It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: CNN extorts/blackmails amateur satirist who made video tweeted by Trump.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

For me its about getting a little bit of perspective on all of this.

Not saying I agree or disagree with Assange, just find it interesting what his take or his propaganda which ever fits your narrative.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I'm at work so can't fully digest this but I'm still confused as to what even happened.
CNN threatened some kid over a meme?
Unreal

Wish it was me or mine that was threatened. I want my #in check

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Congratulations Sublimecraft, this is headlining on Drudge and Fox.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think it is admirable that folks on the left including ante and Kali have denounced the guy for this article.

My question is, what do you think now that CNN is doubling down and saying this was not a threat but they just worded it awkwardly, and now that other media people are defending it.

Should they all be fired too?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

ALSO...Limbaugh's 20M listeners have been hearing about this for the past two hours.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
MSNBC: HEY...At least we're NOT CNN.

(They SHOULD use that as their tagline)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Oh this just gets better and better.

An analysis of what was posted by Trump and what was posted by the guy from Reddit... show that they are not the same thing. There are several key differences between the two, including an additional logo that appears in one of them but not the other, suggesting that the original footage was taken from a different source. They are similar, certainly, but many people have made versions of that meme.

Not only have CNN chosen the most stupid hill to die on... they've done it over completely the wrong person.

I love living in this timeline.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It could have been worded awkwardly, have they apologized?

My full take is that essentially the guy nearly outed himself, he got all braggy... liked the attention then pooped himself when he realized his real identity might come out as is often the case. He apologized for his ugly post history before CNN was ever involved.

I do not like how CNN reacted to it. If it's about protecting their logo well... that's capitalism for ya but they still handled it badly. It's hard to believe that editorial and legal departments wouldn't have stopped it had they seen that statement. Which leaves it on Kacinsky.

CNN and Kacisnky need to more than say it was awkward wording.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Ameilia

ALSO...Limbaugh's 20M listeners have been hearing about this for the past two hours.

AND apparently Ted Cruz is talking about this, citing the same law discussed on the first page of this thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
CNN digs itself a deeper grave:

CNN’s Cuomo Deletes Tweet Threatening Reddit User Who Posted Trump Video

Co-host of CNN’s “New Day” Chris Cuomo deleted a tweet Wednesday in which he proposed revealing the identity of the Reddit user who posted the CNN wrestling video of President Donald Trump.

“Should CNN reveal name of Reddit user who made trump wrestling video?” the tweet read. “Had a lot of bigoted and hateful material on page and website.”

Cuomo deleted the tweet, but a Twitter user tweeted a screenshot of it and accused the Cuomo of trying to intimidate a teenager in order to suppress negative coverage of his home network.

dailycaller.com...

CAPTURED TWEET:
twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob
Oh this just gets better and better.

An analysis of what was posted by Trump and what was posted by the guy from Reddit... show that they are not the same thing. There are several key differences between the two, including an additional logo that appears in one of them but not the other, suggesting that the original footage was taken from a different source. They are similar, certainly, but many people have made versions of that meme.

Not only have CNN chosen the most stupid hill to die on... they've done it over completely the wrong person.

I love living in this timeline.

CNN: The gift that just keeps giving!

Thank you CNN, for the lulz!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Yeah, this meme guy should lawyer up.Even the left-leaning Dershowitz is fed up with the incompetent attempted takeover by the facist-left and its crazy bulldog msm.

Mr. Dershowitz, offer your services!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I would lawyer up for sure
Tinysicktears needs a maserati ghibli

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Is the lie of an anonymous online identity really worth this much to people? If I was this dude, I'd view this as a perfect opportunity to spit in CNN's eye, and release a remix of the video with Trump holding up a sign with my actual name and a shot of me middle fingering CNN.

I don't understand buckling to them in any way.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Try some CNN memes lol!! I fully support your case and choice of cars.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Is the lie of an anonymous online identity really worth this much to people? If I was this dude, I'd view this as a perfect opportunity to spit in CNN's eye, and release a remix of the video with Trump holding up a sign with my actual name and a shot of me middle fingering CNN.

I don't understand buckling to them in any way.

Which tells me there is more to this than what they are telling us.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Kaczynski initially said the user “posted his apology before we *ever* spoke” to him, calling KFile afterwards to apologize again. But after further questions, Kaczynski said the initial apology didn’t come until CNN had contacted the user and asked to talk to him.

He also justified his article by noting a previous instance of the Reddit user’s work, which was anti-Semitic: “This was someone who shared an image of CNN reporters’ face with Stars of David next them.”

www.foxnews.com...

Changing the story now. First article said he apologized first. More fake news.

Andrew Kaczynski..

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The LEVEL of insanity is HOLEY inorganic ...

It's nearly predictable that BIG NEWS is about to drop when troll farms/factories start WORKING night shifts pumping out memes...

STAY TUNED folks...

When the MSM attacks increase it's ALWAYS right before a MAJOR story drop...
edit on 5-7-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

My THOUGHTS exactly...

I saw his POSTS where he was congratulating himself.

Wouldn't be HARD to figure out WHO he was.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So... cnn basically doxxed (or threatened to dox) a private citizen...(Which should be illegal)
Makes you wonder how far they are willing to go...

originally posted by: BestinShow
Think CNN just opened the door for chaos...

Now, anons everywhere will step it up a notch and terrorize their limp dick asses.

Well done assholes, you just declared war on the internet.

You don't mess with the hive...
why is CNN ... messing with the hive?
It's almost as if... they want corporate suicide...
oh well...

edit on th2017000000Wednesdayth000000Wed, 05 Jul 2017 13:59:21 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 05 Jul 2017 13:59:21 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join