It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we in a second Cold War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I've been wondering about this for a while:

Are we in a Second Cold War with Russia, China, and/or North Korea?

All the spying, hacking, and underhanded aggression is very reminiscent of the Cold War.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Hearing various people on USA news, often calling those countries "enemies" is also giving it a very icy feeling.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
For certain circles on earth the first cold war never stopped, they need that feeling to live like a vampire needs blood to survive.
And because certain nations need wars, because of their problems at home.
That´s why we are where we are, with that cold war thingy.

It´s not a peoples thing, it´s a ceratin circles thing!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I noticed today that the MSM News is all about Korea and its missle launch and then talk of problems with Russia/China, etc. It makes me a bit nervous because the MSM is quite capable of talking the sheeple into a war, as in Iraq. And Trump is so unstable, there's no saying how he might react to some MSM hit piece about him being cowardly on N. Korea or some such perceived enemy.

And then of course, there's little doubt the US is in the "Cold War" stage of a near Civil War, or perhaps better put, a Cultural Civil War. Its going to be a very long 4 years.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

It´s not a peoples thing, it´s a ceratin circles thing!

War for the US is now just a business. Profit on blood and death....follow the money.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22423428]CryHavoc[/post

Yes and Russia makes our military look like its old school. Russia has been beefing up their non nuke bombs, along with their nukes, and ground gear. They are a generation ahead of the U.S.

I read an ATS'R say that we would bring Russia to its knees. Uh, no.

www.washingtonpost.com... rm=.0e7eb79b4f10
www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Nah.. par for the course for all of history.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

The US and Russia in a war brings the species to our knees.....best case.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

No...the 1st Cold War never stopped. This is just an obvious upswing with what we hear about now due to all the advances in news gathering, social media and communications, all developed within the last 20-some years.

Same Cold War.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Yes and Russia makes our military look like its old school. Russia has been beefing up their non nuke bombs, along with their nukes, and ground gear. They are a generation ahead of the U.S.

www.ibtimes.com...

A paragraph within your link:

Does this mean that the Russian army is superior to ours? No, not at all. If we fought the Russians today, we would win. Ours is a highly trained force of half a million soldiers. Two-thirds of Vladi­mir Putin’s 800,000 soldiers are one-year conscripts whose fighting skills are questionable. The Russian air force is also no match for ours. But the Ukrainian experience tells us that the cost in blood of any such contest would be high.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No, the US is in no position to be in a Cold War with Russia, China and North Korea. Faux Fox News.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't believe we are in a cold war. Although, establishment Democrats & establishment Republicans (career politicians in general) would have one think otherwise. I see the superpowers at be as coaches of teams made up of smaller nations or parts of smaller nations, like in Syria. The superpowers no longer fight each other directly. They now fight each other through proxy wars over natural resources & pipelines to deliver those resources. If Russia & the USA weren't fighting over pipelines in Syria, we could eliminate our common enemy ISIS much faster. This is also why The USA sells weapons to countries like Saudi Arabia. If we don't sell them weapons, then Russia will & might also gain closer ties with them. Imo, China may potentially be our biggest problem. China benefits from our materialistic appetite for cheap goods. If our economy fails causing China's to fail or if China's economy fails because of less manufacturing done there, we might see another proxy war between N. Korea & S. Korea and/or Japan. China is the newest superpower & might behave unpredictably compared to Russia. Imo, N. Korea is China's wild card.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

www.ibtimes.com...

Your horribly mistaken, Russia nor China has caught up to us. Technologically or in shear numbers of fire power.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
To the OP. No, we are not in a second Cold War.

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx
Your horribly mistaken, Russia nor China has caught up to us. Technologically or in shear numbers of fire power.

Caught up with who? The defence budget and military capability is dwarfed by NATO and even Europe without the US. China has a few million soldiers trained for internal repression. Neither country can project power.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
To the OP. No, we are not in a second Cold War.

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Caught up with who? The defence budget and military capability is dwarfed by NATO and even Europe without the US. China has a few million soldiers trained for internal repression. Neither country can project power.

The USA, europe i dont think can handle a war, theyre about to be nothing but a muslim nation in 10 to 20 years having the same issues as the middle east.
edit on 4-7-2017 by xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
According to Donald Dump we need more nukes.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yes! and we can thank Obama and Hillary Clinton for that

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hard to say. You can't rely on the press to tell you anymore. We just got out of the years of "The 1980s called and it wants its foreign policy back." So we weren't in one ... until now suddenly we are.

So did we never leave it really and the press was just covering for Obama or have we been out of one for a while and now it's convenient to drag in the Russian boogeymen to make everyone afraid of Trump?

I refuse to believe that foreign policy and the state of the world has really swung all that quickly.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Still don't think we're in another Cold War?

new topics

top topics

join