It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for a correction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

I'm going by the pattern. I have been through 6 officially claimed recessions since I entered the workforce 1968.

68-70 Richard Nixon
73-75 Gerald Ford
80-82 Carter/Reagan
90-91 Bush
00-01 Clinton/Bush
The Great Recession
07-09 Bush
Obama
Trump, it's his turn.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I sincerely hope that there is at least some semblance of a plan in the works to build a new financial system, should this actually happen. I feel for those who have outstanding debt. I don't even own one credit card. I've never trusted credit companies much...I'd rather save up for something pricey that I want than owe pretend money to someone else plus interest.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: havok

What governs the universe so it doesn't wipe itself out? Laws. What governs us so we don't wipe each other out? Laws. Lawmakers matter. Being self sufficient is a romantic idea but a stupid one and will not protect your families. We came out of the forests and grew wheat because we were hungry.
Even people who live in the Alaskan Bush have to find civilization to get what they need to stay alive. Like a dentist.

Just to minimize space and time, laws have worked sooo well in Chicago, New York, Kalifornia, and...
And look how well the lawmakers are doing in Washington DC.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I always find it amusing when people blame the president but seem to think congress (the people that actually write the laws that screw with our lives) apparently is free and clear of blame...

From korea till mid 90s the democrats almost always controlled congress..

Also a president that has only been in office about 6 months is not responsible (good or bad) for the actual real economy... they are completely at the mercy of the congress that came before them. (this does not include the stock market, the stock market moves on hopes dreams and unicorn farts quite often)

I have also read that Ron Paul feels the correction is coming soon as well... it was always going to happen.. it did not matter who won the presidency... till congress is fixed a major correction was inevitable.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No lessons were learned from 2008's housing crash. Big banks took their bail out money then paid themselves huge bonuses going about their business as usual. Bespoke Tranche Opportunities are currently finishing off what 2008's crash left on the table making sure to lick plates clean this time leaving no crumbs or monetary residue.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 4-7-2017 by MaestroMind because: Double post

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MaestroMind

Yup... and when the next occurs they will get bailed out again...

To big to fail will probably be what finally ends our country.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I have posted on more than a few occasions about the economy in general and more specifically the correction that is coming in the market.

We all know the correction is coming this year in the September-October 2017 time-frame. It's written in the stars, and in the historical cycles of market price movements.

But, is the correction a time to "sell", or a time to "buy" ?

Everything goes in cycles.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The Constitution is law. Can't be helped that stupid voters don't hold their representatives accountable.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Violater1

The Constitution is law. Can't be helped that stupid voters don't hold their representatives accountable.

Constitution might be law, but it's not a natural law, it doesn't enforce itself.

We The People must enforce the laws we create by ourselves.

If you're not enforcing the laws you believe in, then you have no right to protection under that law.

Don't leave the work of enforcement to others, each citizen must himself or herself rise up, seize his or her responsibility, and make sure everybody follows the law.

Otherwise, the Constitution is just a piece of paper, rotting slowly under the glass of the showcase.

Words are worthless until they become deeds.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Historically speaking September/October are not great times for the market. No secret there. Is that all the impetus needed to start a tumbledown cycle? I don't know yet. I have a feeling no matter how obvious it will be in retrospect this one is going to catch most people, myself included, off guard to some degree. No matter how much you expect it or plan for it the moment it happens is always a bit of a surprise.

As for buy or sell, that depends on what markets are hit hardest and why. After the real estate bubble popped many people bought real estate. Some did well and still are. Others for example bought in Illinois. Now they are having a very hard time selling at break even prices because more people are moving out of the state then there are moving in.

Something will always be golden, even if its not gold itself. There is always a commodity that does well. It just depends on what sectors are hit hardest and what sectors recover first.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I sincerely hope that there is at least some semblance of a plan in the works to build a new financial system, should this actually happen. I feel for those who have outstanding debt. I don't even own one credit card. I've never trusted credit companies much...I'd rather save up for something pricey that I want than owe pretend money to someone else plus interest.

There's a plan alright- digital only currency. Credit cards for all. No way to pay for anything without the central government knowing exactly how much you spent, and where you spent it.

Problem is, people still have freedom- have to take that away first, make them think they need the government. What better way than to put more than half the population into large cities, then let the system collapse so that cities become death traps.
Then the government can step in and offer a solution to the problem they created.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yup... and when the next occurs they will get bailed out again...

To big to fail will probably be what finally ends our country.

I don't think so. I see something totally different happening in this next crash. Americans are not that dense to allow banks to rob them at gunpoint. 2008's ripoff came from pure greed. This time eyes are wide open with caution.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Its not the people that will make it happen... it will be something done in congress behind closed doors for "national security" reasons attached to a bill they are not allowed to read... and about 2 years later the people will find out the truth.

the entire thing can happen without the president ever once getting a briefing on it.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Then why are so many foreigners, especially the Chinese, buying American property?

Russians too. Big time.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Could be different, but when you replace metals with fiat currency, then its inevitable.

Unless we drag the banksters kicking and screaming into the street...

The advice I give to investors in precious metals is to hold some small percentage of their total wealth there to balance their assets.

All eggs in one basket is always a bad idea.

Too bad I didn't know 911 was coming, gold shot up afterwards. It always does after a world class event.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

It matters not what the American people want.

If I remember correctly a huge majority of people did not want the ACA. Guess what happened.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Then why are so many foreigners, especially the Chinese, buying American property?

The technology in Silicon valley for one, particularly Apple. Apple is building their headquarters here, the growing population of Chinese and Indians in my old home town is reaching saturation levels.

Apple produces its computers n China, since they moved their headquarters here the influx is steady. I hardly recognize the place I grew up.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

a reply to: havok

You and I are the government. When natural disasters happen, we run to it to help. I'm pretty sure without our government and its military, we would have been over taken by now, like we did the natives here.

I'm afraid your government....and ours made grave errors for 41 years of nuclear testing again and again and again, even though all the dangers were known, and still they went ahead with the madness playing the 'cold war' game. Nearly a thousand underground tests in Nevada, and all that radiation which is not just sitting there, it is migrating, never mind that trillions of gallons of water was contaminated directly at the time, but the assholes just kept banging away, yet and all, this is really only being evaluated now. Of course water is a major key in the economy of an area, but in that area, no one is allowed to use the water as a source or make wells, not even any clean water, in case doing that would accelerate the movement of contaminated water. It is, in my mind, a huge problem in just one part of the US, never mind all the industrial pollution that was allowed to happen for years all over the place. Growth, can only come about by a completely new ethos on how things are done, and it has to be something nationwide, however even now, there is a Federal government that wants to de-regulate, turn back the clock now, and that is just plain crazy. As the OP says, you can forget about money in the bank, you may as well stick it under the mattress, years ago that was a bad expression, it isn't now..anyway the high street banks are disappearing fast in case anybody hasn't noticed. Down the road too, the big corporates along the corporate banks will be done, along the with the clever legalise that made you a number, not a person. It'll take a while though.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You just keep tilting at that windmill huh?
Have you forgotten that the Democrats were in charge for the last 8 years? That we are 20 trillion in debt and they didn't do a damn thing to help that? You want to keep pointing fingers at Trump and Conservatives but conveniently forget that Obama and the Democrats were at it for almost a decade, with all their of "free" stuff and the debt just kept piling up.
Well, we're seeing just how "free" it all really is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join