It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a sin to war in God's eyes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Wrong, as not the best way to do things.. correct. Wrong as being a sin, it is mainly a mtter of intent wither it is a sin or not.

Jesus fought in a war, a war against sin. His battles were not in our physical world, but a spiritual one

I understand now, thanks for your patience.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Um israel and Pakistan have not been fighting for ages. Pakistan didnt exist as a country till last century.

But the god of the bible, judging by his indiscriminate destruction of people, his mudering rampages because some tribes wouldnt appease his ego, and his commands to Israel to rape, pillage and plunder, it seems that if you believe in the Christian god, then war is perfectly acceptable. After all, if god can commit mass murder, why cant we?

neither did Isreal.....

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
I know it is sinful to kill another person, but what if it meant fightning for your heritage and your country?

One of these is a Commandment. Choose only one.

A: "Thou shalt not kill."
B: "Thou shalt not kill without good reason."
C: "Thou shalt not kill unless authorized to do so by your national leaders."

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Im gonna go with A..because that one seems most reasonable. There is no actual good reason to kill somebody. We are all the same in God's eyes, but at the same time I wonder. What about fighting for our country?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
War is a horrible thing. Killing is a horrible thing. Sadly the way it is okay to kill someone is if its in self defence. So to answer if killing someone in war is okay: Only if you are the one being attacked and are just protecting yourself. If someone came and started shooting at you and your loved ones then you have to stop that person and if killing him is the only way then so be it. God does not want war. God does not want killing.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by halo_aura

Originally posted by creamsoda
I know it is sinful to kill another person, but what if it meant fightning for your heritage and your country?

One of these is a Commandment. Choose only one.

A: "Thou shalt not kill."
B: "Thou shalt not kill without good reason."
C: "Thou shalt not kill unless authorized to do so by your national leaders."

D. Thou shalt not murder

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Im gonna go with A..because that one seems most reasonable. There is no actual good reason to kill somebody.

I can think of two...

1. That someone is trying to kill me or mortally threaten my safety.
2. That someone is trying to kill or mortally threaten one of my loved ones.

Either circumstance and that someone is signing their own death warrant....

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
When you kill someone, you feel horrible about it (or at least you should). Why? Because you care about them, they're just like you, because life is a beautiful thing, etc... Would the master of all that is dark and evil put those feelings there? No, for these feelings do not serve the purposes of the Devil. Who then has you feeling this way? The problem is often our own voice and secondary reasoning overshadow the truth, which is trying to blare its way into our hearts.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
When you kill someone, you feel horrible about it (or at least you should). Why? Because you care about them, they're just like you, because life is a beautiful thing, etc... Would the master of all that is dark and evil put those feelings there? No, for these feelings do not serve the purposes of the Devil. Who then has you feeling this way? The problem is often our own voice and secondary reasoning overshadow the truth, which is trying to blare its way into our hearts.

Killing is not good but I would not call that a "sin" I hate that word! I f you kill and really regret it, feel bad and ask for forgiveness, you will get forgivness! God forgives everybody because life is not easy and god knows it! If you kill like a robot, without feelings, that ain't good at all (like in the army....) but it's the guy that orders you to kill that is incorrect. You have no choice...See???? But god will forgive anyway, the only thing is that your next life might be very very difficult because you will have to learn a lesson. Your goal is to love everybody! The true purpose of life is that ! So when you kill, you go away from your goal and you will have to start all over again.

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
That is avery good question. The old Testament was more 'an eye for an eye'. The new Testament I think, is more Forgive Them. The next Testament is the one that concerns me.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
... a "sin" I hate that word!

Why?

... it's the guy that orders you to kill that is incorrect. You have no choice...See????

But doesn't a person understand that they'd be killing people when they join? The military (currently) is on a volunteer basis.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

But doesn't a person understand that they'd be killing people when they join? The military (currently) is on a volunteer basis.

You are very right dear....sometimes they volunteer but it's much harder than they think. That is why they leave, they realise what they have done and the military run after them so they feel trapped. They are told that it's necessary to kill, that it's for world peace and all kind of BS...so they "think" it's o.k! That is another subject. Solidiers are just puppets, the army is a hard place where you have to obey....it's the top that choose war
I don't like the word SIN because it's hard to describe. People CHOOSE what is a sin and what is not. Some would say that beign gay is a sin, that divorce is a sin but to kill for a country is not a sin....understand?

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You are very right dear....sometimes they volunteer but it's much harder than they think. That is why they leave, they realise what they have done and the military run after them so they feel trapped. They are told that it's necessary to kill, that it's for world peace and all kind of BS...so they "think" it's o.k! That is another subject. Solidiers are just puppets, the army is a hard place where you have to obey....it's the top that choose war

Thanks for bringing about this perspective. It's a tough subject to address.

I don't like the word SIN because it's hard to describe. People CHOOSE what is a sin and what is not. Some would say that beign gay is a sin, that divorce is a sin but to kill for a country is not a sin....understand?

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I understand, though it's not up to the people to 'decide' what is and is not a sin. It's clearly written. There are a lot of people who like to add, argue, or change things because they don't like the way it looks. My advice is not to listen to these people. It's in the Book.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
In my opinion i dont think it is right to fight for your country or a heritage atall

<< 1   >>

join