It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation Z: The Outlook For Those On The Left Is Only Getting Bleaker

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

More like as people start to succeed and do for themselves, they start to see how all those liberal policies impact them in the not so great ways.

Things like Obamacare and its taxes, and higher taxes in general, etc. You start to wonder why you work so hard to get ahead when you start to realize you spend half or more of every week working for the government and not your family at the very age when you are starting to want to provide for your family the most.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Old grumpy people complaining about younger generations, yawn.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is out of whack with standard left orthodoxy which views that as way too 1950s for comfort.

There's no Left orthodoxy that's what confuses non leftists. Third wave feminism which is, as I mentioned in my previous post, a small fraction of a small far left (the far left is tiny in the US) would have issue with stay at home moms or women having babies at all... but the rest of us are actual feminists. We tend to believe that a woman can and should do whatever the hell she wants to in life, no defined role set by anyone.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I use my tax money everyday in every aspect of my life.
And I also want future generations to thrive and prosper even if it means paying a little bit more on taxes.
Obama care wasn't perfect, but it's a step in the right direction. So why make it difficult and not just build upon it?

You are also missing the point where because of left policies and ideologies people are allowed to prosper and become successful, equal opportunity.
And just like I said before, why not setup future generations for success, rather than hardship just because you suffered to battle the capitalist money grubbing society does not mean tour grandchildren should have to.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

After reading the article, it doesn't sound like these kids are right-leaning at all. It's more like the article is suggesting they are but only by casting a wider net of what conservatism is.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

I would expect them to be apolitical. Their "social" viewpoints mirror their indoctrination but I'd suspect that when it comes to actual political participation, they'll be known most for their absence from the scene. My guess is that they'll appear at least to be about as alienated from the US political scene as any generation can be. Realistically speaking, there isn't anything in it for them.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

There is a point though at which taxation starts to become punitive.

It's one thing to say, "Let's pay some more in taxes for this stuff that benefits everyone."

Then there is the stuff that only benefits some, but they tax everyone for it anyhow. And you can't really figure out why those people being benefited needed to be benefited by everyone else. They aren't the sort who truly could not do for themselves.

It's a rise in the mentality of, "If I need something that I either don't want to pay for or would find it difficult to pay for, then government should pay for it instead."

Look. Our 7-year-old needs testing for CAPD, and we're taking him out to Ft. Collins, CO, on our dime entirely to do this. It's going to cost around $1,000, but it's not your responsibility through taxes or even insurance's responsibility to take care of this. It's ours as parents. We need to figure out how to do this, and it's not like the place in question doesn't help parents who are needy. They do, but it's that we are not quite needy enough, so this is ours to do.

Too many people think that kind of thing should be someone else's problem to pay for.
edit on 4-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There is a point though at which taxation starts to become punitive.

It's one thing to say, "Let's pay some more in taxes for this stuff that benefits everyone."

Then there is the stuff that only benefits some, but they tax everyone for it anyhow. And you can't really figure out why those people being benefited needed to be benefited by everyone else. They aren't the sort who truly could not do for themselves.

It's a rise in the mentality of, "If I need something that I either don't want to pay for or would find it difficult to pay for, then government should pay for it instead."

Look. Our 7-year-old needs testing for CAPD, and we're taking him out to Ft. Collins, CO, on our dime entirely to do this. It's going to cost around $1,000, but it's not your responsibility through taxes or even insurance's responsibility to take care of this. It's ours as parents. We need to figure out how to do this, and it's not like the place in question doesn't help parents who are needy. They do, but it's that we are not quite needy enough, so this is ours to do.

Too many people think that kind of thing should be someone else's problem to pay for.

Screw that. I'd be honored if I discovered some of my taxes went to help with your kid's CAPD testing. It's in my best interest to have healthy fellow Americans.

From my own experience with my daughter's class mates, I feel these are the kind of moral values being adopted by this next generation. And it makes me super happy.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Health issues are just as common as car accidents. But, car accidents are much more preventable. Health issues are not.
Health issues can hit anyone at any time and ruin a families income.
Me paying taxes every year helps my entire country and potentially myself and people close to me. It saved my girlfriends life from cancer, her father from a serious infection, and I have countless stories I can find out about how the healthcare I pay into helped as well.
And best part about it, it won't ruin my bank, and it won't ruin someone's life financially.

Just like you as the adult are responsible for the treatment, you can easily be responsible for creating your own budget for spare an extra 150 a year to help those in need.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

roflmao@"extra 150 a year to help those in need"

Yep that's me, pissed off about the 150.00 a year I pay in taxes to help those in need.

The number you chose is telling. Get real.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Made myself look like an idiot phone auto corrected it from 10500 to 150
Average Canadian making livable wages pays that much a yea for healthcare.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

While it may seem that way, the election results paint a little better picture. Dems lost 5 points of the youth vote (a 10 point swing), compared to 2012. Older millenials only saw a 2 percent move to the right, younger millennials saw no change. So if the dems lost 5 points of the youth vote, but only 2 points came from millenials (it's actually less than 2% due to differing methods of measuring youth voters vs younger/older millenials), that means generation Z is the cause of the change. I haven't run through the statistics of it, but for 18-21 year olds to swing the entire demographic of young people (considered 18-29) by 5%, means they pushed heavily right.

In fact, hillary lost 10% (a 20 point swing) of the 18-24 vote compared to obama. That age group is half millenials and half Generation Z. The next election will paint just how stark a difference there is in generation z compared to millenials.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hog wash. Control of Congress and the presidency will continue to ebb and flow, with each party in more control than the other at different point in time.

As for the holier than thou political zealots who so often invade these threads to make sure everyone knows that their beliefs are better than yours and they are better than you, all you need to do to determine who has the mental disorder based on political beliefs, is look in the mirror.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Left and right doesn't matter. Two side of the same coin doesn't make it right. You can either keep voting for left party or right party, it will make no difference just like presidential election.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join