It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titanic May Be Auctioned Off To The Highest Bidder (James Cameron)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

The other conspiracy is a new one, it was the Titanic but the white star line had a serious problem in the form of a coal bunker fire on board that was on the same side that later hit the ice berg, this fire was potentially still smoldering when it picked up the passengers and the ship was backed into the quay the opposite way to what it was really meant to be so that the affected and presumably browned or heat damaged paint of the other side was kept out of the public view, the theory is that this made the plate's more brittle due to the heat affecting the tempering of the steel adversely so that when it hit the ice berg they were more prone to give than they would otherwise have been.
www.independent.co.uk...
www.sciencedaily.com...
titanic-model.com...

Essentially if this was the case the ship should never have left port, it was actually not seaworthy and in fact should have been in dry dock having those plates repaired but the theory also suggests the fire was actually ongoing and had not been extinguished so the ship was both burning inside it's coal bunker and freezing against the ice cold water and then ice of the ice berg, today we would say clear case of corporate manslaughter in the first degree.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Leave the wreck alone, just like a military one just let the poor souls rest in peace.....

There is a recurring family myth that we are from the same family as the captain in some way as we're based in the same area and there are people with the same surname in the family tree and even the Mrs has said when comparing me with a beard and the captain theres something similar.....probably explains why I did get a charge b2 certificate for inland water when i was a teen the thought of going over large areas of water on a boat = big no no.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
The conspiracy is that the Olympic suffered the exact same damage six months before.

Except it didn't. Olympic was struck aft, near the propellers, and Titanic was struck near the bow. The photographic evidence of Olympic makes this very clear.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I watched this one night when I couldn't sleep and my wife was working a night shift...
It is a real-time CAD reenactment of every single thing that happened when Titanic sank...

It's remarkable if u have time to kill...
They give updates which were confirmed from witness testimony taken immediately upon boarding the RMS Carpathia and via telegraph throughout the video…

And btw, selling the wreckage is despicable…
The Titanic is a sacred graveyard of nearly 2000 souls…

-Chris

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It should be understood that there was two Olympics shall we say there was the class which meant the Olympic class and the actual ship with the name

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The conspiracy is that the Olympic suffered the exact same damage six months before.

Except it didn't. Olympic was struck aft, near the propellers, and Titanic was struck near the bow. The photographic evidence of Olympic makes this very clear.

Yea, I was never sold on that theory either.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
a reply to: lordcomac
Got any links to back this up ?

www.express.co.uk...

Many things happened just days before; cancellations by board members, increase in insurance payout. Another ship was carrying enough blankets for all the passengers, but didn't get there in time. At the inquiry, the ship was referre to as
the Olympic. There were subtle differences between the two ships such as locations of windows, suggesting the name
plates were swapped.

Now that we have seen evidence of switch....doing anything to or with the Titanic is DESTRUCTION OF EVIDENCE.....the Salvage issue was "facillitated " by TPTB so only now they could take a crack at destroying the evidence forever as they did with evidence from the Twin Towers insurance scam.

One of Trumps Allies should open it up and legally embrace the issue.

The conspiracy is that the Olympic suffered the exact same damage six months before. When the Titanic is viewed by salvagers, letters had dropped off revealing the M and P

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I'm pretty sure there is footage of the interior of the wreck that confirms it was not the Olympic, I do think the bunker fire theory has merit.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I'm pretty sure there is footage of the interior of the wreck that confirms it was not the Olympic, I do think the bunker fire theory has merit.

There is also fake Moon footage.......and look who has been involved in working with the wreckage.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I hear what you are saying but respectfully disagree

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Yea, I was never sold on that theory either.

Me neither. Plus Titanic was cannibalized for parts prior to her commissioning to keep Olympic in revenue service.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Only wartime military ship sinking's have ever come close to the number of people whom died in that tragedy,

Not nitpicking but Titanic was only the fifth worst non-military loss of life ever recorded
www.oddee.com...
gizmodo.com...

MV Doña Paz: Largest Non-Military Loss - 4,375 people

This Philippine-registered passenger ferry sank in collision with the MT Vector on December 20, 1987. The collision resulted in the deadliest ferry disaster in history during peace time. The MT Vector was carrying 8,800 barrels of gasoline. The impact caused a fire which quickly spread to the Doña Paz, as well as lighting the surrounding water on fire. Most of the ferry passengers were asleep at the time of collision, adding to the confusion life jackets aboard the Doña Paz were reportedly locked up, forcing passengers to jump into flaming shark-infested waters in order to attempt escape.

SS Kiangya - 2,750 – 3,920

December 4, 1948 the Kiangya, a passenger steamship packed with refugees from the Chinese Civil War fleeing the advancing communist parties, blew up and sank after hitting what most believe was a mine leftover by the Japanese Imperial Navy, at the mouth of the Huangpu River, about 50 miles north of Shanghai. Several hours passed before rescue boats arrived.

MV Joola - 1,863

September 26, 2002 the Joola, a Senegalese government-owned ferry designed to carry a maximum of 580 passengers, had at least 2,000 on board, when it capsized in rough waters during a dangerous storm. It went down in under 5 minutes, tossing passengers and luggage into the sea off the coast of Gambia.

