It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-71 getting a make over

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I thought you knew. They are all the tikabo peak fastmover that was seen. The Kingfish, brilliant buzzard, greenlady, sr72, blackswift, bright star, aroura, centennial, all of em!

Ok so maybe folks should stop trying to make whatever that was that was seen by the swiss guys fit in whatever "fastmover " of the week were interested in. Round pegs into square holes and all that. Its quite possible there are more than one "fastmover" out there.

Fun fact. Even though the swiss guys tikabo sighting couldnt possibly be all of the above. Heres something that actually is many different things at once. Brassica Olerasea. Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale....theyre all the exact same plant....literally the exact same plant. Google it!

edit on 9-7-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I will definitely look into that!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I don't think there is a list like that of fastmover out there , In my opinion The Green Girl and may be a new program with the SR-72, the Blackswit is the same thing. One or two not more , it need a lot of money to have just one high speed program so 3/4 its near impossible to find the money .

edit on 10-7-2017 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think there are a couple black programs that are already flying i.e Green Lady and Wichita.

But keep in mind that many companies need those government dollars to continue testing on platforms that may some day give us an edge over whoever the enemy may be.

Engineers are gonna look at data from projects that may not have fit a certain requirement at the time and see if they can come up with some thing they can work on. That's what they do.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
I don't think there is a list like that of fastmover out there , In my opinion The Green Girl and may be a new program with the SR-72, the Blackswit is the same thing. One or two not more , it need a lot of money to have just one high speed program so 3/4 its near impossible to find the money .

Yeah whatever happened to Blackswift after it went away is probably closely related to Lockheeds SR-72 promotion efforts.
But i dont think the Green Lady has anything to do with them. The impression i got is they build her in the early 2000s at best and (acc to Zaphod) shes based on an older design shelved a while back. Blackswift didnt show up until almost a decade later. There's a reason why the Lady uses ZipFuel. A operationally capable TBCC solution wasnt available when they build her...

Hiding the money is not difficult at all. I can point you to a dozen interessting classified AF PE Codes in the official budget documents before they put everything under PE99999 a couple of years back.
And a active strategic recon program would most likey be a NRO show anyway. Good luck researching their budget.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ok the SR-72 in fact will be a new generation with more complicate engine. If the Green Lady is a Platform operational since the early 2000 , it will be the good timing for the SR-72 to take the mission in 2030.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

I agree hiding the greenlady and her budgeting is easy to do.

I agree that i dont believe she came out of the blackswift program but is using an older platform that had been put into a windtunnel and changed a bunch.

I disagree with her using just a plain j58 type engine and boron. Boron wont create the color green in the maner thats been observed. Combined cycle turbines dont make sense and is a red herring. They are impractical on so many levels.

I say the greenlady and perhaps (likely) several others use a new turbine technology and its much more elegant, efficient and versatile than a cctb concept or zip fuel. The new technology is more like a system. It addresses and dovetails together many technologies and issues. Its really quite ingenious. Its also something i wont give any further hints or substancial information on.

But i will say that i feel youre underestimating the usa's technological timeline for black projects and the greenlady.

Finally i think that the lockheed depictions of the new "sr72" is actually a operational vehicle and is not the sr72 at all.

edit on 10-7-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
hey maybe we can solidify light into parts now and they are weightless but stronger than anything we have even seen and have no temperature threshholds.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well, having read the initial thread I don’t see how you’d rule out use of boron based zip fuels.
I havent observed her of course so I cant really comment on how the exhaust flame looks.

But I’d think depending on the exact chemical mixture various shades of green would be possible. ‘Doesn’t look exactly like boron burning on YT, therefore must be something else’ (or something similar) is a rather weak argument IMO.
I’m not generally opposed to the thought of more advanced or even exotic engine technology being researched in the US. Its entirely possible IMO, that much more advanced, maybe even magic-like stuff to the uninformed is being worked on.

But is also think, it’s a very, very steep climb from a theoretical research paper or even some proof of concept experiments to something resembling something remotely close to an operational capability. Just because it black world doesn’t mean its always cutting edge, point of the spearhead tech. Sometimes you just need stuff that works.
Meaning – and I might be wrong about this, but IMO they build the Green Lady because after 0911 they had an actual need for a strategic recon capability and the funds to do it. I really don’t believe there was an active strategic recon program after 8 years of Clinton cuts to the armed forces. It probably died during Bush I to be honest.

Anyway, you don’t use the most advanced technology outthere when there is an immediate capability requirement. You look at whats available today, not tomorrow and throw something together given the tools available to you in order to field an operational capability as soon as possible. Alongside this effort you start investing in more advanced technologies.

