It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle in Dorset, UK 06/17/17

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Inconsistency happens. It's a thing.

Circlemakers have learned a lot over the years, as is evident from the early primitive efforts and the modern more complex ones.

Have you looked up their site? Do you think they are lying or something? Its all on their site for you.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Inconsistency happens. It's a thing.

So you can't explain it then. "It's a thing" doesn't really cut it, does it?

Simply pointing out a URL and effectively saying "here's the definitive answer" also doesn't really cut it.

Who cares if I've visited a website? Have you visited a crop circle, or numerous? Have you an understanding of the wider phenomenom or experience with it, be it paranormal, ufos or anything? Have you gained your own personal evidence of people making them, ie caught them in the act, got some evidence to show for it, so that what comes out of your mouth can be backed up with your own research? Or is it really just "here's someone elses URL" on your side of the argument? But to answer you, yes, I have visited their horrible 2002-esque website.

Circlemakers claiming they made the Milk Hill 2001 circle, lol, they wish... Like I said before, even if they did, they're balancing on a fine line between "art" and "criminal damage". Just because they've filmed themselves making crop circles doesn't prove anything really... they need to be caught in the act, and not complete a circle, perhaps even be arrested, and then I'll start to give that it's them all the time every time some weight. Cos if it is, they destroy thousands of pounds worth of crop each year. There's nothing very admirable about that. They could just NOT do that, like, not # around with other people's livelihood?
edit on 5-7-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

OK, but inconsistency is something that happens in most things all the time. And yes, I did explain it. I can't help it if the explanation does not fit in with your agenda.

Yes, I have visited many crop circles. I live in rural Wiltshire. Most of the answers to the questions in the penultimate paragraph are yes, by the way. No, I am not going to name names.

So you think that Circlemakers are liars.

If it is aliens, shouldn't they be having their collars felt by plod, then?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Whilst there I met a chap named Simon who has experience with landscaping or such, and he explained to me how the logistical aspects of getting something like this created overnight, would be difficult - not impossible - but difficult.

Interesting, I too have experience with landscaping and feel this would be quite simple to do with the right tools and appropriate planning.

Make no mistake about it, the guys making these have the right tools and meticulously plan it out.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The bent nodes is the wheat continuing to grow after being bent.

Pretty simple really, no new age mumbo jumbo necessary.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

So how do they ensure they don't kill thousands upon thousands of stems in some cases, and in other cases not? Why the inconsistency?

Depends on the age of the wheat and how much water is in them.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

they destroy thousands of pounds worth of crop each year. There's nothing very admirable about that

The farmers charge admission for people to come look at them.

There is also crop circle events held where they tell you, months in advance, that you can visit crop circles...this is a new agers event that you would no doubt enjoy.

But how do they know months in advance that there will be crop circles where and when they said there would?

Let me guess....they channel the beings making them... I bet they do... by email.

edit on 5/7/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Youm not be from round these parts? Townie, most like.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Summer Lectures Crop Circle Conference 2017

Friday Introductory Lecture: £10.00
Friday Geometry Workshop: £50.00
Friday Crop Circles & Consciousness Workshop: £50.00
Saturday (only) Programme: £55.00 Sunday (only) Programme: £55.00
Saturday & Sunday Programme: £100.00
Sunday Conference Dinner: £30.00
Full Weekend Ticket (includes all the above): £230.00

temporarytemples.co.uk...

For a paltry £230 you too can get the the ultimate crop circle experience!

How do they KNOW that there will be crop circles to discuss and visit??

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Crop Circle Day
July 30 @ 9:30 am - 5:30 pm

£20

Join us for an informal day in the Avebury landscape, visiting some crop circles that have legal access.

gatekeeper.org.uk...

Very presumptuous of them...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
No not liars. As I said previously, the Boreham Wood one felt man-made. So I accept that people do make crop circles. But the breadth and width of the phenomena as a whole, I think, puts it well out of circlemakers reach -- unless it's literally a hundred people, co-ordinated in a manner which can only be attuned to say, a medium sized business, or an events management team, or something. "A few blokes with boards" or "a bunch of art students" is fodder, and I'm acute that some Wilts locals want the rest of the world to think that, but the organizational angle of some of the crop circles makes those statements naive, even on a totally human, people doing it level.

So I am much more curious about your one sided tone on this subject. I'm trying to keep both sides of the fence in play, but you seem to have completely ruled out the other side of things. You don't have your own proof, if you have names you won't share then you're protecting someone's interests, I find that sort of thing far more curious because if it IS circlemakers, then they're likely pawns in a much larger conspiracy surrounding wiltshire/crop circles and "the business" - you might be partisan to that.

It's cool that you're from Wiltshire, and I can appreciate nowhere breeds a hardline skeptic (or believers for that matter) like Wiltshire can. But your choice to hang around an aliens + ufos forum to say that "it isn't aliens or ufo's period, minus my own personal proof" is harder to substantiate than say, the many that have made steps to gain evidence to support their stance, even if they haven't got full proof, they've usually got more than a link to a website. And yes prosecute the aliens, especially if it's Baby Farx Mageezak!

