It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for a correction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sheeze-------------------------------- such Gloom & Doom

i'm buying stocks... the Stocks of Merging Monopolies-to-be... two I own are the RAI-BAT merger (two tobacco giants)
and two Chemical giants DOW-DD.... this is the wave-of-the-future which will radically change the buy-sell factors o the Stock Market (and the ability of stock entities to survive the 'Debt Compounding Crisis' that will decimate the other 90% of the stocks in the DOW/S&P/NASDAQ

keep your heads about yourselves... or I will be buying your ill-timed shorts for a giant discount

think about Microsoft merging with Oracle then Adobe
think about Amazon merging with a bevy of brick-&-mortar-Stores like Sears/K-Mart/Macy...
think about ATT merging with Comcast/Spectrum/Netflix

[of particular interest will be the Amazon buying spree--- see the factor behind that move will be the 'killing' of the Long-Distance-Truck-delivery system now in place, as multiple, short distance truck movement of merchandise will be Desired...]

there are scores if not hundreds of mergers that will change the dynamics of the NYSE real soon... so beware the claims of Doom-Sters

look for the Silver futures to be constricted for our lifetimes... why... because the Drones & Cruise Missiles require 10's of pounds of the excellent electrical properties of Silver (Ag) to keep them bombs flying

Sheeze.... I ain't dissing ya'll...i'm just shaking your shoulder as you sleep

edit on th31149921084904272017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Haha... Its not all doom and gloom. I did suggest looking at stocks that will tend to do better under such conditions than others. Which is exactly what you are trying to do. What is better or worse may be a little different this time around than what would have been considered historically due to some newer constraints not present in past downturns. But the effect of those constraints is an unknown. I also made a nod to the people who try to perfectly time the buys and sells of volatility. I don't try to play that game with massive swings. Its too unpredictable. Someone somewhere will strike it rich but that wealth will come at the expense of someone else who timed it poorly.

Worst case scenario would be something akin to Wiemar, Germany. It is not impossible to imagine it happening here. But I think that is too extreme at this time. I fully expect it to take place sooner or later. But I don't see it happening today.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

oh yeah... you had a great post.... but going forward It's all about presenting a new 'twist' to the stock-market paradigm

just like the new 'wrinkle' was Quantatative Easing that kept the Markets interesting enough for the buyers to not Turn-Their-Backs on the USD and (fully recognized) 'manipulated Markets' funded by the Fed Reserve that allowed the PPT & the handful of TBTF banks to create 500-1 Naked Shorts on every Precious Metal Future available And to fund the secret bailout of their own Balance Sheet some $12 Trillion-in-the-Red...

but conversely creating possibly 2 each, Trillion Dollar, market Cap Corporations in the highly oversold DOW @ over $21,400.oo

the overpriced DOW / NYSE needs some instant innovation & quickly... That's why I suggest that Fascist-Monopolistic mega Mergers will be the new trend to maintain consumer/investor confidence in the bubble stocks & just exactly how the new business model (at one time forbidden & outlawed) will keep the world investor class fixated on Wall Street as the only 'Safe' venue available as the governments in the industrial sphere become Technocracies...(Fascist Dystopias)

I would ramble on but I am starting to bore myself at this time ...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The downturn will be gradual as thick syrup.
After years of QE it is time for QT (quantitative tightening)
Rate hikes mean that borrowing costs will rise, hence it will become somewhat less atractive to borrow for investments.

Deficits must be reduced in order to avoid downgrades from the rating agensies, so there will be a push to raise taxes and cut spending across the board.

This is like a brake on growth, hence it must be done carefully because spending cuts are a two sided knife in that less money in circulation also means less revenue for the state.

After the Trump bump, a correction is to be epected, however i personally think we will see the value of the dollar go down and the stockmarket at the same level as it is today by the end of the year.

The big threat in my opninion is protectionism, trade tarifs will harm trade and greatly increase prices for the consumers.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I hear what you are saying. Not to beat a dead horse, but yeah, capitalism will have to be retooled if it is going to survive. Merging mega-corps are a means to an end, but not one that the average guy will ever really benefit from. Banks and corporations already run pretty much everything. Or at least they have a hand in it. Merging them together giving them nearly endless resources and control of regulation...well, thats not just putting the wolf in charge of the hen house thats plucking and cooking the hens and serving them on a platter...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Is this what we mean when we say "globalization"?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

That is why we have elections.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Is this what we mean when we say "globalization"?

Partly. The term is euphemistic.

More like Corporatocracy, where corporations rule. I just heard the other day Apple has 'reserves of 250 billion, more than the UK and Canada combined'. In practice, importing engineers from abroad brings with it the influx of families and their relations. While the highly educated and trained professional engineers and programmers speak good english and overall, abide by the rules, their families less so. Creating a multi cultural atmosphere where they families themselves don't mix or assimilate, but form their own minor communities within the community. There they remain asian or Indian, take over neighborhoods and shops catering to themselves exclusively.

You've heard of the term "Chinatown", like that. The demographic has been slowly changing over the years (this is after all, silicon valley) but recently has changed dramatically. Now when I drive along main street I pass rows of shops that have foreign language signs, if you go inside, the labeling and prices are in Chinese and the clerks don't speak english.

Strange the way products sold in America in American stores have instruction manuals with ten languages to cover every base, but these what I call foreign town shops don't have to have english equivalent. In my home town.

I know because I dumpster dive, find chinese artifacts, clothing, whatever and try to sell them to these places. When I go to flea markets theres many stalls that sell watches, buddah statues and asian music or cheap clothes, and merchants are barking hi prices, might as well be buying at full retail...

My old hi school is all full dress code asians, the yards in my old hood are overgrow with weeds, the boulevards look unkempt, the paint is peeling, the cars in the driveway look like they never get washed.

google result

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Mmmmm...we really need to uplift our rural counties somehow. I think rich foreigners would prefer city life. And they can pay lots of taxes.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Mmmmm...we really need to uplift our rural counties somehow. I think rich foreigners would prefer city life. And they can pay lots of taxes.

Rich foreigners prefer their own culture.

I mean I visited foreign countries before, stayed in Germany for twelve weeks once, almost learning the language. I overjoyed meeting people from back home, but I also understood if I became a denizen I would want to assimilate, behave by their rules and adopt their culture to some extent. Not form my own little foreign country in their country...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I don't see it stopping do you? That is my point, reclaiming rural America with railroads and jobs and schools. Spread out again rather than gathering on the coasts. Americans have a culture too. Like minded people formed small communities but understood that we all were governed by the same set of laws, the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I don't see it stopping do you? That is my point, reclaiming rural America with railroads and jobs and schools. Spread out again rather than gathering on the coasts. Americans have a culture too. Like minded people formed small communities but understood that we all were governed by the same set of laws, the Constitution.

I want to move from here, too. Currently stuck. Agreed about constitution, when I talk to neighbors about US foreign policy, police or rights, they get that 'foreign look' . They know they better obey every law ... or face deportation.

perfect minions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join