It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-71 getting a make over

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: DrBobH

There have been several successors to the sr71. All black.

I guess that is what I was getting at last night haha, this Blackswift timeline is kind of funny to me. Don't get me wrong, still excited to see it coming to light! I'm with penroc though and was wondering if the global climate is getting to a place (North Korea) where Wichita might pop up again?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jacksonsman1

Wichita is not the green lady.

But it would be cool if a few photos of some unforseen aircraft popped up to give china something to worry about.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Wichita is not the green lady.

But it would be cool if a few photos of some unforseen aircraft popped up to give china something to worry about.

I didn't think it was and here I am de-railing a thread with a Wichita comment haha, I had been debating posting in Wichita to bump it thinking we might get lucky from aircraft enthusiast point of view, and catch a glimpse again. My apologies....

I'm looking forward to digging in to that windshield stuff that previous poster was talking about. sounds Interesting!

Oh, and when you mentioned some of the missing links to Blackswift, were you referencing the Fastmover spotted from Tikaboo?
edit on 5-7-2017 by Jacksonsman1 because: Added a late thought

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Theres been a few aircraft to replace the blackbird over the years. Thats all ill say.

But we like wichita. Nothing wrong with bumping that thread. Any speculation on what she is.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Green Lady is a civil girl i think.ADVENT is for larger airframes I thought.Im waiting to see where Magjet goes.

The Magjet issue is interesting. The last iteration of this tech in the open is this patent:hyperdrive

Here the h-magjet combines with a rocket to enable suborbital capabilities, all cycles combined in one engine.
It´s funny that Hypermach´s site has gone black about the same time of Lockheed´s announcement:hypermach.com...

Richard Lugg has done an update of the Hyperstar program via teleconference in the FastForward project:www.fastforwardproject.com...
Has anybody a hint of what was said in it?

This engine appears to be the same that is named Hyscram in Lugg´s Linkedin:www.linkedin.com...

All said it seems to me that for Hyperstar to fly the USAF will be showing something faster, sooner.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Engine programs..
SABRE Hybrid
ADVENT Hybrid
MAGJET S Tech
Didnt ADVENT go to PW or am I thinking it was SABRE?
Anyway I would think things would start escalating over NK when we see Wichita flying near Japan.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Blackfinger because: tag

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fastmover

That Hypermach engine looks awesome. Hadn't seen that one yet, or if I did, got lost in the jumble of all my catching up in the aeronautical world.... was sailing to long. So many "potential" advancements to wrap the head around. It's been hard to get the pieces together with all the beating around the bush that goes on here ha! I had seen Advent and Sabre though, awesome as well!

That's an awesome list as well Blackfinger. Not sure what is faux pas around here dealing with this kind of tech, and what gets you a knock on the door; but, another idea I had was to make separate threads for engine tech. Such as what engines and tech would fit with fastmovers. Another for what would work with sub-sonic platforms. I know a lot of you veterans already have that knowledge though. Sort of an inside-out approach for people that haven't been steeped in this world as long as y'all have been. Just have some questions on how much you are actually allowed to string this stuff together...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Fastmover

interesting read.

MHD has always intrigued me, interesting how they are using it for sure.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Why NK or China will be afraid by the Wichita ?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

I didnt say that. Another poster did. Wichita isnt the green lady.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yeah a thread about turbine development would be cool. But expect a few members to be a bit quiet and taking a back seat on the thread. Not commenting much.

Engine developments can get a bit touchy of a subject if the threads getting too close to the truth. A lot of secrets to protect in that arena.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sorry Bass Its not you I make a mistake in my read
I don't understand why taking time and money to build a Lockheed FRV demonstrator if something like the Green Lady is out there ? Its in the same mission ?
edit on 6-7-2017 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2017 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Think of some of the platforms out there as tech demonstrators that overlap in capability. Some tech can be applied to the other, and vice versa, even though their designs are quite different..Sometimes different platforms can test things that have a different priority than the other.

Engine/fuel technology for high supersonic (not to be confused with hypersonic) speeds took quite a leap in the late 1980's..I don't use the word breakthrough often, but it can be considered such. The natural progression of those operations has borne quite a bit of fruit that the public enthusiasts are just now starting to see, even though a lot of it has been around a while. That's the extent of what I'll say about it, so don't blow up my inbox!

BTW..The Wichita bird is totally unrelated to what this thread is about..

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EBJet

Wichita is one of those threads that made me want to laugh and cry. There was a "no, seriously, this is what it is" post, followed by a "that can't be right" and the debate is still going on.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Been watching Zaphod for a while now. My guess is he is in defense contracting/military/intelligence. He is certainly not a hobbyist, that is for sure.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Sorry, I meant to give you a serious answer but forgot. I've talked about my background a few times so it's no big deal. I grew up on Air Force flightlines. My first visit out there was at 5 or 6, and my last at 31. I went from sitting in the truck watching, safely out of the way, to sitting in the FE seat calling engine starts on engine runs, or sitting in the left seat doing gear retractions, or a hundred other things, all hands on. That's in addition to reading everything I can get my hands on, which I still do to this day.
edit on 7/6/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EBJet
For what the Wichita is , surely it must be something interesting , its perfect triangular shape make something very different , but I stay more passionate by the futur high speed aircraft like the "may be" futur SR-72, the SR-71 is still the reference.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jacksonsman1

Oh, and when you mentioned some of the missing links to Blackswift, were you referencing the Fastmover spotted from Tikaboo?

Veery good question, mate!

Zaph, is "Fastmover" seen from Tikaboo in 1999 discussed in any of the posts here in this thread?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

There was lots of interest in Area 51 and specifically the Inn after the X files aired "dreamland" December 6, 1998 on Fox in the United States and Canada. The first issue of the "desert rat" made the internet on Jan. 18, 1994.
Was the "Fastmover" a result of the increased number of Tikaboo visitors?
The U2 flew out of Johnsons farm back in the 50's and there were plenty of faster planes flying by the 60's at the latest.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
One reason I did the list is try unfuse the confusion in regard to platforms.Fastmover isnt Wichita or Green Lady.Someone was pointing towards F1117 companion for Fastmover but I,m not convinced as thats reported as being F117 shape but bigger and more elongated.
Zaph isnt the Messiah hes just a very naughty boy..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join