SS Sultana - 1,547

April 27, 1865 the Mississippi River steam-powered paddlewheeler sank near Memphis, Tennessee after three of her four boilers exploded.

MV Wilhelm Gustloff: Largest Loss of Life of All Time - 9,400 people

January of 1945, this German ship was hit by three torpedoes in the Baltic Sea while participating in the evacuation of civilians, military personnel, and Nazi officials who were surrounded by the Red Army in East Prussia. After being hit in the starboard side, the vessel sank in less than 45 minutes.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The a reply to: lordcomac

Then how do you account for the sister ship, or in this conspiracy theory the actual ship sinking some time later as well.

That is, both ships sank.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
If the job is so expensive that it bankrupts a company, who's going to bid?

Somebody with deeper pockets. Just because one company went out of business salvaging, doesn't mean another will.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues
a reply to: LABTECH767

Only wartime military ship sinking's have ever come close to the number of people whom died in that tragedy,

Not nitpicking but Titanic was only the fifth worst non-military loss of life ever recorded
www.oddee.com...
gizmodo.com...

MV Doña Paz: Largest Non-Military Loss - 4,375 people

This Philippine-registered passenger ferry sank in collision with the MT Vector on December 20, 1987. The collision resulted in the deadliest ferry disaster in history during peace time. The MT Vector was carrying 8,800 barrels of gasoline. The impact caused a fire which quickly spread to the Doña Paz, as well as lighting the surrounding water on fire. Most of the ferry passengers were asleep at the time of collision, adding to the confusion life jackets aboard the Doña Paz were reportedly locked up, forcing passengers to jump into flaming shark-infested waters in order to attempt escape.

SS Kiangya - 2,750 – 3,920

December 4, 1948 the Kiangya, a passenger steamship packed with refugees from the Chinese Civil War fleeing the advancing communist parties, blew up and sank after hitting what most believe was a mine leftover by the Japanese Imperial Navy, at the mouth of the Huangpu River, about 50 miles north of Shanghai. Several hours passed before rescue boats arrived.

MV Joola - 1,863

September 26, 2002 the Joola, a Senegalese government-owned ferry designed to carry a maximum of 580 passengers, had at least 2,000 on board, when it capsized in rough waters during a dangerous storm. It went down in under 5 minutes, tossing passengers and luggage into the sea off the coast of Gambia.

SS Sultana - 1,547

April 27, 1865 the Mississippi River steam-powered paddlewheeler sank near Memphis, Tennessee after three of her four boilers exploded.

MV Wilhelm Gustloff: Largest Loss of Life of All Time - 9,400 people

January of 1945, this German ship was hit by three torpedoes in the Baltic Sea while participating in the evacuation of civilians, military personnel, and Nazi officials who were surrounded by the Red Army in East Prussia. After being hit in the starboard side, the vessel sank in less than 45 minutes.

Definitely not nitpicking, it is only right and proper that people remember these tragedy's, I am sorry I did not but now I have your comment to reference.
Well spoken and this is a high quality reply that only add's to the available fact's so thank you very much indeed.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
the superstructure on the first class promenade between the titanic and olympic are completely differebt and mistaking one for theother is not possible when held up to scrutiny.

Olympic also had different screws than the titanic. You can look at the wreckages screws and confirm shes the titanic.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I have heard the theory, but the ship that sank does not match the Olympic (as you said they are different), the ship's number is 401, the Titanic's number. I have never seen credible pics of this M and P, just youtube stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlightlyAbovePar
The a reply to: lordcomac
That is, both ships sank.

Than what ship went on to fill RMS Olympic's storied career and Wikipedia page...

In 1936 Olympic was partially demolished at Jarrow, before her hull was towed to Thos W Ward's yard at Inverkeithing for final scrapping, but before her superstructure was broken up Olympics fittings were auctioned off and scattered throughout Britain.

The fittings of the first-class lounge and part of the aft grand staircase can be found in the White Swan Hotel, in Alnwick, Northumberland, England. A variety of panelling, light fixtures, flooring, doors, and windows from Olympic were installed in a paint factory in Haltwhistle, Northumberland, until they were auctioned in 2004. One suite at Sparth House Hotel, Clayton-le-Moors, Lancashire has the furniture from one of the state rooms, including light fitting, sink, wardrobes and fireplace. The crystal and ormolu electrolier from the lounge is installed in the Cutlers' Hall in Sheffield.
In 2000, Celebrity Cruises purchased some of Olympic's original wooden panels to create the RMS Olympic restaurant on board their new cruise ship, Millennium. According to the cruise line, this panelling had lined Olympic's à la carte restaurant.
The clock depicting "Honour and Glory Crowning Time" from Olympic's grand staircase is on display at Southampton's SeaCity Museum.

[/quote

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There is one conspiracy theory about the Titanic that is taken seriously in Britain, and that is the claim that the (laughably ineffectual) official investigation into the disaster was corrupted by the involvement of a clique of highly-placed Freemasons.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Me neither. Plus Titanic was cannibalized for parts prior to her commissioning to keep Olympic in revenue service.

Really?

And here I thought it was sank by the press, the birth of sensationalism in the industrial age.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join