It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omar Khadr to receive apology and $10.5M compensation package from Canada: official

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I would agree, he left to go kill people..he should be lucky enough to be allowed back period.
His family was radical so I give him the benefit of doubt that he was a product of his parents ideals, hence he is allowed to come back after hopefully seeing the error of his decision to go..8 years in GITMO should of provided that.
Monetary awards..no f'n way.
edit on 5-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
And this is why everyone is starting to hate the left........

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Send him home to afghanistan, dont him money. What the absolute #.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm more left than right but sure the hell not that left.
This kind of crap is where I had serious reservations about Trudeau.
Harper was on the opposite end of the spectrum..that's why Trudeau won.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think at this stage it's clear that places like Canada and France have actively chosen to allow themselves to be taken over, made a mockery of and ruined. As sad as it is to watch happen, the best thing we can do is be distanced from it and tighten our own borders with them.

I just don't see any recovery possible those places now without outright civil war and what makes me sick to my stomach is that they actually seem to be either blind to it or even enjoying the downfall.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Canada?! It's hardly fricken Aleppo is it?

a reply to: vonclod

Makes good sense

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Canada?! It's hardly fricken Aleppo is it?

How long do you think we need to wait before it resembles Aleppo?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
There was a time long, long ago when we were all taught that *Crime doesn't pay*

Crime will ultimately not benefit a person. No matter how tempting it may appear, crime doesn't pay.

That's a misnomer if ever there was

Its time the world went back to basics.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This thread begs the question...how many of these...Jihadis...are roaming freely all over the western society.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

10.5m to start a home grown front.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This just sickens me. I have no more words, just so annoyed.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

As much as I despise this deal with Khadr I think your being dramatic..this isn't France and refugees are pretty well vetted..this Khadr deal stinks to high heaven but it's a 1 off.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

First of all, the confession is only about whether or not he had killed the American sergeant with a grenade. Second of all, he had 5 other war crimes he had confessed to before. Third of all, where are all those other confessions?... The only one the Canadians provided stated that he admitted throwing the grenade, but he didn't know who was hit by it... That does not sound like a "confession under duress". Someone who had committed 5 war crimes, and was on trial for killing an American soldier should have "sleep deprivation" without anyone helping them.
edit on 5-7-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

But think about this... This man had 5 war crimes on top on possibly killing this American soldier... 8 years in prison is not enough even by a long shot...
edit on 5-7-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

As much as I despise this deal with Khadr I think your being dramatic..this isn't France and refugees are pretty well vetted..this Khadr deal stinks to high heaven but it's a 1 off.

They're still letting in so many that things are going to change to resemble a different version of Canada and there wasn't much wrong with the one that existed before the mass immigration debacle that is still unfolding. My point is really that they are now a country that pays terrorists 10 million bucks to be terrorists. Because Canadians really need that sort of person and really don't need that money.
edit on 5-7-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The family of the soldier he killed won a judgment against him, something like 1.5 million. While they have said they dont ever expect to see a dime of that money, this Canadian ruling may change that.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well that's good!

Now he'll only have $9 million to fund a home grown terror cell instead of $10.5
Oh and look, theres already a bunch of potential new recruits freshly arrived, with countless more on their way.

Five violent minutes alone with Justin and I know I could make him see how stupid he is.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Being DRAMATIC

ARE YOU KIDDING

See my previous post >>>>

*Since when did it become 'de rigueur' for the victim to compensate the

aggressor.*

The victim's family 1.5 million

The aggressor 10. 5 million .......not to mention he has a LIFE too!!!

Looks a bit DRAMATIC to me.

edit on 5-7-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I remember this story being repeated in the news a couple of years ago, the kid was a teenager at the time portrayed as an abused victim held by the enemy. To cut to the chase, I don't think 10 mill was something he should have received for it, and i'm sure there's more to this story than we're being told. Under the Harper Government things were stricter against immigration, under Trudeau, things are much different and easier for non immigrants such as those fleeing abuse and refuge, to what extent we can only speculate.

edit on 5-7-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

So, Canada is retarded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join