It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Khadr to receive apology and $10.5M compensation package from Canada: official

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

No more than any other so called Civilized Nation.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

edit on 5-7-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

No, this is special. I wonder how many grenades 9.5 buys?

This is just funding terrorism and taking a dump on dead soldier's graves.

Sorry eh.
edit on 7 5 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Do you think Canada is the only Country to have ever been corrupted from the inside? If you do, you may want to do a bit of research into other Nations. This has come to our attention, how many nations do you figure are harbouring terrorists in the dark, things we're unaware of? Yeah.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Canada you've gone full-retard with this one. I'm just going to grab the popcorn and a lawn chair now

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

I hope it's not GMO popcorn, that stuff could retard anyone.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
as much as I despise Canada's version of Obama, we really can not lay this at his feet. it was the courts not the Prime Minister that has rewarded this terrorist. the court case it's self has been going on for years, long before pretty boy Trudeau became Prime Minister. that all started under the watch of Harper. in fact the only thing you can blame on pretty boy is that he is not fighting this. fact is Harper should have left this piece of Islamic scum in Guantanamo where he belongs in the first place.

technically pretty boy can not even legally to refuse to pay (not that he would even consider it). this incident is just one of many that shows just how badly the Canadian court system is in need of severe overhaul. it is the Canadian court system which has given out this travesty of justice, and is now guilty of financially supporting terrorism. a crime which those that made the decision need to be arrested and put in prison for.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

a few here seem to be defending this guy. if they would do a little research they would realize that his whole family were
al qaeda.

Khadr family

you can say what you want, he was a kid, he was brain washed by his dad, that doesn't change the fact that he was captured after a fire fight at a known al qaeda location and that it is well known that(kids) fought for them. just like isis.

if there is any justice, he won't get to keep the money. his victims family sued him and won. the canadian government should give it to them

edit on 5-7-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
wrong window

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

At fifteen, he was still a boy and, going off what he was doing, a stupid one at that. Obviously full of hatred.

You're obviously misinformed on the story. He was a child taken there by his father, he had no say in the matter. His admission to guilt was delivered via torture.

I don't exactly support the settlement but some of you are obviously using this story to spread your poison.

edit on 5-7-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

[sarc]
But Canada has universal healthcare, so they're much better than the U.S., amirite?!
[/sarc]

If I were Canadian, I'd be embarrassed, just like I am with many of the U.S.'s actions in the last two decades. If the evidence is flimsy, so be it--a lot of people are convicted on relatively flimsy evidence (although, having been a paralegal, I know that a confession is the strongest form of evidence known to the law). But that doesn't mean that the guy didn't do it, either, even if Trudeau has trouble believing the sincerity and accuracy of the confession.

To reward this self-confessed terrorist with millions in monetary compensation, along with a public apology, is asininity at its finest. I'm uncertain if Trudeau is playing with a full deck on this one. If I was Sgt. Speer's family, I'd be pissed beyond belief.

And the sad thing is (not that it would make it any better really), the Speers family got nowhere NEAR that amount of monetary compensation for the death of Sgt. Speer. Canada, I hope that this really makes you think about your "leader."

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Liberals in canada are retarded, especially the sock puppet of soros and aga khan, trudeau. He has ruined Canada in less than 2 years. This is an outrage. Harper never would have let this happen to us, nor would we be flooded with the likes of kadhr.

The whole family was in training by their own father who took them back to Afghanistan where he had previously spent time in the company of Osama bin laden.

He (kadhr) deserves nothing and this as a Canadian taxpayer this makes me sick. I wish the us medics would not have saved him and put him in Guantanamo...

Obama and Hillary are also part of his release to canada so you must include them in your repulsive reaction. It was obama who wanted Guantanamo closed. Hey maybe after seeing what kadhr got the others will look for the same?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Not that it really matters...

The rights violations occurred during PM Chretien/Paul Martin's reign.

This is a judicial matter, not a political one.

The judges hands are tied via Canadian Law.

No, this isn't indicative of any recent changes.

This is very similar to when gangs started using youth to mule drugs. I imagine it will be dealt with the same way, but again, existing Canadian Law means that that will only help us in future cases, not for this particular case...as much as that sucks.

edit on 5-7-2017 by peck420 because: Correct PM's during rights violations.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The widow of an American soldier killed in Afghanistan and another former U.S. soldier partially blinded by a hand grenade plan to file an emergency injunction to stop Ottawa from paying $10.5-million to former child soldier Omar Khadr.
Tabitha Speer and Layne Morris allege Mr. Khadr was responsible for the death of Sergeant Christopher Speer and Mr. Morris’s injuries in Afghanistan. Two sources say they are expected to ask the Ontario Superior Court as early as Wednesday to uphold a 2015 Utah civil court judgment ordering Mr. Khadr to pay them $134-million (U.S.) for his actions in Afghanistan
www.theglobeandmail.com...

this would of course mean any money this Islamic scum would receive would automatically go to them instead. unfortunately it seems that they don't believe the court system will actually do the right thing in this case. sadly typical criminals win, victims loose.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Capturing terrorists just results in their freedom and more terrorist activity. Lesson in that somewhere.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's quite easy really. The $10.5 million he has been awarded the Canadian government aught to say "you've been absent from Canada for x amount of years so you owe us back tax which happens to come to $11 million. We'll take it out of your compensation then you will only owe us$.5 million". Job done.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
wtf... is this the real world ?

western gov paying someone 10 million that fought against western soldiers.. and killed them

its like we jumped into a twilight ep

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

My comment was strictly about Canada being taken over and being just like France, the rest I agree with, I can't say it enough..this award is complete bullsh#t

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm not going into a Canada vs US pissing match, but yes this is embarrassing.
I hope the Sgt's family can collect

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

I hope they are successful but not going to hold my breath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join