Also, inconsistency happens in and around man-made phenomena, yes, I totally agree. The universe however does not do inconsistency. Are your cells inconsistent to other cells? Is the solar system and planetary structures inconsistent to those outside of our own? You know they aren't, beyond perhaps a little cosmetic layer on top. As such, you can find a certain percentage of consistency in crop circles, the same way you can find a certain percentage (the magic 5% figure) in UFO sightings. You don't need 100% consistency to still have consistency in some shape or form. If something has taken away that "UFO sighting" style 5% for you, from the crop circle phenomena, you should testify to it - but with a little proof more than a URL. I'd certainly be interested in your findings, but you'd need to be wholly truthful about it, but it sounds like you'd prefer to be vague and not really spill the details, I can respect that too, this being the internet and all, but the truth-seeker in me, can't really align with it, sorry.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Cool, so, please help me out here --

If a piece of wheat is snapped, how long does it continue to grow? Would a snap lower or higher dictate this length of time? I honestly don't know anything about that. I guess I would assume that above the snap point, the wheat is now dead. So it may still continue to grow beneath that point but not above it?

Some crop circles have wheat which goes from root in mud, up to the top, with only bends. The crop circle at Boreham has roots in mud, one feet then a snap, another feet and then a snap, multiple snap points basically. So the former is still growing and the latter, some of it is dying/dead now? (Note: Just to clarify, I'm not sure if the bent (not snapped) ones are still growing or dead though, would be interested to find that out)

Therefore, we know the snapped ones can be attributed to people, it's easy to create that outcome - but how does a circle-faker, ensure that every wheat is kept living in some of the cases? (edit: or only 'bent' and not snapped)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You are making a lot of (wrong) assumptions about me.

You have been given explanations for all this but apparently even seeing film of people like Circlemakers (and they are by no means the only ones doing these) and as you dismiss the fact that they have filmed themselves making circles then I just wonder what evidence would actually satisfy you.

Yes of course there are solar systems and planetary structures out there that are wholly inconsistent with ours. Look up 55 Cancri e, for but one of countless examples. A planet made of diamond. Plenty of those in the solar system, aren't there?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Wait, that's inconsistency based on what we know not what the universe is, you, we, don't have a full understanding of that. So diamond planets are consistent as far as the universe is concerned, inconsistent to an uneducated species like us (for all we know). I get your line of thinking, I do. And that's where you want this discussion to go, but I'm not going to do that. You really can stop with that website and it having the secrets of the universe, it really doesn't, please try something new, like your own research and reason, and I'll stop making assumptions about you. You've already colluded to the human element of crop circles, so you really don't have the answers I'm looking for. Still, it must be fun visiting alien & ufo forums to tell everyone they're wrong..!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

You said "Is the solar system and planetary structures inconsistent to those outside our own? You know that they aren't beyond perhaps a little cosmetic layer on top". So I showed you a pretty inconsistent example - a planet made of diamond. So you shift the goalposts.

Did I ever suggest that that website has all the secrets of the universe? No, I did not.

I have done my own research and given you reasons. You have had your answers but you plainly won't accept them but choose to have a go at me instead based on made up stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I recall watching a video in the 1990's of a man and a woman videotaping lights over a field creating crop circles. These aren't the same one I was looking for but they're interesting.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

I recall watching a video in the 1990's of a man and a woman videotaping lights over a field creating crop circles. These aren't the same one I was looking for but they're interesting.

I knew someone would post the fake CGI video of orbs creating the circle.

Like you say, you have an interest in crop circles, look through some threads, this video has the topic of discussion a few times before.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I visited the Boreham Wood one yesterday and it seems man-made, because all the wheat is snapped, broken. But I've visited ones in the past where they're all fused/bent at the nodes with no breakage.

So wheat keeps its exact composition and density when exposed to change in temp. and moisture?

Wouldn't moisture make the wheat more malleable and able to bend without breaking?

The inconsistency?

every night the temperature, air pressure, humidity , etc etc are different hence the inconsistency.

Some Circles may be created when the the wheat is dryer and its easy for the stems to break

other times if there enough moisture the stem will bend with out damaging the crop.

Its not going to explain all and every circle but its simple logic that explains how and why stems can bend without breaking.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Sure, but is what you say coming from the human angle or the extraterrestrial one? Because if you stomp wheat with a board you're going to snap some of it at some point, no matter how moisturised it is. On that level, I'm trying to ascertain the process which would be used to ensure that snapping doesn't happen at all. I don't see that it becomes effectively and exclusively elastic for a few hours a night, and that boarders get lucky by sometimes snapping it all and sometimes snapping nothing at all, purely because of moisture levels. As far as I'm aware (correct me if I'm wrong) there are no known ways to bend crop without breaking it. If I went into a moisturized crop field tonight and attempted to bend a piece of wheat, sure if I stood and held that into a new position for an hour it might very slightly change it's shape, but if I then tried the same method but with one quick "thwack" with a wooden board, I don't think I'd get a magic result...!

But that's almost a good way to describe a small number of them, that they have gone through an elasticated process of some kind, whereas many others, seemingly have not.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

If you tread on grass, does it snap? Or even if you put a heavy object, say a plant pot on grass, even for quite some time, does it snap? Answer is "no", by the way which I know from my own experience. It takes a fair bit of effort to snap anything other than a very dried out grain stem. The people that make these circles know about such things.

You could always get a piece of wood and try your own experiment, or get hold of a wheat stem instead of continually making assumptions. Ever been in a field of wheat?

We have a field full of barley at the end of our garden at the moment, assuming that the combine harvester has not been in today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join