty good that day, even saying he "remembered" me after almost 50 yrs but there is no way Trump has what you people say.

I know this from my other friends that has stayed in touch with him. Very sad to see.
His wife made him one of them childrens books with the thick waterproof pages on rings with pictures of him with all the family members on each page.
A well educated jock, football and basketball in HS, Harvard grad.
No drugs or booze problems.

No one is going to see Trumps medical records or his tax returns. lol.

edit on 7 7 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Lack of situational awareness. Even if a case of first time attendees not knowing what to do, all he had to do was do what other world leaders around him were doing. Failed to pick up on clues.

Needed to be told by Theresa May to turn around.

World leaders, their staff, and intelligence services analyze other world leaders in order to know how to interact to their advantage.
edit on 8-7-2017 by desert because: clarify

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf
You all are looking way to deeply into this...
He simply wandered a bit.
I have seen presidents turn into blathering idiots when the teleprompter fails whats your point?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
You all are looking way to deeply into this...
He simply wandered a bit.
I have seen presidents turn into blathering idiots when the teleprompter fails whats your point?

the point is that this was not his first time. Its sort of become his thing.

www.cbsnews.com...

thepoliticus.com...

mixed with insane late night twitter rants with fake news and pretending to know japanese and chines
edit on 8-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Okay I will play the shrink: he just has attention deficit disorder. A problem most geniuses have ... I think those people are thinking about things far more important than the protocol and other booring things they have to do at the very moment.
Remember the absent-minded professor.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
From a similar thread in February

originally posted by: Damiel
I think Trump had ADHD as a kid, and that has evolved into OCD as an adult.

He officially 'left' school at 13, then went to the NYMA

where he finished eighth grade and high school.
Trump was an energetic child; his parents hoped that the discipline at the military school would allow him to channel his energy in a positive manner.

In 1983, Fred Trump told an interviewer that Donald "was a pretty rough fellow when he was small".[19]

Link

Don't forget, this was in the early sixties were ADHD wasn't recognised.
'Troublesome, rowdy kids' were just seen as that... full of energy, but 'troublesome', and no more.

I thnk that he threw himself into studies, the family business and the energy needed for that, managed to mask his underlying issues.

As he has gotten older, well, things are a bit harder to hide; even more so now.

OCD

Signs and symptoms

The DSM-5—the fifth edition of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders—defines diagnostic criteria of oppositional defiant disorder:

A. A pattern of angry/irritable mood, argumentative/defiant behavior, or vindictiveness lasting at least 6 months as evidenced by at least four symptoms from any of the following categories, and exhibited during interaction with at least one individual who is not a sibling.

Angry/Irritable Mood
1. Often loses temper.
2. Is often touchy or easily annoyed.
3. Is often angry and resentful.

Argumentative/Defiant Behavior
4. Often argues with authority figures or for children and adolescents with adults.
5. Often actively defies or refuses to comply with requests from authority figures or with rules.
6. Often deliberately annoys others.
7. Often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior.

Vindictiveness
8. Has been spiteful or vindictive at least twice within the past 6 months.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
*coughcoughcough* MK *coughcoughcough*

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

"Signs and symptoms" of both sundown syndrome and dementia also fit...

Sundowning Symptoms
When someone is sundowning, they may be:
Agitated (upset or anxious)
Restless
Irritable
Confused
Disoriented
Demanding
Suspicious

They also may:

Yell
Pace
Hear or see things that aren’t there
Have mood swings

10 Early Symptoms of Dementia

1. Subtle short-term memory changes
2. Difficulty finding the right words
3. Changes in mood
4. Apathy
5. Difficulty completing normal tasks
6. Confusion
7. Difficulty following storylines
8. A failing sense of direction
9. Being repetitive
10. Struggling to adapt to change

Does it sound like someone we know?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It does indeed resemble certain traits of someone...
We would'nt want someone with those kind of traits given any kind of authority.

Wait, what ?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I like to think it's diarrhea

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I didn't think it was right to diagnose Hillary on video evidence, and this is wrong too. If we followed you around for a week it's likely we'd get some footage to exploit as a question too. This silly armchair diagnosis stuff is irrelevant.

How are people still fretting over Trump well after he is elected is beyond me. Think of it this way. Trump is our countries pilot. Pray he flys the plane well. You are a passenger. Wishing him ill, is like wishing the pilot to crash the plane you are on.
edit on 18-7-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
a reply to: Damiel

"Signs and symptoms" of both sundown syndrome and dementia also fit...

Sundowning Symptoms
When someone is sundowning, they may be:
Agitated (upset or anxious)
Restless
Irritable
Confused
Disoriented
Demanding
Suspicious

They also may:

Yell
Pace
Hear or see things that aren’t there
Have mood swings

10 Early Symptoms of Dementia

1. Subtle short-term memory changes
2. Difficulty finding the right words
3. Changes in mood
4. Apathy
5. Difficulty completing normal tasks
6. Confusion
7. Difficulty following storylines
8. A failing sense of direction
9. Being repetitive
10. Struggling to adapt to change

Does it sound like someone we know?

It's more likely the person that thinks Trump is suffering Dementia, after watching that video, is suffering it themselves. That or delusional.
edit on 18-7-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join