It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea just launched an ICBM - CONFIRMED.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes rotation of the earth is part of the distance calculation.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: xstealth

North Korea to make a major announcement 3:30pm their time (06:30 GMT).

The Spectator Index‏ @spectatorindex 42m42 minutes ago

BREAKING: North Korea says it will make an important announcement within two hours

2:30am Eastern Time?

link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
This really isn't a big deal guys.

He's never going to actually fire on us or an ally.

As crazy as Kim is... he isn't that crazy.

He loves nothing more than himself and his existence.

He knows the moment he fires on the US or an ally his country will be leveled with him in it...

And if he somehow survives.. he will be the king of

think logically here before getting scared

That's hopeful, and positive thinking! I dunno, but thanks?

link   

If you jump up into the air will you come down in a different place or does inertia come into play, bringing you down in the same area?

link   

He knows the moment he fires on the US or an ally his country will be leveled with him in it...

The dude just crossed a red line and wasn't afraid one bit.

He's that crazy. What if he's diagnosed with a terminal disease, do you really think he's going to care at that point if he losers his power?

We can't risk letting someone have the ability to hit us when they tell us every day they are going to.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

North Korea to make a major announcement 3:30pm their time (06:30 GMT).

The Spectator Index‏ @spectatorindex 42m42 minutes ago

BREAKING: North Korea says it will make an important announcement within two hours

2:30am Eastern Time?

Sure... I think.

link   

originally posted by: xstealth

Yes rotation of the earth is part of the distance calculation.

OMG... it just occurred to me that Kim Jong could destroy the International Space Station. It's well within range!

link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Well, luckily fearless dear leader Trump made some tweets about it wondering why SK and Japan put up with it....such strength. I now know why he was critical about the few times NK did it under Obama...granted, its been a nearly daily occurance since Trump went into office..and theoretically that could be a sign that NK see's trump as a feckless weak nobody who is to be mocked constantly..but still..umm...But Hillary...

lol. I heard Trump sent a video to North Korea with the same tape that he used on CNN. I mean it sure scared the hell out of CNN. Maybe it would work.

link   

If you jump up into the air will you come down in a different place or does inertia come into play, bringing you down in the same area?

If you jump over the atmosphere and you land back on earth, what happens?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Depends on your speed and trajectory.

How much does the earth travel in its rotation and through space in 15 - 30 minutes and does an object on that planet register at the same speed as the earth or through inertia is the movement viewed as zero?
edit on 4-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The dude just crossed a red line and wasn't afraid one bit.

He's that crazy. What if he's diagnosed with a terminal disease, do you really think he's going to care at that point if he losers his power?

We can't risk letting someone have the ability to hit us when they tell us every day they are going to.

Do you think we've reached a point where the world will understand if the USA/Japan/South Korea launch a massive strike against North Korea's missile production facilities and nuclear test site?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I think we have reached a point where the opinion of the world is at odds with S. Korea, Japan and the US, since other countries arent targeted by N. Korea.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: SaturnFX

Well, luckily fearless dear leader Trump made some tweets about it wondering why SK and Japan put up with it....such strength. I now know why he was critical about the few times NK did it under Obama...granted, its been a nearly daily occurance since Trump went into office..and theoretically that could be a sign that NK see's trump as a feckless weak nobody who is to be mocked constantly..but still..umm...But Hillary...

lol. I heard Trump sent a video to North Korea with the same tape that he used on CNN. I mean it sure scared the hell out of CNN. Maybe it would work.

I'd rather see him follow-through with taking out CNN first. Making hollow threats is no better than what Kim Jong does.

link   

Not sure that all the civilians that will die if such a strike is launched will understand....

link   

Do you think we've reached a point where the world will understand if the USA/Japan/South Korea launch a massive strike against North Korea's missile production facilities and nuclear test site?

Without question, yet it'll be opposed fiercely by China, Russia and Iran.

link   

I know it sounds extreme but I think the only way for North Korea to stop its nuclear weapons development is a world wide economic collapse.

North Korea is very dependent on China and China doesn't seem to want to stop North Korea.

When the world economy collapse , China will follow. When that happens North Korea will collapse because China isn't helping them anymore.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I think we have reached a point where the opinion of the world is at odds with S. Korea, Japan and the US, since other countries arent targeted by N. Korea.

So far, the "targeting" has only been verbal, and directed at multiple countries.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Kim my bluster, he may boast, he may even threaten, but, unless he is suicidal, he will not act.

He has gone way past threatening. He killed his uncle, brother, it seems like he is the kind to act.

Even if he could strike the US mainland with an ICBM launched nuke, he would not. Because to do so would be an end to his regime and his dynasty.

He is not a wise man. He is a young man.

A total loss of face.

Or he may just think that he is a God. Not just think, but believe it.

Which he values more than he values the lives of his own family.

He could very well believe he would win. Delusional.

Expect his demands to become more outrageous and his threats more bombastic (couldn't help it!).

So just wait until he has a significant supply of nukes and then what?

Question is how to respond.

You respond with power. An all out campaign targeting all test sites and utility buildings. Take out their electrical ability then invade. That is one scenario.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I'd rather see him follow-through with taking out CNN first. Making hollow threats is no better than what Kim Jong does.

Do you really believe that Trump will not act?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Without question, yet it'll be opposed fiercely by China, Russia and Iran.

Unfortunately, if Kim Jong strikes first, it will most likely be a nuclear warhead. Just one will kill a lot of people...someplace.

Tough decision. Do we make China/Russia/Iran angry by hitting Kim Jong pre-emptively, or do we wait for him to launch a nuke? Would China/Russia/Iran "understand" if the USA/Japan/SK retaliate after North Korea nukes somebody?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join