It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Khadr to receive apology and $10.5M compensation package from Canada: official

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

At fifteen, he was still a boy and, going off what he was doing, a stupid one at that. Obviously full of hatred.

Children are always innocent, at least until 18. You can't know how a child experienced war, it might have been toy guns and bad dreams all the time in his mind. In fact he might have fantasized he was killing monsters and doing the right thing. It's the parents that would set a child up. Doesn't matter the excuse, they shouldn't have made the child or fled.

A second issue is the level of fines. The criminal justice system screws up sometimes and big fines are often appropriate. I'm thinking of innocent lives being ruined then compensated for. In cases where the complainant is an actual criminal or Jihadi, the fines should go to charity or a victim fund. It's absurd to see people like this getting to live a better life than 99% of decent people. The courts can pay penance without turning guys like this into millionaires.

It would appear a bit high, with a couple of millions he could have an acceptable life, however in such a case such a person should get it not at once but over years an amount of money and also a bought home for him, as he obviously would have severe trauma's making such a person less able to make such decisions. He might have the proper age after receiving the money, but the base of the spirit would need to heal first.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Maybe the Canadian courts figured some US soldier crying over his lost comrade, grabbing the first kid he saw and claimed to be a witness was not good enough?

Sucks having to give people due process when your just trying to storm some random country and kill anyone that "fighting age" eh?

Pay the kid. He deserves. It. I was following this story since he was 15. We had no evidence in him then and we still don't.

This is Canada. Not some 3rd Reich US state. The law matters here, even in the face of terrorisism

ETA: The US should cover the bill on this one. They are the ones that hung him from a door and beat him till he passed himself and then used him as a mop. Degenerate f÷cks.
edit on pSat, 08 Jul 2017 15:26:22 -05002017 122Sat, 08 Jul 2017 15:26:22 -0500pmAmerica/ChicagoSaturday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoolBuzz

originally posted by: Kandinsky

At fifteen, he was still a boy and, going off what he was doing, a stupid one at that. Obviously full of hatred.

Children are always innocent, at least until 18.

There are so many cases of what you laughably call children committing armed robberies, bashing people and sometimes to death, raping, basically any of thing that an adult is capable of doing and you're trying to excuse it. That's the long and short of it. No wonder this world is in the state it is when people are willing to excuse this behavior.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Telos

perfect example of the sort of wilful ignorance.

Thanks. Coming from you is a real compliment.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Hopefully some alphabet agency or another will covertly deep six the terrorist bastard or put some Polonium in his cornflakes.

edit on 9-7-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Insanity, if I was frozen up in Canada I'd be really pissed that my taxes are paying this evil creature!

The majority of Canadians do not agree with this.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Insanity, if I was frozen up in Canada I'd be really pissed that my taxes are paying this evil creature!

Yet enough of them voted for a party and Prime Minister who thinks this is just the absolute bees knees. So exactly when did Canada become a hostage to destructive liberals or is it not and they're all just in denial that they actually enjoy giving their country and money away.
edit on 12-7-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: oops

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Sometimes I wish we had some radicals around to tie up lose ends.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Sapphire

No, this is special. I wonder how many grenades 9.5 buys?

This is just funding terrorism and taking a dump on dead soldier's graves.

Sorry eh.

We need to arrest or worse those who allow and make this kind of # happen. Put this guy under the jail for good.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

originally posted by: InTheLight

Yet enough of them voted for a party and Prime Minister who thinks this is just the absolute bees knees. So exactly when did Canada become a hostage to destructive liberals or is it not and they're all just in denial that they actually enjoy giving their country and money away.

I think this party was voted in primarily for the legalization of recreational marijuana, anything else we need to deal with after the fact.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I see Canada has gone insane like Europe.

LOL. Europe has turned insane? Last time I checked, USA just elected a bloody cartoon caricature for president while Europe pleads for moderation, evident in the last European national elections? UK may be out of their minds with their BREXIT choice, but when it comes to political insanity, wether May nor Erdogan would be found worthy to tie the shoes of Trump. USA is the crazy bin, not Europe.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join