It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Grenfell Tower Videos That Are Worth Watching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
First a meeting.

A statement in this video that interests me is, "You have people that have language barriers that do not understand this".

One of my regrets is not making the effort to learn Welsh when I was living in Wales. I now realise that was arrogant and lazy of me. It's bound to upset a lot of people to say it but anyone moving to an area where the main language is not the one they speak will have to make the effort to learn that language or face difficulties. It's tough, but as the saying goes, 'Life's tough then you die'.

Now Windows On The World. The comments for this video are worth looking at before making a knee-jerk comment.

I haven't paid much attention to Windows On The World before but he held my attention with this one. The reason I think this video is worth watching is my personal experience suppports much of what he says.

5:50 in this video. "They're using a technique called Delphi Technique . . . " It's essential to learn about the Delphi Technique if you have any interest in group meetings.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I didn't know about the Delphi Technique, or how this Grenfell Tower was related to Agenda 21 but that 2nd video especially was informative. Thanks for sharing... this seems like a very important topic that needs to stay in the limelight

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Kester

I didn't know about the Delphi Technique, or how this Grenfell Tower was related to Agenda 21 but that 2nd video especially was informative. Thanks for sharing... this seems like a very important topic that needs to stay in the limelight

Agenda 21 involves moving the national populations into high density cities so that the surrounding land can be returned to nature and the effects of human civizilisation removed. Examples would include not building sea defences and abandoning villages close to areas with coastal erosion, not dredging the riverbanks upstream of rivers like the Thames and just letting nature take its course. The side effects of all this is that villages are flooded every year with the intention that the residents are forced to relocate, allowing that land to return to nature. It was only with political campaigns that highlighted this that the dredging was performed again. This then pushed the flashflood downwater into London.

At the same time, within London, the water companies sold off the various holding pond reservoirs (used to contain any flash floods) to property developers to build luxury apartments. These flood plain areas were converted into parks surrounding these developments. When these flood, the councils have to go around reassuring property owners that this is perfectly normal and that their homes won't sink into the ground.

The other thing holding back property prices in London is crime. And that always goes back to high-rise tower blocks. It was the same in other cities. Look at a map of post-code regions in any city and colour them in by insurance rates (also by post-code) and you would see that anywhere near a tower-block had a higher rate of vandalism, burglary and car theft. That happened regardless of what ethnic group lived there. So there's an itch by councils to get rid of these tower blocks whatever way they can.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Not convinced by the "Delphi Technique" stuff. It's fairly reasonable to have options for local councillors to choose between and cast votes for or against. Otherwise nothing would ever get done, because councillors are usually not experts. And this has been the way council meetings have been run for over a century, whereas the Delphi Technique was invented in the 1950s.

The Delphi Technique in and of itself isn't particularly sinister, either. It's essentially anonymised polling among experts, and was intended as a way of encouraging rational decision-making without the risk of group dynamics arising among participants.

Theoretically, yes, the Delphi Technique could be subverted - and people being what they are, it has probably happened quite a few times - but it would be complicated and unwieldy.

The presenter of that windows on the world video is arguing that because council meetings involve voting on options, they are being run according to the Delphi Technique. Which is like calling a horse and cart a Ferrari because they've both got four wheels.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It sounds like Clinton Foundation is running the relief efforts for Grenfell survivors.
What a mess. I tend to believe what the guy in the 2nd video says about Agenda 21 because the council estates are being taken over by government/corporate interests. The ramifications end up being impossible to own property and everything will be rental at high prices, eliminating cars forcing everyone to use public transport etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Here is what the UN itself says about how "Agenda 21" is being put into practice in the United Kingdom.

TL;DR - it's all about agriculture, nitrate-based fertilisers, and preservation of fragile wildlife ecosystems.

Agenda 21 is a fine sinister-sounding name, if you're in the business of claiming sinister things, but the "21" refers to the 21st Century. The 'Agenda' as such is preserving the natural environment.

What I think the guy in the video is doing is picking out the fact that Agenda 21 in the UK covers watercourse management (i.e., looking after rivers), deciding (but not even attempting to demonstrate) that this means it is actually a cover-story for flooding rural areas, and then going even further and claiming that it's all a plot to do something even more extraordinary.

He's suffering from a bad case of "Hurricane Katrina Envy," in (of course) my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

That's only if you believe that Agenda21 is in our best interests. I won't hold my breath.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I think it is probably benign and well-intentioned, but isn't sufficiently robust (in a legal sense) to prevent big business from shoehorning their own wishlists and invoices into the various projects that Agenda 21 envisions.

Capitalists gonna capitalise.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

There in lies the problem. Big business is going to be all over it. None of this is going to happen overnight and people are becoming more and more aware of it which hopefully can be a good thing. As always, time will tell but my doom-o-meter is measuring quite high about all of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This the end result of you comminist country. Poor housing.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
Here is what the UN itself says about how "Agenda 21" is being put into practice in the United Kingdom.

TL;DR - it's all about agriculture, nitrate-based fertilisers, and preservation of fragile wildlife ecosystems.

Agenda 21 is a fine sinister-sounding name, if you're in the business of claiming sinister things, but the "21" refers to the 21st Century. The 'Agenda' as such is preserving the natural environment.

What I think the guy in the video is doing is picking out the fact that Agenda 21 in the UK covers watercourse management (i.e., looking after rivers), deciding (but not even attempting to demonstrate) that this means it is actually a cover-story for flooding rural areas, and then going even further and claiming that it's all a plot to do something even more extraordinary.

He's suffering from a bad case of "Hurricane Katrina Envy," in (of course) my humble opinion.

You need to understand how rivers work. As silt builds up, the speed of the river slows down, reducing the flood capacity of the river. So the traditional solution for centuries is to dredge the river and dump the silt at the sides of the river, where it dries out and is absorbed into the soil.

But Nitrates and other farm chemicals tend to accumulate in the silt of rivers. After signing up to the EU green policies, the Environmental Agency requires that landlowners seek permission from them before dredging is performed, and that the dredged silt is treated as "toxic waste" and disposed of accordingly. So landowners weren't prepared to go through that bureaucracy and expense, and left nature to take its course. When there was extreme rain, the villages flooded.

notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com...
www.express.co.uk...

When the EU gets involved with dredging of rivers:

ec.europa.eu...
www.european-dredging.eu...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcellYou need to understand how rivers work.

Do I? Oh, OK.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Great link. Ten past seven this morning and I was learning more than I expected.
notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com...
edit on 5 7 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

originally posted by: stormcellYou need to understand how rivers work.

Do I? Oh, OK.

What I was really thinking is that the property speculators in London are so obsessed about increasing the value of their properties that they don't care about anything else, and will deliberately lie to get their way, even if it involves denying basic rules of physics.

top topics

join