It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object next to Moon - 6-30-17

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Lol. Seriously though, that's exactly what it looks like. Awesome capture, probably one of the best I've ever seen.

Well it does look like some kind of ship. I am watching this thread since this is a topic that fascinates me but i can't really add anything intelligent to.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yes, darn good telescope shot.....I have it on the 29th...on the sdcard and on my other laptop......right in Virgo....one can tell it's shape is a match, but it's 2x and shaking except for one little part. I'll get another look with my tripod...usually the thermal doesn't see anything so definite, except a bat within 200 meters

I'll post this video if I can't find that object again......shape is a match......in the constellation Virgo

It wasn't visible by eye.....I didn't bother with the gen 3 starlight PVS14 but I will next time...I see tr3 b's moving with it, I'll get serious about this since Virgo is all over YouTube these days

editby]edit on 4-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
How far out is this thing? Has anyone done the math yet?

I certainly can't. My brain quit doing math like that, well, a long time ago. Though not in a galaxy far, far away.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

We watch waaaay too much TV...'cause that was my first thought, too.

It's darned interesting, though.

Well my other half thinks that Stargate is based on fact, maybe she's on to something.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
star

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

''Twas big in my scope, I figure 65,000' MSL usually when they're moving, this one was coasting to a stop or stationary....I was thinking of the prophecy of the dragon waiting to devour the child that Virgo is travailing in Rev12, to tell the truth.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Did you photograph any of this?
edit on 4-7-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Okay, reread your posts.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It'd be horribly dishonest of me if I didn't say I'd think that that would be rather frickin' cool!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

a reply to: GBP/JPY

Did you photograph any of this?
Yes, I just tried to upload and see my new screwed up avatar pic, the tail of some random 777

I'm on an iPad....it's tougher I tell ya

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's weird, but the lack of an explanation is making this a fascinating thread!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
My object has the same shape as the op's next to the last shot.....next the last vid.....a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Looks like a floating pyramid. That's an awesome video.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Zarniwoop has the night sky on his post page one.....my object was one inch or halfway up... from the S in Corvus....making a triangle with Jupiter and Spica

Ya can't see stars with that thermal viewer.....but that's where I got the video on my mini DVR seeing through the Armasight, someone could stabilize I suppose....but it's not bad for handheld in that one stable moment.

It's actually watchable for thirty or more seconds in two places on the vid....I'll figure a way to upload it because ''tis a match

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Very strange indeed! Any explanations?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
My object has the same shape as the op's next to the last shot.....next the last vid.....a reply to: carewemust

With cutting edge technology now in the hands of super-smart everyday citizens, the "powers" of the world will have to come clean with what they know. Sooner, rather than later.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It is indeed an occultation of the star Gamma Virginis (Porrima). How do I know? Stellarium will show you exactly what you see in the sky, if you specify your location. I don't know exactly where you live, so I just picked somewhere in the middle of USA.

Here's the resulting screenshot:

So yeah, defiinitely get Stellarium. It's free and very helpful.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

That looks rather round to me.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

a reply to: wildespace

That looks rather round to me.

On camera, zoomed-in out-of-focus objects can have strange shapes that don't have anything to do with their real shape.

edit on 4-7-2017 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AnahataN

It reminds me of that .. Black Knight is it?
edit on 4-7-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I watched this in eager anticipation and wondered why someone mistakes a star for a UFO. The close ups look triangular due to minuscule movement that is amplified the further away something is.
The reason I don't think it's a spaceship is that

a) it flickers

b) it is stationary

That it seemingly disappears can be due to clouds, happens all the time.

I want there to be a spaceship but before I go head first into 'peeing myself with excitement mode' I feel compelled to find more likely explanations first and if they make easy sense, I have to go with the likely explanation.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join