It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love begets love. Let's stop the hate, and see one another with respect.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: allsee4eye

I would but I've been informed that having a family cookout on the 4th is horrible when there are starving people in the world.

What about installing for non-English-speakers all day long instead of me actually getting to celebrate our country?

I've been trying to figure out where that one falls for hours...

I have no love for anything right now and this thread is just ridiculous. I'm anti-Hillary but this was just...how do you say in English? Ah yes! Political baiting!

edit on 4-7-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Despite the context in which this took place, I can agree with your overall message.

More respect, more love...in general.

I can agree with that.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Reminds me somewhat of this scene from The Meaning of Life

That Donald Trump has a star on a sidewalk in Hollywood, is evidence that he's a main stream media personality. If he succeeds in turning everyone away from MSM then what? That star won't mean a thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I used to believe in karma and golden rule and treat others as you want to be treated.

It's another in a long line of lying fairy-tale BEE-ESH!

The world, the cosmos don't care about that. People are going to be @$$holes no matter what.

This is just wishful thinking on the part of the humans. The world is just rife with apathy and ambivalence.

You can be golden. Expect to become a doormat.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Love begets love. Let's stop the hate, and see one another with respect.

On ATS?

And in the mud pit?
🤔😒

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
This woman, supposedly a Trump fan, but I can't care less if she is or not, had the kind heart to kneel down and clean Trump's star with respect. This is how people should treat one another. With love and respect. Love is good for health. Hate is bad for health. They say. One apple a day keeps the doctor away. One smile a day keeps the doctor away. What's more. This woman's kind actions inspired other people do do the same for other stars on the walk. Respect to this woman.

uproxx.com...

It has nothing absolutely nothing with love. It has only an emotional attachment coming from the spirit of the heart that has no boundery of the emotional state of mind concerning a connection of the spiritual world of "I care for you".

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

I guess an alt right circle jerk can be construed as some kind of love fest. But like Nixon said about Bohemian grove....

edit on 4-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I used to believe in karma and golden rule and treat others as you want to be treated.

I disagree. Respect and civility can go a long way in helping you along your "journey". I cannot tell you the number of times I have gotten out of rough situations by simply being respectful.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I disagree. Respect and civility can go a long way in helping you along your "journey". I cannot tell you the number of times I have gotten out of rough situations by simply being respectful.

Can I tell you how many times being respectful, patient, and diplomatic meant nothing? Of course not.

Enjoy your time in the illusion of subjectivity. I understand, the truth is hard to swallow. So instead we hide behind our idyllic imaginations.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: introvert

Can I tell you how many times being respectful, patient, and diplomatic meant nothing? Of course not.

Enjoy your time in the illusion of subjectivity. I understand the truth is hard to swallow. So we hide behind our idyllic imaginations.

Of course there will be times that respect and civility will not work. That's a given and you have to be able to approach each situation accordingly.

What I am saying is that respect and civility can turn bad situations around when it could otherwise be, well, bad.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Humbleness. You can immediately tell when someone is humble. You can immediately tell when someone is not. Navigating the interactions with each is also quiet different.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

You are so right.

Respect and civility will engender more respect and more civility, just as snide, snotty remarks, negativity and insult will engender the same.

edit on 4-7-2017 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You're saying that if each of us reached out and adopted an ISIS pen-pal, the organization's heart would swell with love, like what happened to the GRINCH?

Sure, let's test your theory. Best to notify the FBI first, so you don't get jailed...or worse.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Humbleness. You can immediately tell when someone is humble. You can immediately tell when someone is not. Navigating the interactions with each is also quiet different.

I can agree with that as well.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well, okay, the OP's one example left him wide open for the nit pickers to come in and hijack the thread, but I'm sure many examples can be found to encourage cooperation and respect (I'm not going to say love because that word is WAY overused and most people say love for things like beer, sex, chocolate, foot rubs, irony, paychecks.......).

Respect the fact that people will feel differently than you. I would really like to see people stop the hate and violence.

Yeah, and people in hell want ice water. It's a lovely idea, philosophically speaking, but utterly unworkable right now because people's minds have gone off the deep end.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
Well, okay, the OP's one example left him wide open for the nit pickers to come in and hijack the thread, but I'm sure many examples can be found to encourage cooperation and respect (I'm not going to say love because that word is WAY overused and most people say love for things like beer, sex, chocolate, foot rubs, irony, paychecks.......).

Respect the fact that people will feel differently than you. I would really like to see people stop the hate and violence.

Yeah, and people in hell want ice water. It's a lovely idea, philosophically speaking, but utterly unworkable right now because people's minds have gone off the deep end.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I found this Inspirational. I wish someone would clean my star.

humor me.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

More proof of Genetic wars between the 2 species of humans inhabiting the planet - in fact, the ATS mudpit is proof of the r/K selection reality.

1. Retards will always be butthurt retards, they will always post anti-Trump retarded dribble because they are low-information r-selection humans (the rabbits) - they parrot MSM propaganda and believe it to be truth.

2. K-selection humans (the lions) will always encourage r-selections to continue being retards, this way, the K-selections can identify the r-selections (especially on ATS - especially in this thread) and note it down for future reference.

3. r-selection folk will have NO CLUE what I am talking about - none.

Or alternatively more proof of a self-proclaimed authority on nothing in particular throwing out mindless insults in order to make oneself either appear more intelligent, or intelligible, but as usual succeeding at nothing more than pleasing mindless acolytes with a special brand of inane jibber-jabber.
edit on 5-7-2017 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: network dude

Feel that love be getting love! Lol

I know, I'm all squishy inside now.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Roll up roll up! Tie-dye T-shirts, all colours and sizes $20. Space Brownies $10 and Magic Squares $5. Roll up, roll up.... New on our menu, a special, Star-Cleaning Polish, $25

Feel the lurve...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join