It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: CNN extorts/blackmails amateur satirist who made video tweeted by Trump.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Jonjonj

As for whom CNN is actually working?

Well, we could tell you but then we'd have to kill you...

Exactly. CNN is trying to serve two masters...and destroying itself in the process.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

With an answer to another poster?

Go back and look at your posts. You quoted my response to another members post and said that it was proof of dishonesty. I was responding to that.

My apologies for not quoting you properly.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

CNN has every right to investigate who made the meme and try to get him to stop making any more of that filth. If we allow our media to be intimidated by ordinary citizens, what will they be able to report? Nothing!

Whoever made the meme had the good sense to apologize, and in return for not doing it again, CNN will keep their identity secret, thats a fair deal.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes, they tried, but it never took hold because people fought back and called them out, even in the face of some who would try to downplay what CNN did.

Ok. So there is no narrative to control.

That's what I said.

We even know why some have tried to downplay it - they rely heavily on CNNs fake news to push propaganda against the President and the last thing they want is for their material to be even more discredited than it already is.

What prove do you have of some trying to downplay it for that specific purpose.

Also, we do not need CNN's fake propaganda to discredit the President. He does that himself.

CNN is the convenient scapegoat people use so that they do not have to hold the president accountable for his own actions.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZumaStar

CNN has every right to investigate who made the meme and try to get him to stop making any more of that filth. If we allow our media to be intimidated by ordinary citizens, what will they be able to report? Nothing!

Whoever made the meme had the good sense to apologize, and in return for not doing it again, CNN will keep their identity secret, thats a fair deal.

That's fair, but still poor form on CNN's part to say what they said.

They should have worded it differently or not said anything at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

With an answer to another poster?

Go back and look at your posts. You quoted my response to another members post and said that it was proof of dishonesty. I was responding to that.

My apologies for not quoting you properly.

OK

---------------------------------------------------------------

Forget my question, I will not be entertained by brainless and timewasting idiots.

I learned a lesson here today.

edit on 6-7-2017 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Disagree. They needed to send a loud message that intimidation of the press by private citizens will not be tolerated and thats what they did. Others will not be so stupid to try the same tactics in the future and CNN can get on with reporting the news on Trump and Russia unmolested.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: DBCowboy

lulz.

Is that a real question? And what about anonymous sourcces in journalism btw?

That's the point being made or did you miss it?

CNN has arbitrarily decided that this person, and thus, ala Kirsten Powers, no one has the right to anonymity ... but they keep people anonymous all the time.

That leads one to believe that CNN only keeps people anonymous when it suits them and not because have any right to expect to be anonymous for any reason. If that's now the case, then why would anyone trust CNN enough to be a source for them? They could let you be anonymous one day and decide the next that it serves their best interests to yank your anonymity, and the worst thing is, that they could do it completely for the ratings and destroy your life in the process.

I know they are looking at trying to claim some kind of moral high ground by threatening this meme maker, but they've opened up a rather nasty can of worms in the process.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I honestly believe that in some cases we are trying to convince people who are part of the agenda now.

Wasting our time.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Disagree. They needed to send a loud message that intimidation of the press by private citizens will not be tolerated and thats what they did. Others will not be so stupid to try the same tactics in the future and CNN can get on with reporting the news on Trump and Russia unmolested.

So a meme is now intimidation?

This is the same network that defended things like Julius Caesar featuring an assassination of Donald Trump as artistic expression.

You'll note that they had to go so far as to dig up other things this one person has done in order to try to claim the moral high ground. "Oh, he is a bigoted anti-Semite!"

That's a load of BS. Until Trump retweeted a meme of a wrestling match and everyone got their panties in a wad over supposed violence to the press (Remember, kids, an WWE match .gif promotes violence to the press while staging your play with an assassination of the president does not ...), odds are that no one knew or cared who this person was from any other internet troll. CNN certainly did not care.

They went after him for the wrestling gif and no other reason because you surely do not see them shutting down any other internet trolls. Nope! Only the one Donald tweeted.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What did they dig up on him? From what I seen, he was trying to say that everyone that worked at CNN is a Jew. How is that not being an anti semite?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

What did they dig up on him? From what I seen, he was trying to say that everyone that worked at CNN is a Jew. How is that not being an anti semite?

Did they know or care about that until they went looking because of the wrestling gif?

If not, then that's all stuff that's designed to make him look big and scary so they can claim the moral high ground.

If you go dig around in some internet troll's life and discover that he's been posting racial stuff that you find offensive, has he always been offending you or only since you knew about it because you went looking?

In other words, if a tree falls in the forest and there's no one around to hear it does it still make a sound?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

So what if he did? Are you saying that a person can't have an opinion?

Are you pleading a special case for this guy because it was anti-semitic?

I want to know what you mean here.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

That did not mean that Kaczynski was the author of the passage. In the course of editing the article, a CNN source told BuzzFeed’s Steven Perlberg, “someone [inserted the language] as a safeguard and it backfired.” And the legalese suggested, as Greenwald noticed, the involvement of network higher-ups: “The most offensive passage here — ‘CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change’ — sounds like classic lawyer language that executives or corporate lawyers would demand be included. It does not sound like something a typical journalist would write on their own.”

And the fact that CNN has adopted a bunker mentality against pro-Trump critics suggests that the passage is here to stay. At this point, altering or removing the passage would amount to second-guessing CNN’s leadership. After all, the text employs an institutional voice—“CNN reserves the right”—in which only a handful of executives, including Davis, are allowed to write.

According to those people, the passage was drafted and proposed by Richard “Rick” Davis, a 37-year veteran of CNN who is the network’s Executive Vice President of News Standards and Practices.

gizmodo.com...

So either Jeff Zucker, the president of CNN added the passage, or the Executive Vice President of News Standards and Practices added it.

Only a handful of people, including them could.

This begs the question if they weren't the ones to first reach out to the reddit user themselves. They probably berated him over the phone as they ate lunch. They had such a blast they published it.

IF, and I hope to God it was, if they were cutting the fat and actually called and emailed this guy then its completely different,

Only they can legally levy that threat since only they reserve the right in the trust of the owners of CNN.

CNN cant protect them if they are the represented authority doing the deed themselves.

Richard Davis and Jeff Zucker basically got their co workers to dig crap up and make a story just to amuse themselves. Then they amused themselves further by reaching out and scaring this guy with god knows what threats. They were making a life bitch out of this guy. Their little pocket reddit convert.

These two gems are the only people out of a handful even capable of adding that language. There is no apparent authority derived. It was their direction and authority that made the inclusion of the threat /blackmail.

edit on 7 6 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

The meme maker had no right to be outting CNN because they employ only Jewish people. If they want to employ only Jews thats their business right? Maybe Jews make better workers and journalists.

We didn't go through the holocaust just to have the internet bring another virtual holocaust upon our people. Jews have rights to be anonymous too.
edit on 6-7-2017 by ZumaStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

The meme maker had no right to be outting CNN because they employ only Jewish people. If they want to employ only Jews thats their business right? Maybe Jews make better workers and journalists.

Exactly!!!

So PLEASE explain to me how bringing up their being Jewish is anti semitic.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

(post by ZumaStar removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join