That’s how you end up with the Green Lady and the renewed effort into everything hypersonic on the high end. The Green Lady kinda like a Blackbird+ in most ways – very impressive but nothing earthshattering, just a leap in performance. Using Zip fuel is an obvious way to do this, it takes a understood technology - turboramjets - upgrade it with latest material technologies and the wonder fuel already researched decades ago and integrate it into an already used/researched but shelved design – comparatively low risk doable within a relatively short timeframe.
You don’t build an entirely new engine based on revolutionary technology and put it in an aircraft cell dreamed up decades ago. Makes no sense.

Anyway, regarding the SR-72, IMO they achieved a breakthrough with the TBCC engine (HSRFRV?) and are trying to rather aggressively market it. Why would it be a red hering? The Blackswift was all about TBCC, it went away, there was public talk about a follow on project and years later Lockheed campaigns hard for money to build a matured grey world TBCC demonstrator. Adds up.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

You make a lot of assumptions in your last post that is just plain flat out wrong.

I would spell it all out for you but out of respect for those who have asked me not to go any further with this topic in regards to hints i will not.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Green Lady is a new platform(2-4 year old) and I seriously doubt that it was flying in 90s or early 2000s.

The thing with black projects is that there are many ways to get to the final aircraft. A lot of time there are technology demonstrators build for specific testing. A good example here would be F-117 Companion which wasn't originally built for EW... but we know that it was used for it as other project later.

Technology demonstrators are build for specific purposes. After testing phase aircraft may be buried, putted as a storage in a museum(think Bird of Prey) or used for new technologies testing(like F-117 Companion now). Sometimes aircraft are retired and then starting flying again after few years etc.

SR-72 and Blackswift are different. It was stated in this thread few pages back. SR-72 is a kind of air vehicle that got a technology from the other demonstrator. If I understood it correctly, I would tell that technology that is used in SR-72 has been tested at least in the early 2000s.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Xb70 wasnt the only large supersonic aircraft flying back then as well.Im not suprised if the Hustler didnt evolve into something else.Also the A5 Vigilante is a contender at mach 2 as well as the F111.

edit on 10-7-2017 by Blackfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I shake head and dip out of thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Its quite possible there are more than one "fastmover" out there.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

There has to be. Between all the developers out there making their own versions and testing them. That wouldn't surprise me if Boeing, Lockheed, and the others all have their own versions of fast movers.
edit on 11-7-2017 by dzeleniak because: Misspelling because I was getting ahead of myself.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Certainly the common approach to high supersonic-hypersonic flight propulsion research using a combo of various engines is aesthetically unpleasant from various perspectives (weight, complexity, the need to carry different engines to transition through increasing speeds, intake and combustion issues with scramjets, etc)

If only one engine type (turbojet) could do the whole work it would be huge. The main problem has always been that pesky shockwave that it is necessary to keep out from entering the engine (work in supersonic turbines doesn't´t seem to progress), so maybe the answer lies in increasing the flow speed without generating shockwaves at those velocities, and one way that could be done is transforming the airstream running through the engine to the plasma state which has a higher sound speed, so no shockwave is generated.

Of course this would bring another interesting things.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I shake head and dip out of thread.

Hey did you liek the light parts joke i posted? WHere is FLYNN and the MCP when ya need em eh?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jacksonsman1
Oh, and when you mentioned some of the missing links to Blackswift, were you referencing the Fastmover spotted from Tikaboo?

Where are mentioned said missing links to Blackswift? It's real question because I can't find them in the thread..

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: DrBobH

There have been several successors to the sr71. All black.

Speedfanatic, I was referencing this post.

I guess, that I may have made a wrong assumption that Blackswift followed some other tech demonstrators or other Fastmovers that the military has built/utilized since the retirement of the SR-71. Blackswift then went dark for 10 years around 2007, when intelgurl made her sr-72 Blackswift thread. Now it's back again in the grey world as the SR-72. I'm just trying to make sense of the wonky timeline on this thing.

Unless, what you are implying is that, there are no missing links between the sr-71 and sr-72/blackswift. This is her direct replacement that is just now being bandied about a bit, but is fairly old tech. ( Seems unlikely to me due to intelgurl's excitement of seeing blackswift going from wgite to black back in 07')

Sorry if I seem ill informed or lost, I feel like I can't devote the time necessary to tie all the rabbit holes together and complete the research needed to keep up with the "hypothetical's" in the threads discussing the more grey/black stuff. I have deep passion for aviation, as my old man and his before are/were pilots, and I grew up running around Air Force installations. I took a different route and became a sailor ha. I don't want this dumb sailors ignorance or lack of knowledge to muddle any of these threads, some are to good, although it seems like a lot of the really good ones seem to die too soon. Might have to go back to lurking in the shadows.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join