It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation Z: The Outlook For Those On The Left Is Only Getting Bleaker

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I wish I had what it takes to build a time machine. This moment more than ever! Becase we'd go back to 1930's Germany and all those persecuted Jews you could bald face lie through your teeth that there were no gas chambers in their futures. And then I'd take you to them. And then I'd ask you again about your position in this post.

And you'd exclain that this is an unwarrented extreme case study.

And then I'd inform you it was simply a study in what I call the Logical Climax of Ideology, and hen I'd pull up and make you read several of my already existing pieces that effectively prove that what happened there back then it wasn't exactly Germany's fault. Diabolical hyper-bigoted Identity Politics obsessed demagogues tok control of politics & media & academia, where they set as their primary ideological driving force the belittlement & persecution of all that weren't born & think like them.

Just like what the SJW Agenda is all about. Verbatim. Even more well stewed to perfection than Hitler could have dreamed of.

I'd pull up the science and history that clear cuts my whole assertion here out for you, but as I know too well by now in all likelihood your "High Information" disposition means that you'll refuse to read it let alone respond to it with intellectual honesty. If I'm wrong please do let me know if however.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I don't blame them. A lot of times, Generation Z wants to distance themselves from Millennials due to SJW/Antifa culture culture:

edit on 7/4/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

LOL, you're severely confused if you think conservatives don't want progress and progressives do. Progressivism is actually regressivism. To see this in action you have to look no further than Uber.
edit on 4-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

WTF that was effing weird. I kept waiting for it to be satire but it never happened. It was so low par was part of how itd make sense it was even a production if it wasnt a joke. I was mesmerized in trying to find the joke, that i forgot it had anything to do with Bill Nye. And then there he was. Oh noes!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What's sad is according to Reddit, after seeing Bill Nye's garbage video, they say Radical Islam has a point:

Islam does have a point. The idea that Western media is exporting insane sexual mores to Islamic societies via its control on entertainment is factually correct. I fully expect to see Bill Nye referenced in ISIS, MB or al Qaeda literature/video in the very, very near future (they used Miley Cyrus MTV bit where she was eating out a fat woman's ass and that's nowhere near as objectionable as Nye's schtick to a person of conscience). The reason they will is because they don't have to twist anything to make their argument. "Muh Sex junk" is exactly what they will say it is. That Islamic societies' sexual mores are also insane and that the people who are making this point are more violent than Bill Nye could ever be (mostly due to capabilities) doesn't contest the specific point they're making--that the West is intentionally trying to indoctrinate youth in degeneracy. That's what makes # like this effective as a recruiting tool. The salafis don't have to lie or mischaracterize anything. Nye's message is verbatim what they're a few weeks from saying it is. Islam's solution/response is evil, but the grievance, itself, is not BS. Not as long as Netflix/Hollywood is funding ***** like this and holding up people like Nye as some sort of person to be admired

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Bejeezus! Between the bar bottom production quality, to the absurdity of it and all its aspects, to the fact that kids are raised on Bill Nye the Science Guy and then they hit 13 and put that on that ultimate surreal dark realm parallel universe of a Disney'esque ordeal of a stage monstrosity (and dont even get me started that there must be impressionable young minds trying to dig it)... I cant even laugh about any of this stuff for the night. I need to eat and pass out or something..

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Due to this Bill Nye garbage, many people finally realized that the West needs Christianity due to the Bill Nye Garbage.

Here's the video showing the comments:

edit on 7/4/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Thank you for the reprieve. I thought all was lost LOL! I should have sought them out: often its ALL ABOUT THE COMMENTS>
edit on 4-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I sill believe that a lot of good can come from the right political spectrum. But first they need to oust the social conservatives that have hijacked their parties and basically turned themselves into a mirrored monster of their extreme counterparts on the left. All these two extremes do is cross cancel the other and all of their ideas of myopic and self-serving.

All I see right now on the political landscape is hate sharpening hate.

There is no law stating that you can't both have a brain and a heart.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

C'mon bro No one should give a flying F about that Bill Nye # and you know it! I haven't met a single person that's seen that other than offended right wing snowflakes. It's boring.

Orange is the New Black and House of Cards should be much more upsetting.

George Soros has some things to say about Netflix.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

The key themes of the poll gauged Generation Z’s views on the future of higher education, civic engagement, public policy, technology, financial literacy, and personal aspirations. “Generation Z exhibits a strong entrepreneurial, independent, and self-sustaining spirit, with a driving motivation to map out their own futures,” according to the school’s recap of the small pool of data. “They are highly progressive when it comes to social policy, with strong support for universal healthcare, relaxed immigration laws, and equal rights for all people—regardless of sexual orientation.”

Gen Z is more progressive than you Trump#ers want to admit.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

You know something, you're right.

Bill Nye should get to pass go and collect $200!

edit on 4-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

You're a kid that doesn't understand anything. I thought you'd shut the **** up after the "no go" thread you embarrassed yourself with. But you keep trying for stars. Get a clue.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I wanna catch some free parking myself Che.

lol

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

It's target audience is children and pre-teens. Which explains both why it's disturbing and why no one you've met has seen it.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I think there is one truth that exists in the rise and fall of any civilization...

1. From bondage to spiritual growth
2. From spiritual growth to great courage
3. From courage to liberty
4. From liberty to abundance
5. From abundance to complacency
6. From complacency to apathy
7. From apathy to dependence
8. From dependence back to bondage

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Would it be that people only lean to the right as they are because they are forced into a system that puts them into a conservative world?
Funny how young minds who have free time to express themselves and thirst for more knowledge suddenly shift once they are thrown into the real-world where money is literally life. And screwing over tour friends to gain the upper hand in the capitalistic society.

I don't think people want to lean right but more and muscles into it.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

My grandfather leaned left. My mother leans left. I lean left.

This generation this that and the other nonsense is bunkum. The surveys that led to these findings were probably about as unbiased as a see saw with a pick up truck at one end, and a scale replica of a Mini Cooper on the other.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

I'm continually perplexed/amazed at how folks can get so tweaked around and their perception of reality so skewed.

The "appeal to extremes" logical fallacy is supposed to be just that, a logical fallacy -- not adopted as a true representation of actual reality.

Right?

The kids aren't waking up... they were never under this SJW/PC/3rd wave feminism/anti-white culture because it doesn't actually exist. Scattered handfuls of screeching college kids does not a movement make.

Now we move from the SJW myth to the Left are terrorists myth.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

There is the other thing to consider - the Millennials might be pushed further left too.

Although there is evidence in some places that the Millennials are adopting lifestyles and preferences that are more or less right leaning - the seem to like being stay-at-home moms and the men like being the breadwinners. This is out of whack with standard left orthodoxy which views that as way too 1950s for comfort.

I would say you might see them split down the middle or adopt a strange kind of cognitive dissonance wherein they live right and vote left.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join