It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No July fourth threads, good wishes or acknowledgements?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argentbenign
a reply to: nwtrucker

People in America generally have little research interest beyond North America/Mexico. Even the ones who travel a lot could be still with their "American Thinking" for ages. United States of America is a War-Machine on the Corporate scene and an usurper, con artist as well. The only reason they "help other countries" is to sell their coca-cola there. How many countries you've "helped" already. Not less than 50 on my record. Now go and ask in each of this countries a random historians/economists at any random university what they think about America. Just go and ask, the people will tell you the painful truth. Your government is caring only about their own interest... and this is fine by me, until you start saying that what they do(have done) it's in mine or somebody else's interest.

Just hilarious...

But I am not saying all Americans are stupid, actually quite a lot of them are aware of the facts I pointed at, maybe you should drink some Tennessee with few of them in some local truly American bar and let your own neighbors disillusion you from the unnecessary pride.

And just for the record, I ain't saying Europeans are better than US. The same game goes there as well...

Yes, very little interest in world history in the U.S..A price of freedom is the option to remain ignorant and the U.S. has, per force, more of it than any! I agree. Fortunately, things rarely run on popularity or consensus.

I'd agree on military actions, in general, as well. I would have nothing to do with the ME, Europe in general, at all, if I had my druthers.

As less than 2% of the continent's population actually took part in the revolution of 1776- the rest were loyalists or more likely, more interested in having sufficient food supplies to survive the next winter- popularity has little to do with events, positive or otherwise.

In my defense of the U.S. and, to me, it's obviously far more good than bad effects, the flaws are obvious and things have turned to the worse of late. I pointed out some rather obvious and largely unspoken positives that your-and our- academics in their diatribes fail to observe.

There is a backlash to the recent trend, however, both in the U.S. and in Europe. We would reverse the trend. I dislike being the world's policeman. It Is expensive and costly. I would, however, return the control of that force to individuals that put OUR interests first and make decisions with more 'balanced' views. Incremental improvement is all I ask. The U.S. will never be perfect at it. There IS no one to replace the U.S. in that role, however. I do wish there was one!

There is a sliver of hope yet remaining that things will turn around. I honestly see none for the EU.

My motive is based on my daughter and my grandchildren's lives. Their future. Otherwise? .........

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker There's future for America, bit it must pass the turn of the wheel, metaphorically said. I really hope the people (how many are you, like 200 Million) mange to live through that "economic pole shift" and take the country in their own hands. That way it's gonna turn to be a great country, the one if was planned to be, but never really happened. All the good wishes to your grand children. They may need some help. We need someone to take the government of this country out it the shadow, otherwise many will still suffer. Mainly from corporal stupidity.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join