It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: CNN extorts/blackmails amateur satirist who made video tweeted by Trump.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

C'mon IIB, we know who the real intelligent people are.

There's no need to explain

At the end of the day, real recognizes real, and intelligence recognizes intelligence.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

Nothing I say is going to change anyone's mind

You are right about that - nothing you say is going to change anybody's mind.
Perhaps one day you will get some credibility back.

Ahh, the proverbial pigeon on a chessboard.

I notice how you refuse to address anything else, but pick out one little piece in order to continue your partisan agenda.

Anyway, it is naive to think we are going to change anyone's mind on an interest forum, whether you have credibility or not. So you go ahead and make little pot shots at my expense, if you like. It just highlights more of your immaturity.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Better to discuss CNN's blackmailing antics.
That is the thread.. so don't you agree their behaviour was unacceptable and should not be tolerated? Sad state of affairs when journalists become blackmailers in an attempt to control narratives.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
ITT:

*sigh*

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's called comedy, something which clearly the left doesn't understand anymore.

What are you talking about? I said that I am enjoying this for the comedy of it all. You guys are acting like fools. I find that funny.

Clearly all of you leftist "High Information" has devolved the left. This whole black hole CNN has sucked itself into despite having teams of lawyers & propagandists & 'proper PR pros' has to be the top 10 list all time most absurd PR blunders in history, all of which stemming from them being too intellectual retarded to understand humor AND the Internet, or to know how to take a joke. This event is the shining culture of hypersensitive hissy fits and microaggression mentality, and crappy censorship appeal.

It appears you are throwing a hissy fit. I'm trying to laugh at yours and other's expense. Can't you see the comedy in all this?

And you guys whom supposedly have no dog in this fight you cant even contain yourselves from metaphorically screaming & kicking in this thread (it was literal earlier this morning) in not being capable of letting the jokes fly.

I'm laughing at you guys. What else do you want me to do? Isn't that what you want?

Even if you're incapable of seeing the humor of it all, never mind being capable of appreciating any of it, you cant even not try to be the fun police and crap up everyone elses fun.

You're having a laugh at CNN's expense and I'm laughing at yours.

Aren't you having fun? I am.

Which by my ways means your types deserve to have the jokes play out on you. May we prove there may just be a cure for this kind of stupidity. BUt if not at least get even with the humorless jerks of this world.

I'm laughing at that as well. What is even supposed to mean?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
ITT:

*sigh*

Can you expound on your idea here related to this thread?

I for one would appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Better to discuss CNN's blackmailing antics.
That is the thread.. so don't you agree their behaviour was unacceptable and should not be tolerated?

I already addressed that twice.

Sad state of affairs when journalists become blackmailers in an attempt to control narratives.

How does CNN blackmailing one individual in order to stop them from posting bigoted stuff on the internet control any narrative?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

How does CNN blackmailing one individual in order to stop them from posting bigoted stuff on the internet control any narrative?

This is the first demonstrably dishonest thing you have said on the thread.

C'mon!!! They bullied who they thought was the maker of a meme that the president tweeted in order to make a scapegoat out of him. They used him to publically send a message: Play with the bull, get the horns!

They went after him because of the meme, found out about the other stuff and the result is where we are now.

If you value freedom of expression how the hell can you then condone the implicit or explicit threat to that expression by CNN?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
THIS is blackmail:

White House advisers have discussed a potential point of leverage over their adversary, a senior administration official said: a pending merger between CNN’s parent company, Time Warner, and AT&T. Mr. Trump’s Justice Department will decide whether to approve the merger, and while analysts say there is little to stop the deal from moving forward, the president’s animus toward CNN remains a wild card.

Link

How soon until ya'll are saying, "WTH we LOOOOVE blackmail now!"

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

If you value freedom of expression how the hell can you then condone the implicit or explicit threat to that expression by CNN?

A threat is not a narrative. I see no narrative being created here. I see CNN doing something stupid against one individual and even if their intent was to create a narrative about "playing with the bull", it's a non-starter.

It never took hold.

edit on 6-7-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I don't see a problem. Just have a leftist judge in Hawaii overturn everything Trump does.

See?

Easy-peasy, lemon-squeasy!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

THIS is blackmail:

White House advisers have discussed a potential point of leverage over their adversary, a senior administration official said: a pending merger between CNN’s parent company, Time Warner, and AT&T. Mr. Trump’s Justice Department will decide whether to approve the merger, and while analysts say there is little to stop the deal from moving forward, the president’s animus toward CNN remains a wild card.

Link

Could you get anymore dishonest?

I mean where is the blackmail here? Has Trump said "Hey CNN, play nice or that merger gets shut down"?

No, what you have is a speculative piece. There is a saying in Spanish "Cree el ladron que todos son de su condicion".

IT IS A FRICKIN COMPANY MERGER NOT AN AVERAGE JOE AT HOME MAKING A MEME!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A narrative is not a threat. I see no narrative being created here.

What? Apart from being seemingly contradictory to me what you just wrote, I don't understand your point, at all. This wasn't about creating a narrative, it was about creating an atmosphere of censorship.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

What? Apart from being seemingly contradictory to me what you just wrote, I don't understand your point, at all. This wasn't about creating a narrative, it was about creating an atmosphere of censorship.

The person I responded to said CNN was using blackmail to control a narrative. Here is what he said:

Sad state of affairs when journalists become blackmailers in an attempt to control narratives.

I disagree with that. Apparently so do you.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Jonjonj

The person I responded to said CNN was using blackmail to control a narrative. Here is what he said:

I disagree with that. Apparently so do you.

Well why would you respond to my question, which was this:

With an answer to another poster?

My question was to your suggestion that CNN was doing the world a favour by threatening to out this evil racist meme maker, essentially curtailing his freedom of expression through coercion.

The question remains.

edit on 6-7-2017 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

THIS is blackmail:

Link

Woohoo I love blackmail!

So about 35 minutes give or take.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

THIS is blackmail:

Link

Woohoo I love blackmail!

NO!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!!

(Fixes jimmies)

I mean...

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

THIS is blackmail:

Link

Woohoo I love blackmail!

That's OK, the left who apparently has always said they hate it when big, bad corporations prey on the little guy are now cheering CNN (the big, bad corporation) when they prey on the little guy (H.A.Solo).
edit on 6-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Zucker is doubling-down on the same strategy that got CNN where they're at today. What an idiot.

No doubt he's on his way out. None.

mobile.nytimes.com...link

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
AT&T is to data as CNN is to news.

It will be the ignorant propaganda version of Skynet.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join