It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-71 getting a make over

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I'm just this guy people won't leave alone.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hey i sell Zaphod stalker kits. PM me for details.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

F-117 Companion has nothing to do with 'Fastmover' seen from Tikaboo in 1999. Two unrelated projects.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
First , the USA SAC sent most of the SR71s to the recycle bin (museums and the like). Except for 2(?) that I believe they sold to NASA .
This is the rebirth of the SR71 as the SR72 . The next gen and no way resembles the previous SR71

The Lockheed signs used to sport a Valknut at some installations suggesting some kind of esoteric link to Norse mythology and potentially a Lockheed anagram was important. The new Lockheed Martin Logo sports two star points projecting from a shared common area. I tell my autistic friends that they should expect one of the two points to be neutered or else they might get drowned in the Rhine like old Siegfried.

Who knows what year Lockheed went black with the SR71?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for sharing, I have been lurking on ATS for awhile and your posts always intrigue me. Naturally curious as to your background. Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Once again, just pretty pictures, speculation about Wichita, Amarillo, the "Green Lady," etc., and Zaph still having to hold his cards close to his vest. Yawn.

edit; forgot Blackswift and Tikaboo Fastmover.
edit on 7-7-2017 by SonofaSkunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk
Wichita and Amarillo have real pictures , Green Lady and Blackswift are more on the speculate.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Blackswift was possibly the North Sea sighting.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Any other info on the green lady? Speculative drawings?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk
He has to be more then a truck driver !!!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dcsti22

You have a message.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
She's faster than the 71 but still air breather only. So likely not hypersonic.
She's bigger than the 71 and based on an older, shelved project. No relation to Kingfish or YF-23. My best guess is an upgraded XB-70 based on the third prototype they never finished.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Why do you think shes not hypersonic. out of curiosity.

Also i agree with your assessment about her not being kingfish or yf23 varient.
edit on 8-7-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight
She's faster than the 71 but still air breather only. So likely not hypersonic.
She's bigger than the 71 and based on an older, shelved project. No relation to Kingfish or YF-23. My best guess is an upgraded XB-70 based on the third prototype they never finished.

They have hypersonic missiles that are air breathers so it snot a stretch to have a air breather.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Based on the orignial thread i dont think she uses anything besides an upgraded ramjet design to handle zip fuel. If its a super efficient design it can probably push Mach 6 for a time but ramjets just dont do hyerpsonic. And Scramjet tech just isnt there yet, They can barely make it work today, let alone in the late nineties.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

My money has always been on a heavily-tweaked J57 variant that uses some sort of zip fuel to stave off flameouts so that it can fly at 100k feet or more where the air is thin enough that the turbo-ramjet architecture can handle decelerating and burning intake air that's coming in at Mach 4+ speeds. I'd imagine the thinner air also helps with airframe temperature management.

It's basically taking the same principles that allowed the SR-71 to cruise faster than Concorde did by flying higher and in thinner air, and pushing it as far as materials science and fuel formulations will allow.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

B-70 REPORT
a reply to: mightmight trying to post the final report on the B-70. Do not know how I agree something happened with all the major structural members from ship 3

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have a doubt about the real possibility of the scramjet, if its possible to go mach 4+ with a J-57 like engine it may be a waste of money to try going mach 6 with the difficult scramjet technology and combined cycle, if it work well on a Green Lady aircraft Why going on a more difficult way ?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you sir!

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Appreciate it. The 71 is my favorite air frame after the A10
I was lucky enough to see one do a flyover at an airshow in Oshkosh Wi back in '89 and have been in awe ever since.

Last time I was at Edwards AFB I was finally able to see one up close again. Love it and can't wait to see what else is flying around up there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join