It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation Z: The Outlook For Those On The Left Is Only Getting Bleaker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I just ran across an article on the new york post about the upcoming generation; Generation Z. It touched on the issues of this generation and where their views currently sit on the political spectrum, which is right of center. Most previous generations start left of center and move right as they age (those wise elders). This is what happened with Gen X and Millenials (millenials are taking longer to lean right, however), but Gen Z (the children of Gen X) are starting off to the right.

I would attribute a decent portion of this shift to better access to information and the lack of trust in the MSM. As people get older they see that the right side of the spectrum, while it isn't all roses, seems to have a better grip on reality and the hard truths that come with living on this planet with the company of other flawed human beings. Generation Z trusts their parents and has access to more information than any generation before them, making it much easier to impart knowledge and wisdom in a manner faster than previous generations.

Now to my main point: Millenials are reaching the age turning point where they will shift to the right. The oldest millenials are just now turning 36 years old. In 2020 (the presidential next election year) nearly half of millenials will be over 30. They will be sandwiched between republican leaning generations Gen X and Gen Z, which will apply even more pressure than the natural progression to the right. So as millenials shift right, who will the left replace those voters with? They've already lost the older part of generation Z (whose first election was 2016). Trump is putting a serious dent in their attempt at immigrating a new voting base. So where will they recruit? Will they move right?

Here's a link to the article about Gen Z leaning republican, there's a lot of interesting info in it: nypost.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
is a gen-x/mill also known as gen-y and I have a gen-z and we both lean right lol

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It's such a wonderful time to be alive, hehe. The last 25 years had almost left me completely devoid of hope. Truth be told, 2 years ago, I was absolutely convinced that this country had passed the point of return. Now I'd put the chances at 60/40 and rising very fast.

I feels great to have such optimism after so many years of watching everything go farther and farther down the crapper.

As I said, a frakking wonderful time to be alive.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Although promising to see this, as a culture and country, if we don't wise up and stop voting for those who we are allowed to elect and start putting up those who are truly willing to represent our country and people the madness and corruption will just continue.

We need term limits and the money taken out of politics. How many homeless could have shelter with the money spent to elect one criminal that will represent the money versus the people? A friend of mine wanted to run for Congress as a Republican. He called the GOP in his state and they were very receptive, BUT he needed 500k just to get his foot wet! See the problem? We are being gamed and unless we change our tactics and force those who represent us to change theirs, this will really mean nothing in the long run with the exception of history repeating itself over and over again, like the movie Ground Hog Day.

edit on 3-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My experience with the younger generation is that they're more apolitical than anything.

Boston Magazine
The survey results, collected with the help of FTI Consulting, a global business advisory firm, paint a picture of what researchers are calling “Generation Z,” which is defined as “teens between the ages of 16 and 19.” To tap into the minds of this particular demographic, the school rounded up responses from 1,015 participants during the month of October. The survey takers were equally divided into two groups and asked questions either by landline phone, or on the Internet.

The key themes of the poll gauged Generation Z’s views on the future of higher education, civic engagement, public policy, technology, financial literacy, and personal aspirations. “Generation Z exhibits a strong entrepreneurial, independent, and self-sustaining spirit, with a driving motivation to map out their own futures,” according to the school’s recap of the small pool of data. “They are highly progressive when it comes to social policy, with strong support for universal healthcare, relaxed immigration laws, and equal rights for all people—regardless of sexual orientation.”

I think this second paragraph quoted is a more accurate portrayal than they're "conservative Republicans". I believe they should be described as fiscal conservative/libertarian on the economic side and socially progressive.
edit on (7/3/1717 by PistolPete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

A quote from Union Leader leader Nicholas Klein in 1914 provides a closer version of the misattributed quote:

And, my friends, in this story you have a history of this entire movement. First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you. And that, is what is going to happen to the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America.

Quote usually missattributed to M. Ghandi.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Okay I knew that was a movie:

GENERATION Z (2016) Trailer

Okay, fine, that's the alternate title for "The Rezort (2016)". Not a bad zombie movie, actually (most the past decade of zombie inundation line the bottom of the zombie blood barrel).

Also saw this though when checking GooTube for that trailer:

Millennials Are Lost, But Generation Z Is Ours

At over 20 mins I'd have played it entirely before posting this post....

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Okay now reading your post, leaning left or right aren't ideal outcomes, although I must acknowledge that how utterly insane the liberals and their platform are in practice is definitely the lessors of two evils.

But having evil is still evil.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Posted a few weeks ago. I was actually pretty surprised by their reactions, these channels usually try to push a narrative but... just see for yourself.

It's the dawn of the age of social media. I think they've seen the memes, seen the SJW meltdowns, seen the censorship and fake news, seen what they tried to do to people like Pewdiepie, seen the utter ridiculousness of PC culture, and they've become pretty red pilled.

Also one big thing to note, they are just becoming politically active in the age of Trump, the most crasp, outspoken anti-establishment POTUS we've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

THE HIVE MIND - CROWD PSYCHOLOGY - Why Social Media Failed

Been meaning to do a big piece on such but havent gotten to yet....

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
deleted
edit on 4-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Okay now that I played your clip (was only responding to your words above) oh yeah that short film is the whoop! I posted it in my Dystopian Cinema Master List thread.

Watching those kids react to that great little piece is really awesome. That was probably the best thing that happened to them all year.

edit on 4-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Excellent video. Gives me hope for the future.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That is over-the-top, hyperbolic, and quite frankly fear mongering.

Reality is nowhere close to what's depicted in that video. If you actually look about and believe that is an accurate portrayal of reality, or what's "around the corner" -- the mental health system in America truly has failed us all.
edit on 4-7-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

That's what I call "The Logical Climax".

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm continually perplexed/amazed at how folks can get so tweaked around and their perception of reality so skewed.

The "appeal to extremes" logical fallacy is supposed to be just that, a logical fallacy -- not adopted as a true representation of actual reality.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Wait a minute, it's pretty much affirmative action, but expanded to assignment grading.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
'Liberalism ' and 'leftist ' are nothing but fads. This way of thinking revolves around complete and total WILFUL ignorance of the realities of living in a physical universe.

This way of thinking centres around absolute denial of key facts like: there are seperate and distinct races of human on this planet, they are all different from one another and are NOT equal because of a multitude of natural reasons. FACT. For one example.

Basing the design of a civilisation on 'feelings' is absolute insanity, but that's exactly what the 'left' base every single policy upon.

To see a study that proves the 'left' is a rapidly shrinking ideal only re-enforces what anyone with an IQ higher than 7 already knows, such a stupid ideology cannot be long lived.

Liberalism is truly a mental disorder in every sense of the word. I'll leave another example here of leftist stupidity: "it's ok to denounce nazism but it's not ok to denounce islam ", pathetic. "It's ok to denounce Christianity, judaism, Mormonism, Hinduism but it is NOT ok to denounce islam

How bout my favourite though: "think how I think or I'll attack you" (openly stated while denouncing fascism)

I think it's an IQ thing

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Every generation #s on the next one, its cute to see you guys think this is all new stuff and you have found the answer to all your problems.

Blaming the next generation since forever.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Um, the entire rise of humanity from leaving a hunter-gatherer society behind to form villages and then cities is "progressive". Compare humans from 10,000 years ago to 1,000 years ago to 100 years ago to now.

Liberals eventually always win in the "culture war", while hardcore conservatives throw conniption fits about maintaining the "status quo" of what they are used to.

If conservatives had been as successful as the ones on ATS would want us to believe, we'd still be living in huts with straw roofs worshiping the sun.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join